It’s a beautiful day, indeed. PBS is reviving the Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood franchise nearly a decade after the original kiddie series ended. The new animated spinoff, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, will feature characters from the original live-action series, though each is now grown with preschool-aged children of his or her own. The offshoot is set to bow in fall 2012.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• It’s official: Glee‘s Darren Criss will succeed Harry Potter‘s Daniel Radcliffe in the Broadway revival of How to Succeed With Business Without Really Trying. The self-proclaimed Hogwarts fanatic will appear in a limited, three-week engagement of the production following Radcliffe’s curtain call on Jan. 1, 2012. As previously reported, this will require Criss to miss at least one-and-a-half episodes of Glee‘s coming season.
• Serena Van Der Woodsen’s wayward dad has turned up… in Oahu. According to TVGuide.com, William Baldwin has landed a multi-episode arc on CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 (returning Monday, Sept. 19) as a corrupt former homicide detective who sets his sights on Grace Park’s sassy Kono.
• Drew Powell will return this season to TNT’s Leverage as Jack Hurley, the rehabbed philanthropist who just can’t stay out of trouble. He first played the character during Season 1.
• The Voice judge and Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine is set to executive-produce a new karaoke bar-based comedy pilot for NBC.
• As previously announced, Star Trek‘s Kate Mulgrew will guest-star on the upcoming season of Syfy’s Warehouse 13, and TV Guide Magazine has your first look at the former Captain Kathryn Janeway in action. Take a peek here.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?