Parks and Rec's Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally 'Over the Moon' About Tammy 1 Casting

If you were among the many that cheered Parks and Recreation‘s casting of Patricia Clarkson as Tammy 1, know that both Nick Offerman (who plays Ron Swanson) and wife Megan Mullally (aka Tammy 2) were just as, if not more, thrilled. In fact, once the official word was handed down by the NBC comedy, the marrieds met up with Clarkson to celebrate their upcoming on-screen “three-way,” over drinks.

Emmy Nominees Flummoxed by Snub of Parks and Recreation‘s Nick Offerman

“I’m lucky enough to be pals with [Patricia], and I was involved in trying to woo her to the show,” Offerman tells TVLine. “So Megan and I were just over the moon.”

Offerman goes on to say that Clarkson is “exactly what we wanted” in bringing Ron’s heretofore alluded-to but never-seen first wife to life. For one, he notes, “She’s exactly the same size as Megan.” Plus, “She has such a commanding sexuality combined with a sort of wild side” — not much unlike her successor, we’d say!

Surveying Ron’s choice in brides, Offerman says, “They’re like an evil Snow White and Rose Red duo.”

Eye on Emmy: Parks and Rec‘s Amy Poehler On Her Awards Hopes and the Power Of Cleavage

Clarkson was in Los Angeles at the time Parks and Rec made its choice, “So the three of us had a drink to celebrate the news,” Offerman shares. “She was wearing a white dress and Megan was wearing dark colors, and I’m looking at the two of them just thinking, ‘What the hell did I do to get so lucky? I’m a lucky bastard.'”

Nick is, yes. But what about Ron? Based on his and Tammy 2’s horrified reaction to the news that Tammy 1 had set foot in his Pawnee workplace, we fear his luck may not be nearly as fortunate.

Clarkson is expected to appear in two episodes, beginning with Parks and Rec’s Sept. 22 season premiere.

1. topsyturvy says:

GREAT choice!

2. AndyLuvr says:

Love it!

3. sandy says:

love it.i hope she get he hair colored, b/c he is suppose to like dark haired chick, to keep up the continuity of the show.

• Mike says:

Not sure that’s entirely necessary for continuity. It could be the reason he divorced her in the first place lol

• laineski says:

A great choice! But i think she should keep the blonde. Maybe Tammy 1 is the reason Ron says he likes dark haired women.

4. Summer says:

I love her, so I’m all sorts of excited about this. She’s a fantastic, fantastic actress.

5. Amy says:

I CANNOT wait! Bring on the craziness!

6. Denise Dalmas says:

Love it! So happy its coming back Sept. 22nd and NOT midseason! YAY!

7. menyc says:

This is the best news I’ve heard in a long time. Not to brag, but I was fortunate to work with PC for a day and she is the greatest: hilarious, down to earth, intelligent and sexy – such a great storyteller. Tammy1 is gonna be amazing.

8. Itstwelveone says:

I’ve never heard of her… Plus, I find it hard to believe that Nick Offerman would ever actually say, “…Megan and I were over the moon.”

• rjmae says:

Why do you think Nick would never say “he and Megan are over the moon”? Is it because you don’t see him saying the phrase “over the moon”, he isn’t Ron Swanson he is Nick Offerman, Nick says things like this. Or is it that you don’t think he would say Megan was excited about the casting? Megan and Patricia Clarkson have been friends for a long time so I think Megan was probably thrilled that Patricia was cast. Just wondering what your reason was for your comment.

9. Alisa says:

Parks and Rec is steadily becoming one of the most flawless shows on TV. Perfect casting is perfect. I literally cannot wait for this new season.

10. Nancy says:

I ADORE MEGAN MULLALLY!!!!

11. Amber says:

Yay! I love Patricia Clarkson. For those who haven’t seen the movie Pieces of April, in which she plays a standoffish mother who’s dying of cancer, I highly recommend it. It’s one of my favorite dysfunctional family flicks.