FX Renews Louie and Wilfred, Orders Two More Seasons of It's Always Sunny

Get More: News, Renewals

FX president John Landgraf kicked off the cabler’s Television Critics Association summer press tour session on Saturday with a flurry of good news.

The freshman comedy Wilfred has been picked up for a second season of 13 episodes, while Louie — on the heels of posting 56 percent ratings gains in its sophomore run — will be back for a third cycle.

FX has also ordered two more seasons of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which at nine seasons will make it the longest-running live-action comedy in basic cable history.

Also announced was the November launch of FX Canada, a cable offshoot that will make FX programs readily available up North.

Tags: , ,

Comments (16)

• This is absolutely awesome news!!!!!!

Comment by Jonathan – August 6, 2011 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This news makes my day! All great shows.

Comment by jrs – August 6, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Soooooo exciting! I don’t watch Louie but Wilfred has been amazing and the simple fact of knowing that Always Sunny will be around for 2 more years after this season makes life worth living!

Comment by sean – August 6, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. And Sunny hasn’t even aired its new season yet.

Comment by Michael – August 6, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d renew it just based on the new promos for the show.

Comment by Josh – August 6, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! I love Wilfred =)

Comment by Kirstin – August 6, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEEESSSS!!! 2 more seasons of Always Sunny makes me happy! Eventhough last season was awful, buy I think it was because Dee was having a baby in real life. This helps in a time when I find out Desperate Housewives is ending. Thank you FX

Comment by Ram510 – August 6, 2011 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thrilled on all accounts. LOVE the Wilfred and Louie comedy block.. Wilfred is terribly underrated.

Comment by Jon – August 6, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Louie!

Comment by Elena – August 6, 2011 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad there are people who are happy with this news. All it tells me is to keep away from FX (and I normally like Louis CK). But there are consumers for the type of humor these shows display and I’m glad that it isn’t being swept away for something more formulaic and middle-ground.

Comment by Timothy McNeil – August 6, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I live in Mexico and that abortion of a channel we have here with the name FX is not even closely related with the American version. I don’t know why they don’t broadcast all the amazing shows this channel produces: Archer and Louie (my favorites), Wilfred, Sunny… The best our version has is those reruns of the first 4 seasons of The Office. :S

Comment by Manuel – August 6, 2011 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Die, Sunny, die! You basically stopped being funny in season four. What will you possibly do with two more seasons? – John

Comment by John – August 6, 2011 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • poo on you

Comment by TinCanBanana – August 18, 2011 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg!!! sooooo happy to hear about Sunny and Wilfred. I don’t watch Louie, but will check it out since it’s grouped in with 2 of the best shows on tv!

Comment by rachelle – August 6, 2011 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY to Louie! Probably the funniest show I’ve seen in a long time!

Comment by Charlotte – August 7, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wilfred and louis are two of the worst shows that have aired.

Comment by Jonathan taber – April 17, 2012 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post