Love Hewitt's Client List Scores Series Order

Get More: News, Series Orders

Jennifer Love Hewitt’s The Client List has scored something few Lifetime original movies ever do: a series pickup!

The female-centric network has placed a 10-episode order for a drama series based on last year’s flick to premiere in 2012.

Hewitt will both reprise her Client List role — which earned the actress a Golden Globe nomination — and serve as executive producer of the project. Additionally, Lifetime has inked a development deal with Hewitt’s production company Fedora Films.

Client List tells the scandalous story of a strapped-for-cash housewife who runs a prostitution ring day spa after her husband abandons her.

Hewitt was most recently in the running to join NBC’s revamped Law & Order: SVU as a new sex crimes detective, but Chase alumna Kelli Giddish ultimately landed the role.

Comments (14)

• But I don’t get it. The movie told the whole story, what is the series going to be just another rehashing of everything the movie showed? Hmm.

Comment by Danielle H. – August 10, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thats exactly what I was thinking

Comment by Guest – August 10, 2011 11:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A hooker with a heart of gold? gee that really is as old as the hills.

Comment by dee – August 10, 2011 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JLH is actually a pretty good actress. Her guest starring role on SVU was damn solid.

She needs to hold out for something actually worth her while. I’ve followed her because I find her stunning and magnetic, but I couldn’t bear to watch Ghost Whisperer, nor am I willing to watch a series based on The Client List.

Hewitt needs to think outside the box. She needs to do something hard, dark, villainous even. I’ve never seen that aspect of her. A series of Client List feels too in-the-box. She has the acting chops, but if she keeps doing work like this, no one will take her seriously.

Comment by DL – August 10, 2011 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DL,

I Couldnt have said it better myself!

Comment by Tommy – August 10, 2011 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still upset about Ghost Whisperer’s abrupt and unnecessary cancellation. :-(

Comment by Sivat – August 10, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was surprised that both Ghost Whisperer and Cold Case, the only two CBS shows we liked, were gone w/o a word.

Comment by artfrankmiami – August 11, 2011 04:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does the world really need this? JLH is overrated and GW sucked. Seriously, how can people be sad about GW getting cancelled after so many years on air – when precious things like Friday Night Lights never got the attention it deserved?

Comment by Kiki – August 11, 2011 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read on TVGuide that she will be a single mom who’s husband left her and she is working at the “spa” and running it.

Comment by MJ – August 11, 2011 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So it’s Weeds but she’s a divorcee instead of a widow, and she provides a different vice?

Comment by Brigid – August 11, 2011 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer Love Hewitt is a bad actress.

Comment by SL – August 11, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s perfect to play Casey Anthony in a TV movie. Just as disgusting and the resemblance is notable.

Comment by Ozzie – August 13, 2011 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Jennifer Love Hewitt. She’s a great actress with
    gorgeous curves.

Comment by L – August 11, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another hooker story. If she want’s people to take her seriously, she needs to take better roles and better shows. It sucks the fact that she is promoting prostitution on Lifetime. Its simply discusting. I know I won’t watch the show.

Comment by D.J. – April 4, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post