Fall TV Preview

Chuck Scoop: Lost's Jeff Fahey, Smallville's Justin Hartley to Guest Star

Chuck has hit the TV fanboy jackpot: Lost‘s Jeff Fahey and Smallville‘s Justin Hartley have been tapped to guest star in this season’s second episode, TVLine has confirmed.

Fahey will play Karl Sneijder, the president and CEO of diamond giant Natal Jewelers. Although he’s been under CIA scrutiny in the past for alleged criminal activity, nothing has ever stuck. He comes to Chuck and Sarah’s spy shingle Carmichael Industries for help when his innocent little brother, Wesley, is kidnapped.

The lil’ bro role will be played by, you guessed it, Hartley.

Chuck‘s fifth and final season kicks off Friday, Oct. 21.

Comments (24)

• Wesley Sneijder? Are the Chuck writers football fans?

Comment by R_Patz – August 9, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My first thought exactly!

Comment by Tee_sui – August 10, 2011 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like this casting scoop. Justin Hartley was great on Smallville so I’m sure he’ll fit right in on Chuck.

Comment by kaye – August 9, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah Justin is a great actor. I never really cared for or read anything involving Green Arrow, but JH really showed a whole other side of the character that made him a whole lot more interesting. This makes Justin now the second Smallville alum to guest star on Chuck. The first was kristin Kreuk as Hannah in S3. Her character was supposed to be in one ep but ended up being in several. So depending on how JH character plays out will determine if he will come back again.

Comment by Matt – August 27, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope he gets some Lapidus-y wisecracks.

Comment by John – August 9, 2011 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chuck pulled the “Oceanic 815 was shot down by…” in Season 1. A Lost reference is a given, considering how much of a fanatic is Zachary Levi.

Comment by lei – August 9, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hey you’re right! I had completely forgotten about that. In fact there is probably more that one Lost reference throughout the show. I seem to have forgotten alot of Seasons 1 and 2. They seem like they were on so long ago. So I think I will watch them again if only to look back on all the characters to see how they were back then, and see how far they have developed to now. Especially Chuck, Morgan, Sarah, and Casey

Comment by Matt – August 27, 2011 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great actors but brothers? Fahey has 25 years on Hartley. That’s old enough to play his Dad, not older bro.

Comment by Ryan – August 9, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Plus, it’s kinda hard to see Justin Hartley as a kidnapped “innocent little brother” when he spent the last couple of years being a superhero on Smallville.

Comment by Dean – August 9, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He wasn’t much of a superhero on Smallville. His Oliver Queen spent a lot of his time falling down drunk or moping over Lois and Chloe. Justin Hartley’s story line in Season 10 mostly had him whining over Chloe’s absence. Getting kidnapped on Chuck would be a step up.

Comment by May – August 11, 2011 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dude, that’s not revealed until the third act of the episode!!

Comment by sadtroll – August 9, 2011 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck has always been keen on pulling in geek-culture icons for guest starring roles – looks like they’re making the most of the episodes they’ve got left.

Comment by wordsmith – August 9, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay! Can’t wait for chuck. looks like this Carmichael industries is a great idea after all.^^

Comment by kristine c. – August 9, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • October 21t? To paraphrase Chief Engineer Scotty, “I canna wait any longer, Cap’n!”

Comment by PPPG – August 9, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let me guess. Li’l bro turns out to be not so innocent after all? I’m looking forward to it! I imagine we’ll continue to see fantastic guest stars throughout the final season. Keep up the great work, Chuck PTB!

Comment by Ace – August 9, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck has the best gueststars, love it :)

Comment by Fangirl – August 9, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully this could lead to Hartley gaining a position in Carmichael idustries…I hope they let him bust out a few arrows in this episode…or atleast be wearing an emerald green shirt…LOL. Maybe a Green Arrow comic reference perhaps..lol.

Comment by Tater – August 9, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please ley Justin either be wearing green at some point OR handling a bow and aroow. I’m not picky.

And the LOST reference is a given. ;)

Comment by Michelle – August 9, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justin Hartley needs his own show ASAP!

Comment by Rose – August 9, 2011 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel Justin is a very talented actor and in time he will show the industry just how powerful his acting career can be.

Comment by PATRICIA J. WILLIAMS – October 12, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aaaahhhh! Justin Hartley on my tv again!! I don’t watch Chuck, but I’m definitely watching this episode!

Comment by KC – August 9, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justin Hartley on Chuck? This news just made my whole week!

Comment by Nicky C – August 9, 2011 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited to see Jeff Fahey back on screens, especially on Chuck. Go Lapidus!

Comment by JohnAr – August 10, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Jeff Fahey. He’s very handsome man!

Comment by SvetLana – April 9, 2012 04:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post