FX Renews Louie and Wilfred, Orders Two More Seasons of It's Always Sunny

FX president John Landgraf kicked off the cabler’s Television Critics Association summer press tour session on Saturday with a flurry of good news.

The freshman comedy Wilfred has been picked up for a second season of 13 episodes, while Louie — on the heels of posting 56 percent ratings gains in its sophomore run — will be back for a third cycle.

FX has also ordered two more seasons of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which at nine seasons will make it the longest-running live-action comedy in basic cable history.

Also announced was the November launch of FX Canada, a cable offshoot that will make FX programs readily available up North.

1. Jonathan says:

This is absolutely awesome news!!!!!!

2. jrs says:

This news makes my day! All great shows.

3. sean says:

Soooooo exciting! I don’t watch Louie but Wilfred has been amazing and the simple fact of knowing that Always Sunny will be around for 2 more years after this season makes life worth living!

4. Michael says:

Wow. And Sunny hasn’t even aired its new season yet.

5. Kirstin says:

YAY! I love Wilfred =)

6. Ram510 says:

YEEESSSS!!! 2 more seasons of Always Sunny makes me happy! Eventhough last season was awful, buy I think it was because Dee was having a baby in real life. This helps in a time when I find out Desperate Housewives is ending. Thank you FX

7. Jon says:

Thrilled on all accounts. LOVE the Wilfred and Louie comedy block.. Wilfred is terribly underrated.

8. Elena says:

Yay Louie!

9. I’m glad there are people who are happy with this news. All it tells me is to keep away from FX (and I normally like Louis CK). But there are consumers for the type of humor these shows display and I’m glad that it isn’t being swept away for something more formulaic and middle-ground.

10. Manuel says:

I live in Mexico and that abortion of a channel we have here with the name FX is not even closely related with the American version. I don’t know why they don’t broadcast all the amazing shows this channel produces: Archer and Louie (my favorites), Wilfred, Sunny… The best our version has is those reruns of the first 4 seasons of The Office. :S

11. John says:

Die, Sunny, die! You basically stopped being funny in season four. What will you possibly do with two more seasons? – John

12. rachelle says:

omg!!! sooooo happy to hear about Sunny and Wilfred. I don’t watch Louie, but will check it out since it’s grouped in with 2 of the best shows on tv!

13. Charlotte says:

YAY to Louie! Probably the funniest show I’ve seen in a long time!

14. Jonathan taber says:

Wilfred and louis are two of the worst shows that have aired.