Romano will reunite with Heaton on the ABC sitcom’s third season premiere (airing Sept. 21), TV Guide Magazine reports. He’ll play a fella from Frankie’s past who just might be the person responsible for ruining her years-ago honeymoon with Mike (played by Neil Flynn). The only thing that would make this scenario sweeter is if Raymond mom-turned-Middle guest Doris Roberts resurfaces as Brick’s teacher in the same episode.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Live from New York… Alec Baldwin is locked in to host Saturday Night Live‘s 37th season premiere, making it the 30 Rock funnyman’s record-setting 16th time lording over Studio 8H. TVLine has also confirmed that Mike & Molly‘s Melissa McCarthy will reunite with Bridesmaids costar Kristen Wiig as host of the season’s second outing. NBC has yet to officially announce airdates for either installment.
• It’s a Simpsons/Parks and Recreation crossover — kinda. According to New York Magazine‘s Vulture blog, Dan Castellaneta (aka the voice of Springfield’s own Homer Simpson, among others) will appear in the third episode of the NBC comedy’s upcoming season as an NPR-type radio host. (We’re hearing the character’s name, in true P&R fashion, is Derry Murbles.)
• More Game of Thrones Season 2 casting scoop has surfaced: German actor Tom Wlaschiha (Enemy at the Gates) has landed the role of ruthless assassin Jaqen H’gar, per EW.com.
• FX’s Sons of Anarchy has released an updated version of its mobile app, available for 99 cents (but free for those who bought the app last year). The upgraded app will be available to Android users starting Sept. 2, and includes three exclusive additional scenes that provide a glimpse of the SAMCRO family’s life both in the Stockton prison and back home in Charming.
• Steven Spielberg has teamed with Discovery and Science Channels on Rising: Rebuilding Ground Zero, a two-week special event (premiering Friday, August 25) aimed at showcasing the restoration of the now-sacred World Trade Center site.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?