Fall TV Preview

Fall TV Scoop! Revenge Adds HIMYM Stray

How I Met Your Mother‘s Robbie Amell — you know, Robin’s uncharacteristically puppy-like loverboy from Season 6 — is set to recur on ABC’s new fall sudser Revenge, TVLine has learned exclusively.

James Tupper Is Ripe for Revenge — as Emily VanCamp’s Father

Amell (pictured, on right) will make his debut in the series’ second episode as Adam, a wealthy lad on track to attend Yale who becomes involved in a messy love triangle with rich girl Charlotte Grayson (Christa B. Allen) and blue-collar boy Declan Porter (played by Gossip Girl‘s Connor Paolo, pictured on left).

Revenge premieres Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 10/9c.

Exclusive: Castle Hit Man Max Martini Exacts Revenge at ABC

Amell’s additional past credits include the recent Scooby-Doo live-action TV-movies (playing head-sleuth Fred) and Nickelodeon’s hit kiddie show True Jackson, VP.

Comments (11)

• I wish you would label the pictures. I don’t know which actor is which.

Comment by Goldie – August 3, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You mean that wasn’t the dude that played whatever one it was that’s the werewolf in those FSM-awful movies with the sparkly vampires that would cry to their mommies if they ever met a real vampire like Drusilla? I thought that was part of the joke. I learned something.

Comment by me – August 3, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Real” vampires? Really?

Comment by Meg – August 3, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • real meaning actualy menacing vampires like from most any other show/movie/comic about vampires.

Comment by me – August 3, 2011 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Megan, can we please avoid using jackass-y Variety-speak like “sudser” on TVLine. This is a site for TV fans, not industry people. I honestly don’t believe even industry people use the language Variety uses, but they at least understand its insipid vocab because they’ve had to read Variety throughout their careers.

If I see a TVLine post with “skein” in it, I’m going to vomit all over your Twitter.

Comment by Mark – August 3, 2011 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know what the word sudser means, but I have no idea what Variety is so… I think maybe you’re a bit off track?

Comment by Chris – August 4, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for this show but hate the timeslot.

Comment by chris – August 3, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok but is it a gay love triangle or are they fighting over the girl. And the reason I ask is Connor Paolo plays a gay character on Gossip Girl.

Comment by David – August 3, 2011 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Connor should be gay on this show too and it should be a gay love triangle.

Comment by fernando – August 3, 2011 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be cute if it was a kind of bisexual triangle

Comment by Andre – August 4, 2011 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post