Glee Exclusive: The Mean Girls Are Coming!

Get More: Exclusive, Glee, News, Scoop, Spoilers

Since by now half of the Cheerios are members of New Directions, Glee is enrolling a new crop of Mean Girls! Who’s who?

* Sugar is… well, she’s basically RHNJ’s Danielle Staub, only in high school. Affluent, self-confident and a godawful singer.

* Sheila, a modern-day Joan Jett, actually has her own pack of Blackhearts and the tats to go with ’em.

But that’s not all. As production on Season 3 gets underway next week, I’m hearing that the show is also on the lookout for a new linebacker, a gigantosaur by the name of Bubba. (What did you expect, a Kevin?) As previously revealed at Comic-Con, Bubba will introduced as Mercedes’ new beau, whom she started dating over the summer.

Also, sixtysomething actresses will be passing through to audition for the role of Nancy Bletheim, a geometry teacher who thinks the arts are for… well, anywhere but in school.

Any ideas about who should play the parts? Hit the comments!

Tags: ,

Comments (808)

• Let me know if you find me, haha.

Comment by Chelsea – August 4, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what # to look for?

Comment by curious – August 4, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t find you

Comment by People writing comments – August 4, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this a gay thing?

Comment by Straight people – August 4, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The one that got the most notes is tagged under brittana.

Comment by Chelsea – August 4, 2011 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • brittanydoublerainbow?

Comment by People writing comments – August 4, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yep, that’s me. And ya’ll are almost to fifty notes. Because you’re awesome!

Comment by Chelsea – August 4, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yea I know, jk, thank you!! WE are awesome!

Comment by People writing comments – August 4, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Garbage. This whole thing is rigged.

Comment by Santana Lopez – August 4, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully one of these girls will distract Santana from Brittany. I won’t have my Heather going to hell for kissing that she-devil Naya Rivera. Oh my heart.

Comment by Mommy Morris – August 4, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Evil? My daughter evil? What about yours? She can only dance and have sex!

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Your Naya is a bad influence on my Heather! You don’t think I’ve seen how that little harlot is all over my baby girl? She’s trying to convert her into one of those ‘lesbians’. Don’t you dare say that my Heather has sex! She is a good girl, and is saving herself for marriage!

Comment by Mommy Morris – August 4, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When have you been? This is the 21st century. And, how you dare? That blonde is a whore! You didn’t see how she looks at my little Nay?

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SHE DOESN’T EVEN GO HERE!

Comment by Ryan Murphy – August 4, 2011 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mom, I think you and I need to have a little chat…

Comment by Heather – August 4, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The way she looks at that child of yours is perfectly innocent, thank you very much. I’ve told her time and time again that she’s trying to manipulate her JUST LIKE HER CHARACTER ON THAT SHOW! But my baby girl only sees the good in people and refuses to believe it (bless her heart!). And this MAY be the 21st century, but God’s word still stands: Homosexuals must be decapitated. Or something like that.

Comment by Mommy Morris – August 4, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah? What about Heather? Is just like Brittany, a “STOOPID”.
      In that Slave number, did you see how the FEMALE dancers touched her?
      Very heterosexual… Heather, you’re doing it wrong.
      Go and have fun with Taylor? What do you think? They are going to have a Tea party? PSHH

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • SATAN WORSHIPPER!

I’m not listening to your lies anymore! *lalalalalalalala*

Comment by Mommy Morris – August 4, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Such a child.

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heather, mommy is busy, go and have fun with Taylor honey.

Comment by Mommy Morris – August 4, 2011 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can Heather go with Artie??

Comment by Bartie Fandom – August 4, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • HELL NO!

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m sorry, you’re Mommy Morris? No? Oh, then GTFO!

Comment by Bartie Fandom – August 4, 2011 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I WILL SET MY LEGION OF BRITTANA FANS AFTER YOU IF YOU DON’T SCURRY OFF BACK TO YOUR HOLES AND SHUT THE HELL UP! You’ve been warned.

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 12:32 PM PDT
          • *sharpens razor blades*

Comment by Brittana Fandom – August 4, 2011 12:33 PM PDT
          • Whatever, who do you think you are? Boyish hips.

Comment by Bartie Fandom – August 4, 2011 12:34 PM PDT
          • I have boobs aplenty to make up for that. More than all you pre-teen girls can say.

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 12:38 PM PDT
          • I can vouch for that.

Comment by Heather – August 4, 2011 12:39 PM PDT
          • We love you HEATHER <3 Thank you for let us know that you ship Bartie!

Comment by Bartie Fandom – August 4, 2011 12:40 PM PDT
          • No problem guys! :) I just said that to appease my mom though – although I do admit they are cute together. But I think that’s over now. Brittany and Santana are endgame. Everybody knows that.

Comment by Heather – August 4, 2011 12:46 PM PDT
          • Uhm… You’re saying this because?

Comment by Bartie Fandom – August 4, 2011 12:48 PM PDT
          • Because it’s the truth. The sooner you get it through your bespectacled heads, the better.

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 12:51 PM PDT
          • Naya! Stop being so harsh! But yeah guys, that’s pretty much it.

Comment by Heather – August 4, 2011 12:52 PM PDT
          • You know what Naya? F*ck you! We’re talking with Heather!!

Comment by Bartie Fandom – August 4, 2011 12:54 PM PDT
          • Whatcha gonna do about it eh? Set Kevin on me? Well NEWS FLASH guys, he’s more into Brittana than he is Bartie – just like the rest of the world! :P

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 12:56 PM PDT
          • Just because he’s in love with Jenna.

Comment by Bartie Fandom – August 4, 2011 01:02 PM PDT
          • Exactly. So you can all potter along now and be on your way. So NICE for you to drop by!

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 01:06 PM PDT
          • no1curr about you honey, just so you know

Comment by Bartie Fandom – August 4, 2011 01:10 PM PDT
          • Oh, is that so? Maybe you should check any Glee fansite, ask any Glee viewer, as well as consult the results of the Tater Top awards and every single poll pertaining to me. Then come back to me and tell me that again, hm?

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 01:14 PM PDT
          • Right

Comment by Bartie Fandom – August 5, 2011 08:28 AM PDT
  • Hey, mommy Morris, Heather is a bit…um…distracted at the moment. She says to say hi.

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Go for it Naya!

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You two have Champagne Problems. Juuuust saying.

Comment by Aristotle John – August 4, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • did someone say modern day Joan Jett?

Comment by Gay-stew – August 4, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no doubt
      pat banatar

Comment by Dave – August 6, 2011 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No, mom, just…no. By the way, you know the way you’re visiting next week? Well, Heather’ll be there too because her apartment is being…uh…exorcised. If you hear any weird moaning sounds coming from my bedroom at night, it’s just us rehearsing for…the next Rachel Berry solo the Glee club has to sit through. So there is NO NEED to come in. None at all.

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s okay Naya, but be careful.

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • MOM, SHUT UP!

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • NAYA MARIE RIVERA! Don’t talk to me like that!

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *hehehehehe*

Comment by Heather – August 4, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, this sounds really bad. RIP orginal cast of Glee, if this is how season 3 is really going to play out. Ryan Murphy please understand that we don’t want new characters for the show. We want the original characters in the spotlight. How are you going to add in new, irrelevant characters when you don’t even use some of the originals that you have? I know you are trying to save Glee from tanking in Season 4 by adding in new actors, but this will just make us hate them even more. Stop trying to save the series with these new characters, and focus more on showing off some of the hidden, over-looked talent a lot of the original cast has. I just hope that season 3 will be better than this garbage that was released as “spoilers”.

Comment by Kimberly – August 4, 2011 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As much as we love the “old” cast, they are getting older and storylines can become repetitive… am a bit fed up with love triangles… Hope to see some unusual friendships: Blaine with Mercedes’ love interest, Tina and Mercedes…, Artie and Mercedes…. Mercedes against Sugar.

Comment by Lily – August 5, 2011 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry mom, but you’ve GOT to stop embarrassing me on these online threads. It’s bringing down my rep. *whispers* Not to mention the heterosexual façade I’ve managed to keep in place these past two years.

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Naya, trust me, that’s not fooling any of us.

Comment by Dianna – August 4, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What’s your name again? I’m your mother I can do whatever I want!

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excuse me, Ms. Rivera? Naya’s too exhausted from our ‘rehearsing’ *meaningful wink* to reply herself, so she asked me to tell you to bugger off and let us get our mack on for the fifth time today. See you next week Ms. R! :)

Comment by Heather – August 4, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Heather, I was talking with Naya, let me just ask this: Are you using protection?

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Naya told me to say this: No comment.

Comment by Heather – August 4, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Do you know about STD’s? You better be prevented.

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Again: No comment. Sorry, Ms. R, Naya’s a bit of a grump today. Annoying Bartie fans won’t leave her alone.

Comment by Heather – August 4, 2011 12:43 PM PDT
          • Heather don’t say that! Tell me!

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 12:48 PM PDT
          • As Burt (Kurt’s father) said once: Don’t throw yourself like you don’t matter, because you matter.

Comment by Lily – August 5, 2011 01:28 AM PDT
    • Who is this imposter? I don’t use the internet. And I am not comfortable with Brittana. Gays make my mother vomit. Bartie is my OTP! We’re both disabled. :)

Comment by Heather Morris – August 4, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The FLUCK?! Heather would never call Brittany “disabled” you poser.

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Okay, who’s Naya?

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sadly she actually did. :/

Comment by Angie – August 4, 2011 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Did arty is smart ?

Comment by Dave – August 6, 2011 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mom, it’s me. Your daughter. Have you been taking your medication?

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, are you using protection?

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MOM! LEAVE US ALONE!

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGAIN! Don’t talk to me like that! I’m just worried about your safety honey

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well don’t be. I’m a big girl, I can take care of myself.

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh jeez, you father will know this, Marie.

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Twenty-four mom. I’m TWENTY-FOUR!

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And what? You’re our daughter

Comment by George Rivera – August 4, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh dear GOD! What do you guys want?! To say that I’m using protection? Fine. I AM USING PROTECTION! Happy now?

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 01:04 PM PDT
          • Thank you, is all I wanted to hear. Have fun guys!

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 01:06 PM PDT
          • Ew mom. That’s gross.

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 01:07 PM PDT
          • Thanks Ms. R! Can’t wait to see you again! :)

Comment by Heather – August 4, 2011 01:08 PM PDT
          • Why? You’re welcome Heather! I hope you come to the house with a ring on your finger

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 01:12 PM PDT
          • Why? Why do you THINK?!

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 01:18 PM PDT
          • Between you and me Ms. R, I don’t think that day is too far off. :)

Comment by Heather – August 4, 2011 01:20 PM PDT
          • I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking you, silly.

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 01:21 PM PDT
          • Because having my own mother being anything but awkward about my sex life is just weird. Egging me on is just downright creepy.

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 01:24 PM PDT
          • Oh, I know everything about you sweetheart.

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 01:28 PM PDT
          • Seriously mom, creepy.

Comment by Naya – August 4, 2011 01:37 PM PDT
          • That’s great Heather! I hope she will buy you diamonds!

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 05:01 PM PDT
  • I’ll take care of her too Ms. R, don’t worry. Although I think I mean that in a different way than you do…

Comment by Heather – August 4, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not sure what you mean, but, I don’t think it’s a good idea.

Comment by Mommy Rivera – August 4, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh no, it definitely is! It makes Naya VERY happy! :)

Comment by Heather – August 4, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t trust you..

Comment by George Rivera – August 4, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why? :(

Comment by Heather – August 4, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL just kidding I like you

Comment by George Rivera – August 4, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gets me every time Georgie! :D

Comment by Heather – August 4, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im the queen bee! I dont want some stripper named hoes joining well il be to busy with beth this season!

Comment by Quinn fabray – August 4, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was funny when it was the characters and Ryan Murphy, etc. But the actor relationship roleplaying is embarrassing. You realize this is read by people connected to Glee right?

Comment by Angie – August 4, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, TV Line please take down this article. At first the character “impersonations” were kinda funny. Now its annoying and taking up dozens of pages. And to the commentor above me, no one associated with Glee actually reads these articles or comments. You do realize this site is one in a million? TV Line put the sane people out of their misery and delete this article, geesh.

Comment by The Only Person On This Article Who Isn't A Stalker or Mentally Degranged – August 4, 2011 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Naah, let them play in the TVline sandbox… before they grown up..

Comment by Lily – August 5, 2011 01:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sorry you, we’re talking about get more solos to Blaine and Kurt (and sex scenes) without cockblock

Comment by KLAINERS – August 4, 2011 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um. *barf*

Comment by Any Straight Person – August 4, 2011 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes please.

Comment by Straight girls and bendy guys – August 10, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO LESS SCREEN TIME FOR MY BABY, LEA?

LAIR 2011

Comment by AIR – August 4, 2011 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Air, I think is only you and me. Dianna left with Nay :(

Comment by Lea Michele – August 5, 2011 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Relax, I (and I assume the other person/people involved, although I can only speak for myself) was merely satirising the idea fans have that Heather and Naya are actually secretly dating in real life, which is completely ridiculous. And also the belief that Morris’ mother is the reason that the Brittana storyline hasn’t exactly been resolved, which is also absurd. No offence was meant.

Comment by Iseult – August 5, 2011 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *Offense
      I understand WHAT you guys are doing, but a couple post would’ve been fine not ten pages of delusioned conversations. Everytime TV Line post an article about Glee someone/a group of people do that. Its hideously annoying and extremely childish. I swear Glee has the most looney-toon fans next to High School Musical ones.

Comment by William – August 5, 2011 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Will, you sound a teeny bit bitter and overworked. Wait, I’ll probably have a pamphlet for you.. Here you go! “help, my Glee Club lost nationals again and now I feel like a total loser and write frustrated rants on the internet”

Comment by Emma – August 5, 2011 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh Snap!

Comment by William – August 5, 2011 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Emma, I kind of love you right now.

Comment by Iseult – August 5, 2011 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well William, nobody is forcing you to read through it all. We’re just having a bit of fun. You do know what fun is right?

And by the way, I’m Irish, that is how we spell “offence” over here.

Comment by Iseult – August 5, 2011 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, no one is asking you to have imagined conversations. Its really creepy and annoying. I know what fun is but considering the fact that most of you are probally 20-something or older its childish and embarrassing. And well your commenting on an American site so I suggest you spell words the way Americans do and save yourself from getting corrected most of the time.

Comment by William – August 5, 2011 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • What can I say, we’re a passionate fandom.
            Wow, looks like somebody is having trouble with their grammar today. I believe it should have been “IT’S really creepy and annoying” and “YOU’RE commenting”. I’m not even going to bother pointing out the other mistakes. But what would I know, I’m not American right?

Comment by Iseult – August 5, 2011 07:52 AM PDT
        • no one’s light the way either

Comment by matt holck – August 6, 2011 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HEY! What does this mean for my storyline? It needs resolution! I don’t want to be transferred offscreen as Matt did and supposedly Sam will. Come on, it’s not like it would hurt the Hobbit if me and Kurt became friends. Or is he that thin-skinned?

Comment by Dave Karofsky – August 5, 2011 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • forget Kurt
      we got our own show

Comment by Santana – August 6, 2011 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s all good, Karofsky. I’ve said on many occasions that I like the actor who portrays you and would like to incorporate you into the plots this season. As for you, Santana, you will unfortunately be graduating this year. Ta-ta!

Comment by Ryan Murphy – August 15, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey guys, I’m sorry if I’m offended someone, but I’m pretty sure that I’m not speaking just for myself. It was a JOKE, we are not the first or the last in do it. Again, I’m sorry, I did not mean to offend anyone.

Comment by One person who wrote comments – August 5, 2011 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems kind of odd that no one here has mentioned that Sheila will obviously be played by the winner of the Glee Project: Lindsay Pearce.

Comment by How About It? – August 5, 2011 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so there will 6 new characters + the glee project winner this season?? (“susan-meets-adele”, rebecca, sugar, sheila, bubba and the new teacher + tgp winner)

Comment by Lkeet04 – August 10, 2011 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep…pretty much. Also, I’ve noticed that every time there’s an article on Glee, people start whineing about it and yelling about how it’s (as discribed by TVTropes) “Ruined Forever”. Just an observation.

Comment by Chris – August 19, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gosh, I hope ‘The Glee Project”s Lindsey is Sheila. That would be amazing.

Comment by Rhiannon – August 15, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gahh! I think this will be A-MAZ-ING (it is after all, Glee :)!), but I have a teeny little suggestion. KILL FINCHEL! Finchel is the WORST COUPLE EVER. It doesn’t work, I reckon Finn should be with someone else, ANYONE else, and ON WITH PUCKLEBERRY! It is THE BEST couple, period. Im not joking, Rachel’s the goody two shoes, and Puck is the badass. And, when watching the show, i’ve noticed that Puck brings out the bad side of Rachel, and if you watch through you find that it’s true.
    They are super cute together, so on with Puckleberry<3

Comment by Molly – August 17, 2011 12:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i know this has nothing to do with mean girls on glee but i still have not seen the one were finn lies to rachle so if someone could tell me that would be cool thanks

Comment by ally – August 25, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that they let the Rachel part get cut down- she is so annoying. Neurotics get boring, and she has nothing to be neurotic about. Please let the Quinn character out of the bag- she is so much more interesting…..the pregnancy, parents splitting up after father is caught fooling around, and from a conservative Christian family, the whole Finn thing, though Puck is more interesting, and they match better, and they did have a baby…she deserves some attention and TLC….get rid of neurotics please…and how about Shuster and Sue? Just some thoughts, the show needs some real depth, and real drama…please!

Comment by Elaine – September 26, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post