TVLine Items: Jersey Shore Ratings, Hawaii Five-0scar Winner, Rizzoli Renewed and More!
The phenomenon that is Jersey Shore rolled on Thursday night with 8.8 million viewers tuning in to the show’s Season Four premiere, which found Sitch, Snooki and Co. taking their GTL act to Italy. It ranked as MTV’s most-watched season premiere telecast ever and Jersey‘s third highest-rated episode to date (behind two Season 3 eps).
Ready for the the rest of today’s headlines? Well…
* TNT has renewed its hit drama Rizzoli & Isles for a 15-episode third season, slated to launch next summer.
* Oscar winner and golden-age TV twin Patty Duke has booked a guest-starring role on CBS’ Hawaii Five-0, EW.com reports.
* The scarily Charlie Sheen-obsessed TMZ has obtained what it purports to be set photos from the funeral Two and a Half Men is throwing for Charlie Harper in the Sept. 19 season premiere. Check out the “smoking gun” bowling shirt!
* HBO is developing — though not necessarily for itself — a small-screen series based on Candance Bushnell’s Sex and the City prequel books, featuring Carrie Bradshaw as a high school student, according to the Los Angeles Times.
* Brett Ratner, maker of funny films, has somewhat surprisingly been tapped to help produce this year’s Academy Awards telecast. Our sister site Deadline.com has the full scoop.
* The summer TV season’s go-to guest star, Chi McBride, will next pop up on the season finale of USA Network’s Suits, TVGuide.com reports.