Fall TV Preview

Vampire Diaries Recruits Supernatural's Sebastian Roche to Hunt Klaus

Sebastian Roche is done being an angel on Supernatural and is setting his sights on another CW series — The Vampire Diaries.

Roche will appear in a recurring role as “a very mysterious man who appears to be hunting vampires, most specifically Klaus,” reports EW.com.

Not to be confused with new addition Bill (played by Heroes‘ Jack Coleman), who comes to town to point out the Council’s failings, Roche’s character will be a source of concern for the powerful Klaus.

“He is big, and he is bad, but I would dare not say if he is the true Big Bad or not, trademark Joss Whedon,” Plec tells EW.com. “If you’ve learned anything from the Whedonverse seasonal-structuring school like we have, then there might be some bigger and badder people coming [later].”

Roche’s Supernatural character, Balthazar, met a bloody end at the hands of Castiel last season.

Season 3 of The Vampire Diaries premieres Sept. 15.

Comments (32)

• I think he will make a great addition. Sebastian Roche is great at playing a Baddie.

Comment by Mayela – August 10, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This guy appears in every single one of my shows: Fringe, Supernatural, Criminal Minds, and now The Vampire Diaries.

He’s an excellent actor, and I hope he sticks around for a while.

Comment by David F. – August 10, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Was gonna say the exact same thing!

Comment by Sally – August 10, 2011 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would like to add to that list of shows I also watch, his guest appearance on Alias, and his recent run as Jerry Jacks on my soap General Hospital. Follow him on Twitter, darling.

Comment by Tivochick – August 10, 2011 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was about to say the same thing, he’s on every good show I watch.

Comment by Jones19 – August 11, 2011 02:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We never saw Balthazar’s wings so I’m holding out hope he’s not gone for good from Supernatural. :P

Comment by Linda – August 10, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ditto, he’s my favorite angel, after castiel, of course lol

Comment by Krystle – August 10, 2011 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. I’m hoping to see him back in Supernatural some time. He was a great character.

Comment by Mariapia – August 10, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed :) I loved him. I just hate what they did to both him and Cas.

Comment by Ella – August 10, 2011 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um.. I can not express how much I love this casting. LOVE LOVE LOVE him. Can’t wait for the new season even more now!

Comment by megan – August 10, 2011 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Umm, hello? He’ll always be General Hospital’s Jerry Jacks. THAT is his definitive (and best known) role.

Comment by Captain – August 10, 2011 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, best known role to lonely housewives with nothing better to do.

Comment by Mr. So & So – August 11, 2011 02:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely recognize him from Fringe, which definitely makes me excited.

Comment by Saracen Riggins – August 10, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well if I can’t have him in Superntural, I’m happy I’ll get him in the Vampire Diaries! Hooray!

Comment by Amy – August 10, 2011 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good casting, Like someone said he’s been in alot of my fave. shows GH, Supernatural & Fringe. Excited!!

Comment by qeee – August 10, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klaus sucks. Not a pun. He just sucks. Hope Balthazar gets to kill him, and QUCIKLY.

Comment by TheDude – August 10, 2011 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best casting scoop for season 3 so far. Now TVD just needs to cast Mark Sheppard and Mark Pellegrino. Those two and Sebastian Roche have guest starred in almost every show imaginable.

Comment by Dean – August 10, 2011 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m convinced Mark Sheppard’s going to be one of the Originals. They’re ‘English-ish’ and have ambiguous morals after all.

Comment by Vanessa – August 10, 2011 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I truly am regretful that he was killed off of Fringe.

Comment by Hana – August 10, 2011 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! This guy was fantastic on Supernatural.

Comment by Jamie – August 10, 2011 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was AMAZING in Fringe!

Comment by Guess – August 10, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joss Whedon reference? A+, Julie!

I liked Sebastian on GH.

Comment by Sivat – August 10, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who doesn’t love a good Whedonverse reference? I love that the TVD showrunners learned a few things from Joss because he has been behind some of my all-time favorite television. Sebastian does such a great job in everything he does and I’m sure he won’t disappoint.

Comment by Dom – August 11, 2011 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man was amazing in Fringe! Looking forward to TVD season 3!

Comment by Adriaan – August 11, 2011 03:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else think he looks like Gordon Ramsay?

Comment by jakeydood – August 11, 2011 03:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes totally.

Comment by Danielle H. – August 11, 2011 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy about this! I really like him!!

Comment by O – August 11, 2011 04:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sebastion Roche AND Jack Coleman! That makes an awesome show so much more awesome!!!!!

Comment by Shannon – August 11, 2011 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OHHH NOOOO come back to FRINGE!!!!!!! VD ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Comment by Shar – August 11, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!

Comment by L – August 11, 2011 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yaaay!! Loved Balty on Supernatural — looking forward to TVD even more now!

Comment by Melanie – August 13, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, so excited to see him on TVD! He was so deliciously bad on GH as Jerry Jax and so entertaining to watch as Balthazar on SPN. Season 3 is shaping up to be really awesome so far.

Comment by Jamie – September 15, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post