Exclusive

Exclusive: Necessary Roughness Doc Scores a Date With Housewives Homewrecker

The Desperate Housewives pizza boy man who wrecked Scavo’s — both the restaurant and its namesake-couple — is headed to USA Network’s Necessary Roughness to romance Dr. Dani.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Jason Gedrick has booked a three-episode arc on the sports dramedy as a new old love interest for Callie Thorne’s miracle-working shrink. Allow us to explain: The Boomtown actor will play Dr. J.D. Aldrigde, Dani’s former grad school professor who unexpectedly falls back into her life. But Aldridge will do more than just woo Dani; he’ll also butt heads with Marc Blucas’ Matt, her onetime fling and obvious soulmate.

“Jason and I get to have our ‘chest-out’ moments together,” Blucas tells TVLine. “We’ve actually worked together before [on Summer Catch], so it’s been fun on set.”

That said, Blucas believes Gedrick’s character isn’t as big of a threat as Scott Cohen’s main man. “I have a sneaky suspicion that Dani and Nico are going to have their own little romance,” he teases with a laugh, adding, “If and when that happens, Matt will definitely be jealous.”

Gedrick, who co-stars opposite Dustin Hoffman in HBO’s hotly-anticipated drama Luck, makes his first Necessary appearance on Aug. 17.

1. Kyle says:

Darn it! Dani and Matt look so much better together… I love the show!

2. Tori says:

I like Dani and Matt but really wanna see Dani and Nico. Great show.

3. Mikaylah says:

I get why Dani is attracted to Matt, but I am way more interested in her and Nico.

4. lisa says:

TEAM DANICO! Nico’s swag is through the roof; a man who will do anything for those he cares about; hes loyal and a really good guy…i so hope they will get together but you know tv is; if they do it will happen later in the series; fingers crossed.

5. bkwrm says:

I don’t understand why Dani would be ok with dating Nico, who she works with, when she won’t date Matt for that exact reason. I think it is a stupid reason since its not like they are Jim and Pam working together. They really don’t see each other all the time or every day for that matter. And I am referring to both Nico and Matt. It would be a huge slap in the face to Matt if she was willing to break her rule for Nico but not for him. That being said, I wouldn’t mind if Dani and Nico had a brief relationship before she ended up with Matt.

6. Toni says:

Although there is nothing wrong with Matt, I never saw him as the obvious soulmate for Dani. I have always liked the interaction between Dani and Nico.

7. Pam says:

I saw the Nico flames in last week’s ep. And the more bits I learn about Nico, the more I like him. He’s the bad boy with a heart of gold that does not exist in reality but women like to fantasize about.

8. Patty says:

I love this show. It’s so layered in the relationships. I just want more Dani/Matt and Dani/Nico time. Maybe I just want to see more Dani time without the client of the week!

9. Nikki says:

My vote is for Nico, he is so yummy and they would be smokin hot together. She needs a mans man, not a wishy-washy boy. Team Nico all the way!

10. Elizabeth says:

I know I’m supposed to want Matt with Dani but Nico….oh dear sweet sexy sultry mysterious Nico…… :)

11. Bella says:

Dani has great chemistry with both Matt and Nico. The two of them are perfect archetypes – Matt is the good guy and Nico is the dangerous bad boy. The appeal of the bad boy is the power of being the “only one” who can tame him. But with Nico, you have someone who skates very close to the ethical line if not going way past it without a qualm. Dani, on the other hand, has a strong moral code and always follows it. A fling with Nico would undoubtedly be very hot and very exciting, but it is Matt for the long-term, as he also has a strong moral code he sticks to, and he’s fun and hot, too.

12. Cindy R says:

Count me in on the Danico wagon (love that term!) Nico is mysterious, smart, savvy, protective and just enough of a challenge to make things interesting. He is sincerely smitten with her but he’s never made an obvious move. He just stays in the background watching her back, being there when she needs him the most and never ever asking for anything in return. How sexy is that?
    I want Nico!! I would take him any old day. The minute he revealed he used to be a Navy Seal – it sealed the deal. This man is the ONE. Matt is cute, they are cute together but Nico and Dani are perfect.

13. brandy says:

i want dani & ray

14. Jessica says:

I love Nico. I think that him and Dani would make a much better couple in the long run than Dani and Matt.

15. Emmy says:

I think Dani and the coach would be terrific. interracial hookups are hot and i can tell the writers would like to shake things up in that direction. Maybe a shower or dream sequence.

16. Lisa says:

I am so team DaNico! Nico understands Dr Dani’s subtleties – he appreciates her quirks. can’t wait for that!

17. Kausha says:

I love this drama…!!! love to see Matt and Dani together. but as a fact Matt seems to be not exacly want to try to be with her actually and less care for Dani. But Nico..!! he is so serious so he disrves Dani…..

18. Zahra says:

K, i think nico and dani have better chemistry. Nico’s mysterious nature as he sneaks up on dani is just too good to pass up. There is something definitely brewing between them. As for matt, i dont dislike him as such. I just dont think he is right for dani. Dani needs maturity, someone who can handle her and keep her grounded(not that she is not grounded, but when she loses it sometimes) and that is exactly what nico is…yay! Am getting tingly feelings for danico…

19. lucy cohen says: