Scoop: Greek's Jake McDorman Scores Chelsea Promotion, Melrose's Nick Zano Goes Broke

Greek‘s Jake McDorman is graduating from a guest star to a series regular on NBC’s retooled midseason comedy Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea.

In other casting news, Melrose Place‘s Nick Zano is joining CBS’ freshman sitcom 2 Broke Girls in a major recurring role.

On Chelsea Handler’s semi-autobiographical Vodka, McDorman will fill the bartender void left by Jo Koy, who was one of three castmembers dropped after the project was picked up to series. McDorman probably had a leg up on the competition seeing as he guest-starred in the pilot as a lust interest for Laura Prepon’s Chelsea.

Meanwhile, Zano — whose credits also include an arc as Courteney Cox’s boyfriend on Cougar Town — joins Broke Girls as Johnny, a street artist/bartender and a romantic foil for Kat Dennings’ Max.

1. Daniel says:

Jake was awesome on Greek, I used to like him instead of Cappie.

2. ggny says:

and they just ruined 2 Broke Girls by adding Nick Zano who has a horrible onscreen presences

3. Elizabeth says:

Gosh, I had no desire to watch Chelsea but I have had a li’l crush on Jake McDorman since Greek first began.
    So, now I have to check this out. I’m happy to learn he’ll be back on my tv!

4. Erin says:

I like Jake McDorman, but this Chelsea Handler show is going to be a mess.

5. Paige says:

I love this news! Especially since I just sent an Ask Asuiello question about Jake’s role yesterday.

If Jake’s a regular now I’m going to definitely check it out. His addition to the cast will be interesting to see. I still find it kinda amusing that he’s co starring with Scott Michael Foster’s (Cappie from Greek) girlfriend.

6. KSM says:

OK the guy from Quintuplets replaced Jo Koy??? TV executives have officially lost their minds.

7. Mel says:

A non-white actor was replaced by a white actor? I am SHOCKED by this news ::sarcasm::
    One down, two to go, NBC…. love to know how Chelsea really feels about this.

8. Kyle says:

2Broke Girls just got a lot more interesting, Nick Zano was Vince! I will take him anywhere.

• Amy says:

oh no Kat Dennings deserves better no offense but he is very wooden..pretty but wooden imo but maybe he will prove me wrong..who knows.

9. ruby says:

so happy for Jake McDorman he was underrated on Greek, I wish though he’d not have that weird red hair that he had in the pilot. I am definitely tuning in.

10. maggie says:

NBC got rid of all the minority performers on “Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea.” They cut a hispanic actress, a black actress, and an asian actor. They’ve now replaced the asian actor with a white actor. I guess the other 2 roles will be filled with white actresses.
    Having watched the preview for the show, the cut performers were all good. The problem with the show was the writing and the wooden acting of Laura Prepon in the lead.

11. Tee says:

I liked Jake on Greek but that Chelsea show looks too dumb to watch.

12. Juliet says:

I loved Jake Mcdorman (i actually rooted for Casey/Evan on Greek, the actors had very good chemistry i could not help it..lol..and i loved Cappie..but i was still for Evan/Jake) well anyway i am really glad to see him on my screen again but this show seems really lame..well we will see..
    Ah it is funny that he plays Laura Prepon love interest whereas she is with the guy who played Cappie in real life..funny.