Exclusive

Parenthood Exclusive: Haddie's New BFF Has a Castle Connection

Parenthood is rounding out Haddie’s (Sarah Ramos) social circle this season.

Up-and-comer Brittany Belt (Castle, The Ex List) has been cast in the recurring role of Emma, one of Haddie’s best friends since 7th grade. Emma feels Haddie’s relationship with Alex (Michael B. Jordan) is preventing her from letting loose and having a memorable senior year.

Belt memorably guest-starred in last season’s late-night-spoofing episode of Castle as the intern shagging Tommy Bergeron’s ill-fated talk show host. She also recurred on The Ex List as the teenage version of Elizabeth Reaser’s Bella.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. sk says:

Cool! Parenthood is an awesome show! Can’t wait for the new season to start!!

2. cheese says:

hmm…a best friend who we have never seen before, okay. And I really hope that Haddie won’t fall for her “excuses” about having a memorable senior year. If she does it will be a typical teenage peer pressure situation as seen in many other shows, no matter how brilliant the writing is for this awesome show.

• lipsticksocialism says:

the writing can still save this storyline by having that she does fall for it but learns from her mistakes instead of repeating them over and over again. I can’t say this is my favorite storyline, but teens go through this and Haddie IS a teen. Perhaps she won’t fall it, and that would be great, esp. to see the contrast between Amber and Haddie in that sense (although Amber doesn’t do drugs regardless of peer pressure).

I have a lot of faith in the writers, so I’m just going to wait and see how it plays out. I think the only thing I really didn’t like was that Christina got pregnant. Jazmin also played my last nerve, but I think that was in character.

• Evan says:

“Memorable senior year” includes random hook ups with guys, DUI’s, arrested for something else, breaking curfew………

You know, all those things seniors have to do before graduating high school!

3. l says:

I LOVE parenthood but I am not a big haddie fan…I hope they’ll change that!

4. Jill says:

I hope this is the friend that helps Haddie out of her awkward hair situation. I forever owe a debt a gratitude to the friend who helped me out of mine.

And we did see Haddie’s friends before. Remember in Season 1 when they meangirled Amber? Also, doesn’t she name check Emma when she lies to her parents about sneaking around with Alex?