Lucy Liu Joins Southland's Ranks for Season 4

Onetime Charlie’s Angel Lucy Liu is poised to kick some more butt (or at least mete out some justice), on TNT’s Southland.

Liu is joining the critically acclaimed cop drama as a special guest star, appearing throughout Season 4 as a member of the LAPD.

Having more or less broke onto the TV scene via her role as Ally McBeal‘s Ling Woo, Liu’s most recent major small-screen gig was Dirty Sexy Money. Her non-Angels movie resume, meanwhile, includes Kill Bill: Volume 1 and Chicago.

Southland Season 4 will premiere sometime this winter.

1. NickC says:

Aaaaaaahhhh Man!…i love that show and she is a very bad actress…I guess i will just have to wait and see what they do with her…and i should just be happy that there is going to be more SouthLAnd.

2. Karen says:

Ugh. Why???!!!

She better have improved her one-note, expression-less acting style, or I may be done with my beloved SOUTHLAND.

3. Handbag_Envy says:

This is GREAT news. Southland is returning and adding Lucy Liu.

4. J says:

The most I can see her doing is being a stone faced internal affairs or paper pusher. The only thing she is portray is someone stone cold

5. Tim says:

this might mean bad news for the actress who played lydia’s partner—i liked josie

6. Emma O says:

What she really needs is to do a comedy where she’s actually happy and not an evil bitch. That would be perfect for her. She’s too sweet.

7. Bella says:

I think this is great news. She was great on Ally McBeal and I liked her in the Shanghai movie with Owen Wilson and Jackie Chan, too.

8. I.C. says:

She’s not a bad actress at all. I like her very much. Great news :)

9. chase says:

That’s great news! Can’t wait to see what Lucy brings to Southland. About time she was back on tv. :)

10. Pam says:

Hmmm… not sure what to think of this. I think her acting varies between great and terrible, nothing much in between. However, I was not a fan of some of the actors involved in Southland (specifically Regina King and Shawn Hatosy) but this show converted me. So if any show can bring the best out of an actor, it is this show. Ergo, I will keep an open mind.

11. Adrian says:

Bet you shes plays a romantic interest for Ben or Sammy if not both.

12. J. says:

Lucy Liu is very hit and miss with me. Some of her roles have been highly entertaining while others have been completely flat. It’ll be interesting to see which acting style she taps into for Southland.

13. Lennie says:

The Liu issue aside, I think the best news is Southland is coming back. This show sets a standard of excellence that will inspire any actor to step up. I have no doubts Liu will do what’s needed to earm her place. Hurray for Southland!!!

14. Paul says:

I love this show! Regina King is AMAZING. Lucy L., why her? She doesn’t add to the already great cast!

15. pokwang chiu says:

She’s not a good actress, not photogenic ….she could used some deep tanning to make her face and physique camera friendly.