Exclusive

Glee Exclusive: The Mean Girls Are Coming!

Since by now half of the Cheerios are members of New Directions, Glee is enrolling a new crop of Mean Girls! Who’s who?

* Sugar is… well, she’s basically RHNJ’s Danielle Staub, only in high school. Affluent, self-confident and a godawful singer.

* Sheila, a modern-day Joan Jett, actually has her own pack of Blackhearts and the tats to go with ’em.

But that’s not all. As production on Season 3 gets underway next week, I’m hearing that the show is also on the lookout for a new linebacker, a gigantosaur by the name of Bubba. (What did you expect, a Kevin?) As previously revealed at Comic-Con, Bubba will introduced as Mercedes’ new beau, whom she started dating over the summer.

Any ideas about who should play the parts? Hit the comments!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Glee, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Gingertana fandom says:

GO for it Marissa!

• Sherlock says:

What ship is “Gingertana?” Is that canon? Like Emma and Santana? LOL. Oh my soul, some people in this fandom.

• Santana Lopez says:

If I were a lesbian – and I’m not saying I am or anything – chicks with thick eyebrows and pudgy faces ain’t doing nothing for me. Nuh-huh. Blonde hair and rock hard abs, on the other hand… yeah anyway, I should’ve called Britts five minutes ago. Laters~

2. Bitch, Please! says:

I want to see our Unholy Trinity (QUINN/SANTANA/BRITTANY) kicking these “mean girls” asses.

3. High School Musical says:

We’re all in this together

4. KOALA says:

AGREED!Sherlock

5. Holly Holliday says:

Hola Clase! Let’s go get some tacos and Forget this fo-forget this

6. I'm a Freakin LLAMA! says:

GingerWhat? Are you kidding me, baby girl?

Quinntana FTW!

7. This is hilarious says:

The people writing the comments are writing dialogue 10x better than RIB.. #justsaying

8. Ryan Murphy says:

We were thinking about it, but now we’re not because I am a doosh.

9. Lauren says:

I hope they’re all very small characters so the focus is on the current cast like we were promised.

10. Noah "Puck" Puckerman says:

*smirk*

11. Dante Di Loreto says:

Hello, I’m still alive :( Don’t forget me guys.

12. MamaLarson3 says:

Its a crazy coincidence that Bubba Smith, the 6’7″ former NFL star-turned actor died today…the same exact day TPTB on Glee release that they are looking for someone to play a character named Bubba who’s a football player. Its just weird.

13. FOX says:

I’m the boss here.

14. Kurt Hummel says:

I’m just fabulous.

15. Mark Salling says:

I’m just hot

16. Brittany S. Pierce says:

I’m just Brittany, bitch

17. Naya Rivera says:

I’m just the sexiest woman you will see in your entire life.

18. marjorie morningstar says:

Quinton Aaron (the Big Guy from the Blind Side) will undoubtedly be Bubba. Who else is there?

Love the idea of Kelly Bishop or Cher for the science teacher. Tina Turner would certainly be fierce, as well. And casting any one of those three means she could also perform if pushed to embrace her inner Gleek in an arc. See also: Bernadette Peters, Michele Lee or Ann Reinking. Hey, nothing wrong with giving ex-Broadway stars a nice guest stint.

Sugar sounds to me like a Marilyn Monroe type child. Like a blonde, curvy dimwit who likes diamonds. Different from Britney because of the size of her chest if not the size of her brain.

And Sheila? Seriously? Who under 40 is named Sheila? Sheila sounds to me like someone who would be on Real Housewives of NY or NJ. Sheila from the Upper West Side who has lots of furs and had a nose job before her bat mitzvah. I’m not channeling any teen named Sheila. Although I think Kelly Bishop’s character was named Sheila in A Chorus Line. Right? Because Sheila was a name for someone over the hill in 1975.

19. Lord Tubbington says:

I’m fat.

20. Tumblr says:

We’re sorry

Our servers are over capacity and certain pages may be temporarily unavailable. We’re working quickly to resolve this issue.

TROLOLOL

21. Warblers says:

Can we have a roll as cheerleader? We want to stay in the show :(

22. juju says:

MARY KAY PLACE! I still love Loretta Haggers.

23. Glee says:

Take me for what I am, who I was meant to be, and if you give a damn, take me baby, or leave me.

24. Ky says:

This comment board=win.

and i dont think I’ve ever been able to say that about any comment section…ever.

*claps* yaaaay. =]

25. tunafish says:

Anyone think the better joke instead of:

“Also, sixtysomething actresses will be passing through to audition for the role of Nancy Bletheim, a geometry teacher who thinks the arts are for… well, anywhere but in school.”

would be:

26. Ryan M. says:

These ideas sound fantastic. So young and fresh. Best season yet! Anyone who complains isn’t a true fan of the show. Ryan Murphy is a creative genius. Check out American Horror Story on FX.

27. Blaine Anderson says:

I just want coffee.

28. Finn Hudson says:

Does anybody know how I can delete my internet history?

• Kurt Hummel says:

Finn, don’t even attempt to delete the evidence. I have screenshots of your internet history burned to disk and ready to be sent to Carol, the exact moment you decline to do as I say.

29. karofsky says:

buncha homos

30. vic says:

another reason to hit the “next” on the remote control…

31. EC says:

what happened to Ryan Murphey’s comment about focusing on characterization this season and not having tons of guest stars parading through?

32. Ryan Murphy says:

There’s nothing sadder than a senior with a bald spot, which is why Darren Criss will be the star of season four.

33. Gwyneth Paltrow says:

Holla at my peeps!

So Ryan, I’m pretty sure everyone thinks I should sing more next season. AMIRITE!?!

• Ryan Murphy says:

You’re the heart of the show. Let me ask the kids what songs they’re liking these days and I’ll let you know how many of their solos you’ll be getting.

34. Lord Tubbington says:

I love all

35. Kacey says:

I know they’re trying to “transition” the cast with the graduates, but I hope they’re joking because this sounds like absolute crap.

36. Klaine Fans says:

MURPHY JUST GIVE US WILD KLAINE SEX AGAINST A WALL, AND SWEET BOY KISSES BETWEEN KURT AND BLAINE OR WE’RE GOING TO START SOMETHING AGAINST YOU, TILL YOU GET FIRED BY BRAD FALCHUK VIA TWITTER

• Ryan Murphy says:

You want more screen time and solos too? Well ok.

• Klaine Fans says:

What matters most is the awkward almost- sex scenes where Burt Finn or Carol accidentally walk in and Blaine falls off the bed.

But yeah if you could fit a solo in there too, that would be great.

• Ryan Murphy says:

No worries Klainers. I’ve got this. We’re actually talking about doing a spin-off with only Klaine set in NYC.

• Ryan's PR manager says:

I give up…

• Klaine Fans says:

Gurl, RMurphs. We know you’re trying your best.
            But as much as we like Klaine, we trust you as a writer about as far as we can throw you.

Tell us about your new writers. Are they likely to give us proper storylines unlike some of the grabage you fed us last season?

• Brittana Fandom says:

He had something to gay people. #justsayin’

37. Hermione Granger says:

… This is not Dumbledore’s office… Harry?

38. Rebecca Parker says:

Should have left my phone at home ’cause THIS IS A DISASTER.

39. Lauren Zizes says:

Best. Comment Thread. Ever.

40. EJ says:

I wish I can audition for the new footballer! lol any info on how?

41. Monica says:

Wht ew girls. I dnt like tht idea especially if they r gonna end up getting solos. I needs me some Tina and mercedes to get more solos. New girls for Puck I hope not cuz I like him with Lauren since he is probably the only character tht has evolved understanding the meaning of glee club. As for Bubba…really does he have to be fat. I think tht they show no love for tht character. I understand if she dates another black person but does he have to be a fat black guy. I hope they chose good ppl to keep the show going. Itll suck for it to end becuz they make bad decisions. Oh and having more ppl means less solos for Puck and I think Mark sings amazing. Please dnt f everything up writers.

42. Kristine says:

Really? Honestly I’m tired of new characters… look at what you did to Chord, he REFUSED to come back for another season. A new character would’ve been fine but 4? I used to love Glee but ugh… The reason why Season 2 sucked was because there were TOO MANY characters they had to give a line to. Some of the episodes even felt like the story was rushed in order to fit it in an hour. I’ll watch season 3 but I wont LOVE it like I used to.

• Marry says:

Eh, Chord was played like a puppet, he was fired after the Glee Tour and then asked back by FOX not GLEE and yet he is still sorta unknown (unless you watch Glee, you’ve never heard of the guy) a job is a job. And yet he is still out of one. Poor descision on his part. Agree with the comment about to many characters and the storylines feeling rushed. Born This Way shouldn’t have been 90 minutes with a 10 minute solo. I think the finale should’ve used that 90 minutes. I stopped watching religiously after the Super Bowl Episode, after the Fuinn revival, I nearly barfed.

43. chase says:

I really hope they stick with their plan of developing the stories of the original cast. The ones they haven’t even delved into at all.

44. mary says:

I want Sam. Those things suck.

45. Cookies says:

I don’t care about Bubba or whatever and about that teacher all I care about is those mean girls. Nobody can play bich like Naya Rivera. And no one can play mean girls like Dianna, Naya, and HeMo. This will totally SUCK, unless those mean girls won’t join Glee club and they’ll be brought down by the original mean girls, THE UNHOLY TRINITY!

46. Gosh says:

I can endure through this s*it as soon as we’ll get Kurtofsky! If we won’t, I just give up on Glee. (u.u)

47. Rupert The Boss Murdoch says:

Calm your tits Ryan.

48. Chelsea says:

These are officially the best comments I have ever read. You go glee rpers. This has me literally laughing out loud. Also, parts of this are now on tumblr.

49. Chelsea says:

Parts of it. I just made screen caps and posted. It was too funny not to share.

50. matt holck says:

did they give kevin his cut?

frankly his system is easier to read and check for updates