CSI: Miami Brings Back Alana De La Garza...?!

All together now: What the H.?

Alana De La Garza — whose CSI: Miami character, Marisol, was famously murdered in the Season 4 finale —  is on her way back to the sun-baked CBS procedural, TVLine has confirmed.

Specifically, De La Garza will reprise her role of Delko’s sister/Horatio’s wife in the Season 10 opener, which is set to air Sunday, Sept.25.

How can this be? When you think about it, there are only a handful of ways to accommodate such an unlikely return — and sources tell me the show is going with one of the tried-and-true options. I choose to let you find out firsthand, but for those who need a crumb more, co-executive producer Barry O’Brien told TVGuide.com (which broke the casting news) that in the wake of being shot himself and upon Marisol’s reappearance, Horatio “is able for the first time to deal with and perhaps process that intimate and devastating loss in his life.”

CSI: NY Exclusive: Smallville‘s Cassidy Freeman Cops Role in Premiere

De La Garza is on a bit of a “comeback” tour as of late, having recently reprised her Law & Orderverse role of Connie Rubirosa on the NBC franchise’s ill-fated L.A.-based offshoot. If she hurries, she can get in a last crack at All My Children‘s Rosa “sister of Eva La Rue’s Maria” Santos before that ABC sudser goes dark.

1. Samantha says:

Interesting news. Many thanks. Personally, I would rather it be in flashback form and not some kind of ghostly stay or go kind of thing. They already did the ghost thing with Speedle.

2. Chatty says:

Good for her, but I’d still rather see her role on the original Law & Order, which should be brought back. I miss that show!

3. Brian says:

Who still watches CSI: Miami?

4. lolo says:

no weird grey’s anatomy style tumor ghost please..

5. sick & tired says:

Ugh! Horatio Horatio Horatio its always about Horatio!! Since when did crime drama start adding ghost? Calleigh seeing a ghost was just plain stupid & now Horatio? Are these writers really that incompetent? Sack them all I say.
    At least with Speedle being a ghost it was a believable story Eric was hallucinating because of his injury & meds.
    Writers…. please stop with the hero BS & take an injury seriously (like Delko), if not why bother with hurting them in the first place?
    CSI Miami season 10 is looking like its going to tank like the rest of the 2 seasons past.
    Altogether now …. wave buh-bye!

6. JohnDoe says:

CSI Miami is horrifyingly bad.

7. Tom says:

Will be interesting to see how they incorporate. I love CSI Miami and Alana!

8. Frank says:

I really love Alana. She should be doing films like Zeta-Jones or Angelina Jolie.

9. emma says:

Horatio knew Marisol for what, all of 15 minutes before marrying her? And we’re supposed to believe it was a devastating loss for him? I never bought it. It seemed like little more than a ‘green card’ marriage (I know, it wasn’t).

• Danielle says:

HaHaHaha….I agree. I don’t think he knew Marisol very long. The relationship between them lasted less than a season. It was a joke if you ask me. Don’t get me wrong, I love CSI Miami….

10. Kristen says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE CSI MIAMI I WILL CONTINUE WATCHING TILL THE END OF TIME. The writers on that show suck though. They need to hire some new ones

11. Johnnie says:

Hey guys, this is TV, not real life. If you want a reality show, watch one. CSI Miami is “for entertainment purposes only”. If it’s not entertaining for you, don’t watch it.

12. Roxy says:

I agree ! Although CSI Miami is probably more real than those so called “reality” shows……they are pathetic !
    Go Horatio !