Entourage Crew Weighs In on Series-Ending Sadness and Their Possible Big-Screen Romp

Vinny Chase & Co. are officially back in action on HBO’s Entourage (Sundays at 10:30/9:30c), so what can fans look forward to throughout the remainder of its final season? When creators Doug Ellin and Mark Wahlberg, as well as the cast of TV’s most notorious boys club, dropped by the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour in Beverly Hills, no topic was off limits — including that buzzed-about big-screen take on the showbizzy series.

HBO Sets Premieres for Boardwalk Empire, Dustin Hoffman’s Luck and Others, Reopens Ladies’ Detective Agency

Guys Just Wanna Have Fun | When all is said and done, the consensus is that Entourage will be remembered for exactly what it was — a fun ride. “I really wanted [the finale] to have a feeling more than anything else,” Ellin explained. “To leave … the audience feeling like they loved hanging with these guys.” The series-ender is “not open-ended,” adding that there are “no major deaths” during the final season. Instead, expect “a vibe of where we were back in year one.”

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do | …especially when it’s with an eight-year-old series. “We’re all choked up,” Adrian Grenier expressed. “It’s not only sad to say goodbye to each other, but to what we created.” Added Kevin Connolly, “It’s been hard…. And as we sit here right now, this is literally the last time we’ll all be together for this show.” Jerry Ferrara called the ending “very, very bittersweet for me.”

A Golden Opportunity | Jeremy Piven — who brought Ari Gold, the series’ most iconic character, to life, amassing three Emmys along the way — said, “This season feels like our best. It’s so gratifying to finish this way. Ari has always been such a reactive character, and to humanize him in this last year was a gift that Doug gave to me.”

Ready for Takeoff | Kevin Dillon accidentally divulged that the series’ very final scene was shot at the Van Nuys airport — so make what you will of that tiny scooplet.

Men on Film | So, about that movie…. Wahlberg revealed that he is definitely on board with an eventual Entourage flick. “I’ve said that if I have to finance it myself, I’ll do it,” he joked. “I certainly hope that this has a chance to become a feature film.” Providing a more definitive answer — and likening the possible end product to a Hangover-style lark —  Ellin said, “We’re gonna do a movie. It’s just a question of when and how quick… and then we’ll make it happen.”

1. Dryden says:

Who in the world would want to see an Entourage movie? I’m not being snarky for the sake of it. I’m genuinely baffled at the notion of anyone being excited for it.

• t.t says:

I would love to see a movie

• Adam Newland says:

I don’t see the movie appeal either. It seems they have taken steps to reduce the fun of the show season by season. Viewers don’t want to explore these characters, that’s not why we started watching. We want these guys to have fun. Let Drama fly off the handle. Let Ari be himself. I am hopeful for the final season but we aren’t off to a good start.

• Craig Bellamey says:

you are absolutely crass everyone one likes entourage wants to see the movie please dont post on here if you have nothing valuable to say

• Amos Evans says:

I have no idea what about his comment was crass. Off-topic, maybe, but he presented his opinion in a polite and reasonable way. I don’t know what your definition of crass is, but perhaps you should check a dictionary before using words like that.

• notsofamous says:

Yeah I don’t think crass is the right word either, but Amos the first poster was not polite or reasonable. His question “who in the world” is just ridiculous. He can’t imagine anyone wanting to see more Entourage? Really? How about people that like the show? Mind blowing eh?
          That’s just a disingenuous way of I don’t know complaining about a show he doesn’t like or stopped liking or something(trolling).
          And polite my foot – he can say he’s not being snarky all he wants but then he goes on to say he’s “baffled” that anyone would want to see more Entourage. Yeah, it’s just soooo unimaginable. Sure.

• matt p says:

To answer that question I’d say myself and the show’s millions of other fans would want to see the movie. Duh!!

• Fidelis says:

Anyone and everyone who loves Entourage, including myself, will be excited for a movie. The same reason why all the Sex and the City fans were so excited for the movie. The plain and simple fact that we just want more. We love the characters and how they interact, and we like to see them together, whether it be in a movie or on television.

2. Sam says:

I’ve seen seasons 1-6 on DVD, and I don’t get the “downward spiral” people seem to perpetuate. Taking each season as a sort of movie experience, I think it’s one of the most consistent cable comedies out there.
    Also, Kevin Connelly is so clearly the lead here. Why doesn’t he get recognized more for his great work on the show?

• Arthur says:

Watch season 7 and you will know what downward spiral theyre talking about.

• jeremyt says:

Anyone that is an entourage fan would love to see a movie. The more entourage the better! As far as kevin connolly the lead… Not even close. Don’t get me wrong… He’s awesome. But jeremy piven is bar far the lead in this series

• bran says:

Well Kevin really is the main character. It even states on the opening credits his name is first.. The story is centered around him. Ari is supporting. BUT ARI does steal the show..

3. Kasper says:

I’d love to see a movie and I’m sad that the show is ending. It could last forever!

4. Chris says:

Its just one of those real shows that makes you feel like you are part of the entourage. No bs tear jerking just what its like to be a star and have your boys around. Movie-yes

5. Keith A says:

I would love to see an Entourage movie. I love the show and I am saddened that it has to end.

6. GAVIN says:

wow love to see a movie best show on tele lesve my brain at the door and just enjoy

7. Mike says:

I feel that the shows ending strong but with the season so action packed the definitely could of done 1 or 2 more seasons following. Their going to leave us wanting so much more and that’s why the movie will be epic and I can’t see it happening for another 2 years after the show ends. Greatest show ever!

8. Mathew Heon says:

There better be a movie! After the awards this show has reeled in, it deserves it!

9. Stormy says:

Anything that brings Adrian back to the big screen is fine by me.

10. Marc says:

The show is awesome, I could easily see a spin-off of Ari with a whole new film star that was introduced in the last few seasons. Ari was clearly my favorite character. Well him and Turtle. I would go to see the movie, no doubt, but I would not be sad if there wasn’t one. I’m thrilled to read that the ending will not be open ended, which is in contrast to how the Soprano’s ended. All shows should end the way MASH did, with style and dignity for the characters.

11. Dean says:

No downward spiral? Anyone remember the startling episode when (gasp !) Vince cut his own hair? Edgy! Time for it to go quietly away

12. Karrie says:

Cent percent excited n awaitin for the movie..I’v watched all d seasons untill ep.1 of season 8..n I’ve never seen a series so natural yet special n also the Entourage really feels like it’s their life goin on and not a series..
    I’d love to see more seasons too..as it’s too early an end..
    It can progress further w/o doubt…n so many would like to see..I can assure..
    Love all the Actors n the whole Series!!

13. loops says:

Why doesn’t johnny drama get enough credit?? He made the first episode of season 8 happen….take away everything he does and his last minute party planning and you have about 80% lame episode…he deserves so much more credit!

14. kek says:

Best show ever. I’m very sad that its ending and I’m looking forward to the movie!!

15. Ryan says:

I adore watching entourage. I’d love a film, but only really because it would feel like I’m watching three episodes together… I think the new season is great so far… I like to see vince at the top not the bottom. Ari’s rants are Amazing!!!!

16. sourov bhowmick says:

all u guys, i read each and every1’s comment plz dont it but i am in favour of the movie completely.. Guys entourage is superb show.. U all get an oppurtunity to see each and every show when it airs for the 1st time… We in India have to wait for good 5-6 mnths after the show ends in USA… So think what is the level of anicipation and crazz is in India we have all have to download to watch the show every time…. So whether the movie is made or not entourage would surely have huge fan following all over the world. But entourage: the movie is long over due

17. jamo5866 says:

I literally just started watching this show about 3 weeks ago starting with season 1 episode 1 and and am caught up to season 8. I am HOOKED! This show is perfectly cast and I for one cannot wait to see the movie. I was hoping there would be one!!

18. Brian M says:

Bring on the Movie guys, the show’s been fantastic and can’t believe its coming to an end.I enjoyed all the seasons and can’t wait to see the final one, so it would be be great to cut all ties with a Movie…make it happen!!!

19. Mike says:

Check the opening credits, Kevin Connelly is first. He is the lead character, the supporting actors are just very close to it. Ari is great, but in no means is he the lead in the show

20. Davero says:

A movie would be great, Sex and the City writers did a great job of turning a series into a series of feature films… I think the writers can do it….. Story is too good and fun for it to be over…