Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Happy Endings Casts Married Alum

Remember when we told you in Ask Ausiello that Happy Endings was about to introduce the new character of Dave’s old buddy, Glaze? Well, now we know who’s going to play him: Married to the Kellys alum Derek Waters.

The up-’n’-comer, who’s also had parts in movies like He’s Just Not That Into You and Hall Pass, “knows [series regulars] Casey Wilson and Adam Pally,” says exec producer Jonathan Groff. “And he has a strong improv/sketch background. We’re always looking for those folks ’cause they give us so much extra.”

Which is going to be crucial, considering the mission the show’s powers that be have undertaken. “We’re trying to build out the world of our characters, with parents [and] other idiot friends from college,” Groff explains. So, as you’d expect, the hope is that the role of Glaze will recur. Guess this means that he and Dave will get past that age-old incident in which Alex accused her then-fiance’s pal of selling one of her bras on Craigslist.

Your thoughts?

Comments (8)

• When I read the title I thought you meant married as in married with children. Got slightly excited alas…

Comment by t.t – August 9, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^ Same here. :D

Comment by Chmarin – August 9, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • me too ^^^^^

Comment by boyd crowder – August 9, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you know, i really like this show! can’t wait for it to start up again.

Comment by Claire Groft – August 9, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good casting choice. I’ve never seen Married to the Kellys but I know Waters from Channel 101 and a bunch of the webseries he’s been involved with over the years. His most famous is probably Drunk History from Funny or Die which he created and costars in.

Comment by Robert Paulson – August 9, 2011 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It doesn’t matter who’s being cast, everyone is pretty funny in the show. I can’t wait for the premiere.

Comment by Kyle – August 9, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, hopefully it will attract a modest audience in the post-Modern Family timeslot. I remember Married to the Kellys, it was on TGIF back in the day (2003).

Comment by Spandex – August 9, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My brothers have been raving about this show since it aired in the spring and I FINALLY watched the episodes that were up on ABC.com over the weekend and I LOVE this show!! They are all funny, but Max takes the cake for me. HILARIOUS.

Comment by Saracen Riggins – August 10, 2011 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post