NBC Developing Sitcom Starring Will & Grace's Sean Hayes, Sets Premieres for VoiceSmash

Jack’s back! New NBC president Robert Greenblatt announced at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour in Beverly Hills early Monday that the network is developing a new half-hour comedy starring Will & Grace Emmy winner Sean Hayes.

Other headlines coming out of the Peacock’s executive session…

* NBC is developing a new hour-long drama from Law & Order boss Dick Wolf about firefighters.

* Greenblatt will in fact use the Super Bowl to tee up the Season 2 launch of The Voice, on Sunday, Feb. 5, 2012. The Voice‘s two-hour time slot premiere will air the following night, from 8 to 10.

* The net’s very buzzy and much anticipated Smash, starring Debra Messing and Katharine McPhee, will premiere Monday, Feb. 6, at 10 pm (aka still too far away).

* Days of Our Lives is safe. For now. “We’re really happy with its performance,” said Greenblatt. “I think it’ll be on for a while.”

1. heather_kaye says:

I’ll be happy as long as he’s scripted to shout “Hey, LADY!” at least once.

• Alienate says:

Looks like you and I are the only ones who remember he did a fantastic job as Jerry Lewis. :)

HEY LAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Dee

• heather_kaye says:

One of my all-time favorite moments in all of television was watching him and JEJones, screaming “Hey, lady” at each other. The very thought of it brings laughter-tears to my eyes.

2. Elizabeth says:

As long as Community and Parks & Rec aren’t bumped for this, I will check it out.

3. Michael says:

Wow. JUST JACK!

4. Timm says:

Is it 2006 again already?

I’m willing to bet this will last less than a season. I’m a big fan of Sean Hayes, I really am…. but unless he’s playing Jack, I doubt the general public won’t care.

5. JHarnes says:

Why not have him play Jack? Some great shows took fun characters from series that had ended and then placed them in new environments like Lou Grant (Mary Tyler Moore Show) and Frasier (Cheers). With the right writers it could be lots of fun!

6. Ana says:

Happy about Days!! Hope it continues for a long time.

7. Deena says:

Rescue Me is going off the air and NBC/Dick Wolf is developing a show about firefighters? Hmmm… Good luck with that.

8. Andre says:

I still think they should make a spin off of Will and Grace – Karen and Jack.
    YAY FOR SMASH!!!!

9. Templar says:

Great news! Sean Hayes is as talented and appealing as the late Donald O’Connor. I’m in.

10. John Berggren says:

Although I don’t watch soaps, I fully expect either DAYS OF OUR LIVES or GENERAL HOSPITAL to be the last soap standing. I would hope for soap fans that this would lead to a rise in viewership to reward the network that lasted the longest.

11. Brian says:

I’m confused about The Voice’s schedule on FOX. How is it going to air Monday at 8 or 9pm when there are shows in those slots? The fall shows at have Terra Nova at 8pm and House and 9pm. Then midseason it’s House at 8pm and Alcatraz at 9pm from what I recall.

12. ryaneco says:

Will and Grace had its time in the sun and too much time has passed for a spin off now IMO I don’t think it would work; glad to see Sean Hayes back on TV though; and Smash sounds promising; are there any clips available?

13. C. says:

OMG that’s soo awesome!!
    I love Sean…

and also: they should finally do a Will & Grace reunion, I know the show hasn’t been off the air for THAT long but still, I’d love to see a reunion!! <3