MTV Renews America's Best Dance Crew

America’s Best Dance Crew has been renewed for a seventh season, MTV announced Friday at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour.

The music cabler’s EVP of Scripted Development, David Janollari, boasted to a room full of journos that while it’s much too early to reveal any Season 7 secrets, the reality competition series will certainly aim to top last year’s game-changing outing.

ABDC — executive-produced by American Idol dawg Randy Jackson — recently wrapped production on a successful sixth season, which featured pole-dancers, new judge —  and former contestant — Dominic “D-Trix” Sandoval, and the series’ first-ever superstar-themed weeks. Justin Bieber, The Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, and Kanye West were among the special guest mentors to appear.

Thoughts on another installment of Dance Crew fun? What sort of team would you like to see compete?

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Reality TV, Renewals, TCA Press Tour

1. Maddie says:

Alright so this is my idea for ABDC season seven. I say that each runner up crew comes back again for another chance at the title. Whos with me ?!

2. Mcklain says:

I agree Sasha. Can’t wait.

3. tekoo says:

Damn!!!! Please have a slow jam challenge. That would be AWESOME! AND BRING BACK THE INFAMOUS,TALENTED,HILARIOUS,CRAZY: SHANE SPARKS!!!!!

4. maggie says:

Abdc rules. I from Romania! Gooooo abdc! Bring back pop lock crew kaba modern. They really get their groove on.lol. also bring crew from other seasons like assid,fanny pack,rhythm city, striker stars,beat freaks, fysh n chicks,and all good other crew!

5. MIKE says:

HI WHEN IS SEASON 7 STARTING

6. kadeem says:

does anyone know when abdc auditions start?

7. Maike says:

I believe they are holding longer auditions to find better crews for ABDC 7. But when the time comes, it will most likely be pronounced on ABDC’s official website. And i agree with those who only like JC. ha. (:

8. derron says:

Ok its great that there will be a season 7 of ABDC. What they should do now is bring back all runner ups of all seasons for them to battle it out. My bets would be that the top two crews would be beat freaks and So Real Cru.

9. AJ Lecour says:

I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE REMOTE KONTROL BE ON ABDC

10. i don’t know what i saying but if i wanna to say something for ur
    a great appointment for people and for our dance skill is very good action and continue by the way i need Ur help to get a chance …and if
    i get this great chance i am going to happy any way if u wanna me and if u want to know what like is my force coll me or sent a what Ur saying and i am reedy for this golden chance b/c i need it?

11. Danny says:

I think they should do what what The Sing-Off did and have 16 crews compete, ya know sorta the same format as The Sing-Off Season 3

12. joe says:

When the new season comes out?

13. Anonymous says:

Was anyone here a fan of ICONIC Boys?

14. nazih says:

I love this show too and also I’m crazy group of iconic boyz and get their message to you I’m crazy and that I am following in Algeria, and I love the iconic boyz and I am a fan

15. Chris Denham says:

When is the show starts please

16. Jay says:

D-TRIX!!! :) <3

17. YG says:

ABDC has the best crews in the US competing for a title and a recognition around the world!

18. alley says:

omg I love you vinny and Nick aka nickalious. u guys r the best dance crew ever I will always vote for ICONIC BOYS anyways wat is your favorite first date and wat do u see in girls

19. zack273 says:

omg chachi from i am me is so hot. does anyone now when auditions for season 8 are my crew phenominon street what to try out we been dancing since we wher 8 we are now 13 -15

20. zack273 says:

i rilly like the jadawakis and funk phenominon and street boys but the best wher i am me

21. Benjamin says:

Incredible, this is truly a good article. How come you so
    low ranked in google. I stumbled on you at page 4, you
    ought to easily be page 1 due to this content — it’s actually good! What is it with the big G as of late anyways… their results are god awful! Anyone else think so?