Sarah Michelle Gellar Confirms AMC Return

Get More: Casting News, News, Scoop

Sarah Michelle Gellar is headed back to Pine Valley, but there’s a twist: She will not be reprising her role as Kendall.

“I can officially confirm that I will be doing a guest spot on All My Children,” Gellar announced at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour, where she was promoting her new CW thriller Ringer. “When I heard that the show was canceled I didn’t understand. It just doesn’t make sense to me. So, I called Judy Wilson, who is the casting director and has been since I was there, and I said I wanted to do something.”

Her one and only request? “I was very specific — I don’t want to be Kendall; that’s Alicia [Minshew]‘s role,” Gellar recounted. “But I just wanted to be a part of it. I have no idea what I’m going to do, so we can take suggestions, but I will be doing one day. I’m excited.”

Fun fact: Gellar is slated to shoot her guest spot the same day as fellow AMC alum Justin Bruening, who was just cast as Gellar’s love interest in Ringer.

Comments (17)

• Have her play Sarah Michelle Gellar, playing Kendall on an in universe TV show.

Comment by Ryan – August 4, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My mind just exploded.

Comment by Tom Bergeron – August 4, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be hilarious!

Comment by Denise – August 4, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be awesome

Comment by Morna Friedberg – August 4, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS THIS THIS

Comment by lipsticksocialism – August 4, 2011 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would work.

Comment by raelee514 – August 4, 2011 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s a really funny idea.

Comment by Girard – August 4, 2011 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pine valley has a hellmouth and she goes there to fight the good fight as Buffy?

Comment by tracie – August 4, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank god she will not be playing Kendall. Sarah playing again Kendall would be an insult to Alicia. Finally, Sarah acting with Thorsten Kaye as Zach would be creepy and they would have zero chemistry.

Comment by Scottyb – August 4, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see her! Hopefully this airs the same day Ringer premieres (September 13).

Comment by Sivat – August 4, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She has to play Kendall. She will always be the Real Kendal Hart.

Comment by Chris – August 4, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have never been one for soaps, but this is fantastic news and really a great thing for Sarah to do. I think it’ll look favorably on Sarah all these many years after hardcore fans of All My Children called her out for leaving the series for Buffy almost immediately after winning her Daytime Emmy for the role of Kendall.

Comment by J. – August 4, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is very cool news. I started watching AMC back in the day because of her.

Comment by Carrie – August 4, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s the real Kendall, Andrea Evans is the real Tina, Sarah Brown the real Carly. I honestly stopped watching GH because of SB leaving — and hearing she came back to play a different role didn’t change anything. Then, I found out that Luke and Laura weren’t together because he, what?, wanted to be with Tracy Quartermaine. Yes, I’m curmudgeonly on this score.

They should try to get Michelle Trachtenberg too — AMC is where they met and it was that friendship that led MT to the Buffy set. SMG can teach a self-defense course. :)

Comment by Michelle R – August 4, 2011 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want SMG character’s to meet Kendall’s son Spike and have a reaction to the name — fandoms collide!

Comment by raelee514 – August 4, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is hysterical! HOW could that never have occurred to me before – do you know if it was intentional?

Comment by linds – August 4, 2011 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, while I loved her as kendal and upset when she left she can’t come back as another person. With all the dead people coming back maybe she should be the long lost sister?

Comment by judy – August 4, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post