Fall TV Preview

Criminal Minds Exclusive: Homicide's Isabella Hofmann Cast as the 'Love of [Spoiler]'s Life'

One of Agent Rossi’s (Joe Mantegna) three ex-wives will be coming out of the woodwork this season on Criminal Minds.

Homicide Life on the Street‘s Isabella Hofmann has landed a two-episode arc as Rossi’s first wife, new showrunner Erica Messer confirms to TVLine exclusively.

Spoiler Alert: Paget Brewster Previews Prentiss’ Comeback

“She’s the love of his life,” Messer elaborates. “We’ll meet her in Episode 5” when she comes to her former hubby for help.

Hofmann’s credits also include JAG, Providence and Dear John.

Minds‘ seventh season kicks off Wednesday, Sept. 21.

1. Ana Claudia Monteiro says:

YAY!!!! A Rossi storyline arc! There aren’t many stories about him.I love when it happens and I think Joe Mantegna deserves it.

2. Jessie says:

But I thought Emma was the love of Rossi’s life. I guess we’re supposed to forget episode 5.03 ever happened huh?

3. Alicia says:

Panicked for a quick second thinking it might be “Love of [Hotch]’s life” (forgot about Haley) but then came to my senses. If there’s ever another woman in Hotch’s life his has to be… Emily.
    So, um, yay for Rossi?

4. Lily says:

Dear Ausiello, you know that if you write the spoiler in the url address of the article, it kinda defeat the purpose of having “spoiler” written since we see the spoiler before even opening the said article? ;-)

5. Blue Sunflower says:

Uh, why again are we supposed to forget 5.03 ever happened? Rossi knew Emma when he was much much younger. Besides, last I checked, it’s possible for someone to fall in love deeply more than once. I for one am looking forward to a Rossi storyline, and have always wanted to meet someone who was either wise enough or dumb enough to marry our favorite curmudgeon. :D

6. Mikaylah says:

Rossi and Emma were never actually together, right? So maybe that was his great unrequited love.

7. Grace says:

I’m glad Rossi is getting a story line. But when are Prentiss and Hotch getting together? They can’t bring Prentiss back “from the dead” without Hotch coming to his senses.

• Jessica says:

I agree with making Prentiss and Hotch an item but I thought they teased at the beginning of last season they were going to make Prentiss a lesbian? Anyone else remember hearing that?

• Dav says:

If I recall correctly that was one of the producers and not one of the writers so he probably didn’t know what he was talking about. It was a general question about Prentiss getting a boyfriend and he said “who knows if she’s even straight” or something like that. I suspect he was just trying to get people talking but who knows. I personally don’t care one way or the other except that I really *don’t* want her with Hotch.

• Gloria says:

I totally agree with you. Prentiss is not for Hotch. I do think that he does need someone in his life since Haylee was murdered. I would like to see, a part of his private life in a story line. We had bits and pieces of him, but would like to have a little more. I just think it
          would make things awkward if Hotch and Prentiss got together. She is not for him.

• Alicia says:

Yes! Hotch and Prentiss belong together–it needs to happen :D

8. Shirley says:

THANK YOU!!!
    I’ve been wanting to see one of his ex-wives show up for a long time.

9. Babs says:

It’s about time the writers remembered they have the great Joe Mantegna on the team. Glad to finally see more of him in the story.

10. Lakisha says:

I would LOVE to see Hotch and Prentiss together! She is always looking out for him in a way that’s different from the others! Morgan needs a girlfriend too…he’s too handsome not to have someone special in his life! LOL

11. Ann says:

I will wait and see how the Rossi storyline plays out. But I hope we don’t get into love stories on CM. One of the reasons I watch the show is that they don’t do scenes like those with Tony/whoever on NCIS and Ziva/whoever she gets paired with, Palmer/his girl, etc. CM is about profiling and I’d like the romance to stay out of it. I do not mind some team members relationships like the Morgan/Reid frienship. That’s different and it works for this series. But no Hotch/Emily please! I don’t care for the idea of any team member with a love interest and we already have Garcia/Kevin and JJ/Will. That’s enough.

I wonder if Rossi will end up having a kid he knows nothing about? I can’t see a reason to bring in one of his ex-wives for a general problem.

12. Ceridwyn2 says:

Great to see some background for Rossi!

And no. Not Prentiss & Hotch. Emily & JJ all the way.

13. robby says: