Exclusive

Glee Exclusive: The Mean Girls Are Coming!

Since by now half of the Cheerios are members of New Directions, Glee is enrolling a new crop of Mean Girls! Who’s who?

* Sugar is… well, she’s basically RHNJ’s Danielle Staub, only in high school. Affluent, self-confident and a godawful singer.

* Sheila, a modern-day Joan Jett, actually has her own pack of Blackhearts and the tats to go with ’em.

But that’s not all. As production on Season 3 gets underway next week, I’m hearing that the show is also on the lookout for a new linebacker, a gigantosaur by the name of Bubba. (What did you expect, a Kevin?) As previously revealed at Comic-Con, Bubba will introduced as Mercedes’ new beau, whom she started dating over the summer.

Also, sixtysomething actresses will be passing through to audition for the role of Nancy Bletheim, a geometry teacher who thinks the arts are for… well, anywhere but in school.

Any ideas about who should play the parts? Hit the comments!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Glee, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. dee says:

Hate to say it, but this sounds god-awful.

• Jones19 says:

Agreed. Hope season 3 won’t be a disaster.

• Angel says:

So much for new writers bringing in fresh ideas. RIP Glee.

• Rheul says:

AGREED. I dont want to see anymore new characters at all, especially these ones. There was no need for Bubba. Azimo would have been fine with Mercedes.

I dont want the new girl (Sugar or Sheila) to torment Rachel they did that with Quinn, AND I dont want to see eithee of them trying to steal Finn. If there is another Finchel breakup, I’m O-U-T, especially if its over another guy or girl.

I’m guessing Sheila (who is probally black) or Sugar (who is a brunette with a crooked nose) will be a potential love interest for Santana (yawn, I still want Santana to figure out herself before she jumps into a relationship like Kurt)

I DON’T want Bubba to magically be in the Glee Club not EVERYONE on Glee especially minor ones need to be in “Glee”.

Underclassman (probally sophmores who are 15/16) bullying people who are 17/18 year old adults. Riiiiiight. ;)

Quinn having a tormentor might be fun to give her a dose of her own medicine.

I hope hope hope this ridiculous characters have a total screen time of about 5 minutes, I DONT want any time taken away from the graduates storyline. I’ll try not to judge until I’ve seen the episode BUT still. No. Just. No.

• hi says:

Santana’s figured out she loves Brittany. She should be with Brittany, not some other random new girl.

• AJ says:

She should, but I get the feeling that they’ll introduce a new love interest for Santana’s endgame. Naya has dropped a few hints (“I hope Santana gets a girlfriend, even if it isn’t Brittany”) and they want to keep Brittany on the show next season when Santana is most likely graduating. Plus while Naya might be the Captain of the Brittana ship, Heather isn’t really on board. She’s said several times she isn’t really into it and doesn’t like any kissing scenes because it “makes her mom uncomfortable” and she is a big Bartie fan. I’d rather someone totally comfortable with playing a gay character play Santana’s girlfriend.

• Mellie says:

Except for the fact that Azimio despises everything Glee club is about…

• Courtney says:

Also, Azimio is an ***hole who likes to treat people horribly solely for his own amusement. That would be perfect for Mercedes.

What happened to that kid that Kurt found for Mercedes in the first season? He was very fine. They should track him down and see how he does with whatever horrible accent they want him to use.

• Cant wait for SEASON 3! says:

I think the reason why they added new characters is that they need to develop and create new ND members for Season 4. It would be awkward if they just popped out of nowhere when the original members graduate. They will have to build the characters, before giving them a larger role to fill on season 4.

• MamaLarson3 says:

Its a crazy coincidence that Bubba Smith, the 6’7″ former NFL star-turned actor died today…the same exact day TPTB on Glee release that they are looking for someone to play a character named Bubba who’s a football player. Its just weird.

• Emily says:

good by glee :(

• loli says:

agreed.

2. Taylor says:

The characters sound interesting. Can’t wait to see what suggestions people post :)

• Lois (from Smallville) STINKS! says:

At leaset 4 more characters???!?!? What about working with the existing ones? What about Karofsky? What about Coach Beastie? What about he other reoccuring characters already on the show: the one fat girl, the cheer leader with down syndrome, the guy that had the glee club position before Mr Schuester?

It was already bad enough that last year was all about Rachel, Finn, Kurt and Sue, and everyone else was supporting cast…

• arolplease says:

Hi. I sure hope you just forgot to use your orange font :)

3. Mairead says:

LaMarcus Tinker as Bubba? Maybe?

4. joe says:

Shirley Jones as “Nancy Bletheim”!

5. Kat says:

If Betty White doesn’t get that Nancy gig I will eat my Glee Project-addicted hat…

• Me says:

We’re not done with our Betty White fascination yet? Chloris Leachman is thousands of times funnier than Betty White.

• dee says:

And Chloris Leachman has a job on “Raising Hope.”

Next.

• me says:

This I realize, wasn’t suggesting, was more pointing out that she’s funnier and that I’d wish that people would stop suggesting her for things. Besides, she’s got a job too in Hot In Cleveland

• jules says:

And both Betty White and Cloris Leachman are WELL over 60. As is Florence Henderson, so don’t suggest her, either. For this, you need Liza Minnelli or Tina Turner or Cher or Ann-Margret or Dolly Parton or Debbie Harry or someone like that. Kathleen Turner would also be amusing, even though she is under 60. Susan Sarandon, Candice Bergen and Sally Field are the right age but too busy being on 30 Rock or House or Mrs. Lincoln.

Maybe we should look for somebody out of work because of the death of the soaps. Robin Strasser, Erika Slezak, Maeve Kincaid, Anna Stuart, Jill Larson, Kathleen Noone… But, I’m begging you, NO Kim Zimmer.

• V says:

Susan Lucci?

6. glee sucks says:

Season two was a downhill shame spiral of awfulness and these character bios sound just as bad if not worse. Murphy should just abandon ship and work on Horror Story.

7. Sarah O. says:

Well…for the teacher I would cast Melody Thomas Scott…she isn’t sixty just yet but she has a great flair for comedy & I think she would be perfect in the role ! =)

8. Mairead says:

What about Kely Bishop as Nancy?

9. Rachel Berry says:

I do not approve of this at all! We have plenty of rather abrasive young ladies at McKinley. Can there not be a nice, lovely new person this year? That can’t really sing? Or at least can sway in the background, moved to tears by my angelic vocal skills?

10. laulau says:

this sounds really interesting…. i have a feeling that sheila could be a new interest for santana, as i think i read somewhere that they might give santana someone beside brittany…….
    and that new teacher sounds nice

11. Santana Lopez says:

What the hell? I’m the goddamn mean girl! I’m the HBIC.

12. madhatter says:

I think we can safely assume that who ever wins The Glee Project will fill one of the mean girl spots.

13. laulau says:

and i think that it is not a coincidence the picture that shows rachel, santana and mercedes…….. sugar i think will have problems with rachel, santana – sheila and mercedes with bubba

and yes, kelly bishop would be a very good idea

14. Nikko says:

OMG, this sounds totally awful. *Hello season 2*

Why can’t they stick to the characters they have and try to come up with *interesting stories* for them all?

15. KenBud says:

Hey let’s all make pre-judgments about something we haven’t seen or know nothing about! ….. seems to be the trendy thing to do.

• P says:

Amen. Thank you, voice of reason.

• Mellie says:

^This. I’m excited to see some new characters, and hopefully they won’t join the Glee club at all, especially with TGP character, Marilyn and Rebecca. It’ll be nice to just have more people like Becky, Azimio, and Jacob!

16. Sue says:

Candice Bergen for the geometry teacher…

17. lily says:

Awful doesn’t even describe it. This sounds….I don’t have words for it. What happened to Mercedes’ bf being the only new cast members. They already have enough characters and should finally focus more on them. I was hoping Glee would go back to the show it was in season 1 but this sounds like they are going to start of season 3 where they left off with season 2. Why are the writers ruining what was once a great show.

18. Jessica says:

Same! Betty White is hilarious. I can see her as being a sarcastic mean Geometry teacher.

19. Rachel Berry says:

I beg your pardon? This is ridiculous… I am OUTRAGED by these informations. Also, Santana, I agree with you even if I have to say that Quinn looks better than you in that Cheerio uniform.

20. Wouter says:

Why’s everyone getting so angry all of a sudde?. Who says those new characters are going to have big roles? I’m pretty sure they won’t have that big of a role. And you guys should stop whining before you’ve even seen something yet.

21. Nikki says:

And once again glee fans do what they do best complain about the show when they have little information to go with smh I for one am just going to wait and see and I’m dying to see who wins the glee project and how their character fits in the show

22. sisterrigby says:

A music hating math teacher? Really? That’s ridiculous since music & math are closely related. I keep looking for info to bring me back to glee, but this isn’t it.

23. Mairead says:

Odds are most of the character concepts they propose won’t come to screen. If I remember correctly, last year they were casting a girl named Rebecca, who was as confortable singing Carrie Underwood and country as top 40.
    That never happened.
    More than likely, neither will Sheila.
    And, by the looks of it Bubba is Mercedes’ BFF/

24. Sam Evans says:

What the hell, Mercedes?

25. Joe says:

I’d love to see Allison Janney (picturing Prudy Pingleton) as the Geometry teacher!!

26. Brittany S. Pierce says:

I don’t understand, does this mean I’ll get to spend less time with Santana? If so, I’ll ask Ms Sylvester to bring out the mama human-canon to stuff in the new cheerios, and baby canons in case they’re tiny. She owes me one.

• Santana Lopez says:

Britt-Britt, we talked about this. There aren’t any baby cannons. But yes, we can have Coach put the new wannabes in the big cannon.

• Quinn Fabray says:

Can you two please focus. We need come up with a plan to take them down and find a place to dispose of the bodies. We have to maintain our position as Top Mean Girls at this school.

• Santana Lopez says:

You should call ManHands and see if she still remembers the address of that crack house she sent Sunshine to.

27. Tina Cohen-Chang says:

28. Tina Cohen-Chang says:

So, I guess I’ll have zero lines this season. Great.

29. Ryan Murphy says:

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

30. Phil says:

Sally Field as the teacher. Please?
    And if Lindsay wins TGP (though, god help us if she does) – she needs to be one of the “Mean Girls.”

31. Nicole Crowther says:

Beat me to it.

32. Ryan Murphy says:

Trololol.

33. Gabby says:

Like if we need more characters

34. Meg says:

Ugh really? This is a terrible idea. We don’t need new people taking up this casts last season. They have enough as it is.

35. Quinn Fabray says:

I’m the Queen Bitch at McKinley I run the show and I don’t need no other girls coming up in here and running mine.

36. Kaitlyn says:

I wonder how they’re going to make this Sugar girl any more affluent than the characters on the show… Remember that car Kurt had in season 1, when he was apparently a sophomore? And all his designer clothes? And the Fabray’s nice house? And the Berry’s certainly have a pretty decked out basement whose sole use is for Oscar parties…
    Don’t even get me started on how much money Blainers probably has…
    So unless she demands her own flower girl to throw petals made out of $100 bills, I’m interested to see how this will work..
    And I can bet you anything Sheila is a love interest for Santana.
    So are they Santeila? Sheilana? Shanteila?
    And Bubba reminds me of Forrest Gump. I am okay with that, though I want him to woo Mercedes. Cause the gurl needs wooing, not just an insta-boyfriend.

• Kaitlyn says:

And it seems like the new characters are going to be younger, and stay in the glee club after Kurt, Rachel, Finn, etc graduate.
      I really hope they don’t mess these up.
      That Sugar character sounds entertaining but completely and utterly unlikeable. Like Rachel, except not endearing and, well, the glee club has said it perfectly many times: At least she has a voice that knocks it out of the park.

• Dan says:

Lol, yeah. But its hard not to like Rachel. And if these characters are younger then I find it unlikely for them to be bullying seniors.

37. Cole says:

It’s Veronica Mars all over again. From the looks of this and the other nonsense, safe to say Glee is out in three.

38. Santana Lopez says:

I’m about to go all Lima Heights

39. Ryan Murphy says:

Don’t blame on me guys, I’m doing the best for the show. I will never listen to you LOL.

40. Josh says:

Bubba!! I mean who else but Quinton Aaron from The Blind Side!!

41. SpyKi says:

They need to stop adding so many new characters, especially when they have so many they hardly use already. and more characters means less Rachel Berry time and that is not something I’m happy about at all.

42. Judy Fabray says:

I’m sure my little Quinnie will be glad to welcome those new girls. That way, she’ll get to practice sweet lady kisses even more.

• Rachel Barbra Berry says:

I beg your pardon, Mrs. Fabray, but more Cheerios in this school will have zero effect on how much time Quinn practices ‘sweet lady kisses.’ If she requires more rehearsal time, she can take it back up with me.

43. Brad Falchuk says:

Who are you to spoil something talented people have spent months to create?

44. HD says:

Why so much characters when the cast is already gigantic? All I want to see is more Kurt during season 3. All these other characters aren’t interesting at all!

45. Darren Criss says:

Wait, hold up! Does that mean I get less screentime? Ryan we talked about this!

• Ryan Murphy says:

That was until you decided you wanted to do Broadway. You’re never going to convince the public you’re straight if you do that you know. Just admit you’re my little boy toy and this will all go away

• matt holck says:

you look beautiful in silhouette

46. Blaine Warbler says:

Courage.

47. Ian Brennan says:

Actually you can do anything. I’m the writer here

48. GOOD GOD !!! Please Stop complaining its ruining the status of us fellow gleeks

• jade says:

yes, because you’re helping the fandom status with your poor grammar and unnecessary fanaticism so much.

• Mizz says:

and the pointless list

and I think so and so is snobbing be more respectful if can’t kiss or act unfair bad day they’re ruin everthing but can’t break a paragraph

49. Brad Falchuk says:

Enjoy, guys. We spent months coming up with this. It took me three weeks alone to have the epiphany that the big black guy should be named Bubba.

50. Ryan Murphy says:

The funny thing is, my job could be done by a toddler.