Sarah Michelle Gellar Confirms AMC Return

Sarah Michelle Gellar is headed back to Pine Valley, but there’s a twist: She will not be reprising her role as Kendall.

“I can officially confirm that I will be doing a guest spot on All My Children,” Gellar announced at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour, where she was promoting her new CW thriller Ringer. “When I heard that the show was canceled I didn’t understand. It just doesn’t make sense to me. So, I called Judy Wilson, who is the casting director and has been since I was there, and I said I wanted to do something.”

Her one and only request? “I was very specific — I don’t want to be Kendall; that’s Alicia [Minshew]’s role,” Gellar recounted. “But I just wanted to be a part of it. I have no idea what I’m going to do, so we can take suggestions, but I will be doing one day. I’m excited.”

Fun fact: Gellar is slated to shoot her guest spot the same day as fellow AMC alum Justin Bruening, who was just cast as Gellar’s love interest in Ringer.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Ryan says:

Have her play Sarah Michelle Gellar, playing Kendall on an in universe TV show.

2. tracie says:

Pine valley has a hellmouth and she goes there to fight the good fight as Buffy?

3. Scottyb says:

Thank god she will not be playing Kendall. Sarah playing again Kendall would be an insult to Alicia. Finally, Sarah acting with Thorsten Kaye as Zach would be creepy and they would have zero chemistry.

4. Sivat says:

I can’t wait to see her! Hopefully this airs the same day Ringer premieres (September 13).

5. Chris says:

She has to play Kendall. She will always be the Real Kendal Hart.

6. J. says:

I have never been one for soaps, but this is fantastic news and really a great thing for Sarah to do. I think it’ll look favorably on Sarah all these many years after hardcore fans of All My Children called her out for leaving the series for Buffy almost immediately after winning her Daytime Emmy for the role of Kendall.

7. Carrie says:

This is very cool news. I started watching AMC back in the day because of her.

8. Michelle R says:

She’s the real Kendall, Andrea Evans is the real Tina, Sarah Brown the real Carly. I honestly stopped watching GH because of SB leaving — and hearing she came back to play a different role didn’t change anything. Then, I found out that Luke and Laura weren’t together because he, what?, wanted to be with Tracy Quartermaine. Yes, I’m curmudgeonly on this score.

They should try to get Michelle Trachtenberg too — AMC is where they met and it was that friendship that led MT to the Buffy set. SMG can teach a self-defense course. :)

9. raelee514 says:

I want SMG character’s to meet Kendall’s son Spike and have a reaction to the name — fandoms collide!

10. judy says:

Wow, while I loved her as kendal and upset when she left she can’t come back as another person. With all the dead people coming back maybe she should be the long lost sister?