Blood! Sex! Lucretia! Watch the Full-Length Spartacus: Vengeance Trailer Now!

The full-length Spartacus: Vengeance trailer — first sneaked at Comic-Con last weekend — is finally available for mass consumption.

Warning: The following clip is recommended for mature audiences and/or anyone dying to see what Lucy Lawless’ Lucretia looks like without her marbles.

Loading video...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Fudgefase says:

Still don’t think Lucretia could have survived that wound but she look FABULOUS in this. Love her to bits.
    Think I spotted Gannicus doing a bit of swordplay there too – goody. Very yummy.

• sarah says:

It was a small stab wound. People survived worse a few thousand years ago.

• Fudgefase says:

I didn’t see it as a small stab wound. It was a large heavy thrust by a sword by a gladiator determined to kill her and the baby. I think they just realised she was far too good a character to lose!

• Marid says:

^ Pretty much my thoughts. There was no way that was a small survivable stab wound. You have to be working some pretty serious witchcraft hoodoo to be healed from a wound like that.

Still, if Lucy is back, I’m definitely gonna be watching.

• Mojito says:

I assume Crixus aimed only for the uterus and didn’t injure any other vital parts so that Lucretia could have survived if the bloodloss wasn’t fatal.
            And after that who cares lets just be Happy that she is still in the Show :-D :-D

2. Polly says:

3. RGK says:

Little hard for me to type with my mouth on the keyboard… :)

4. maggie says:

Still think they shouldn’t have recasted spartacus because they could have kept going with other characters. I will def still watch though. I love that gannicus is back and please for the love of god utilize him! He was my favorite part of the mid season!

5. Dan says:

Was Gannicus fighting Oenomaus in the arena?

6. Poppy says:

Looks like Lucretia went a little crazy which equals great TV. However, I think I will have to keep re-watching the trailer to get Andy Whitfield out of my mind as Spartacus. I miss him and wish him good health. Glad to see Dustin Clare as Gannicus! Hope he has a very big (naked) part this season. ;)

7. Michael says:

It may take me a little while to get used to the new Spartacus. I love the show and am thrilled that they’ll be able to continue it, but Andy was a gem, an absolutely terrific actor who, in my opinion, transcended the sometimes trite dialogue he was given. I’m going to miss him dearly. Having Gannicus back won’t hurt.

8. Daniel says:

I’ve never seen this before, but I can see the bloodbath every single second… Is it good though?

• Fido says:

it might not be everyones ‘cup of tea’ but if bloody violence and unabashed nudity is for you then you’ve got 2 seasons worth to enjoy before this new one starts. (btw I love it!!)

9. Fido says:

I want this to work and I applaud the decision to reshoot scenes from the previous series, putting the new guy in place of the old guy (helps remind you of what went on before and gets you used to the new guy) … but, in a similar way that in the UK Robin Hood series Robin doesn’t look all that different to the rest of the cast, here, amongst the other gladiators and slave and the like, this new guy doesn’t spring out as a “wow, look at him” person. Am sure this will be a temporary thing once the season is in progress and I’m all psyched up for its return. Too long has my tv been absent of blood splatter and dismemberments :)

10. Mark C. Dias says:

Looks great but there’s no way in hell Lucretia could have survived that stabbing. She was stabbed in the stomach by a gladiator that was determined to kill her. Maybe if she was lucky and his blade somehow missed all of her vital organs and there just happened to be a doctor there in the room to treat here as soon as the blade was removed she would have had a 10% chance of survival. Even with today’s modern medicine if you get shot in the stomach there is a good chance you will die if not treated right away, and a single bullet wound causes a lot less damage then a stab wound.

11. MSW says:

OMG OMG OMG …. can’t wait. I have missed this series and Gannicus :)