MTV Renews America's Best Dance Crew

America’s Best Dance Crew has been renewed for a seventh season, MTV announced Friday at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour.

The music cabler’s EVP of Scripted Development, David Janollari, boasted to a room full of journos that while it’s much too early to reveal any Season 7 secrets, the reality competition series will certainly aim to top last year’s game-changing outing.

ABDC — executive-produced by American Idol dawg Randy Jackson — recently wrapped production on a successful sixth season, which featured pole-dancers, new judge –  and former contestant — Dominic “D-Trix” Sandoval, and the series’ first-ever superstar-themed weeks. Justin Bieber, The Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, and Kanye West were among the special guest mentors to appear.

Thoughts on another installment of Dance Crew fun? What sort of team would you like to see compete?

Comments (89)

• Alright so this is my idea for ABDC season seven. I say that each runner up crew comes back again for another chance at the title. Whos with me ?!

Comment by Maddie – November 8, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Beat Freaks would kick Ass. Trust me.

Comment by Mcklain – November 22, 2011 11:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree Sasha. Can’t wait.

Comment by Mcklain – November 18, 2011 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn!!!! Please have a slow jam challenge. That would be AWESOME! AND BRING BACK THE INFAMOUS,TALENTED,HILARIOUS,CRAZY: SHANE SPARKS!!!!!

Comment by tekoo – November 23, 2011 12:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abdc rules. I from Romania! Gooooo abdc! Bring back pop lock crew kaba modern. They really get their groove on.lol. also bring crew from other seasons like assid,fanny pack,rhythm city, striker stars,beat freaks, fysh n chicks,and all good other crew!

Comment by maggie – November 23, 2011 12:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HI WHEN IS SEASON 7 STARTING

Comment by MIKE – November 24, 2011 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • does anyone know when abdc auditions start?

Comment by kadeem – November 26, 2011 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe they are holding longer auditions to find better crews for ABDC 7. But when the time comes, it will most likely be pronounced on ABDC’s official website. And i agree with those who only like JC. ha. (:

Comment by Maike – November 29, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok its great that there will be a season 7 of ABDC. What they should do now is bring back all runner ups of all seasons for them to battle it out. My bets would be that the top two crews would be beat freaks and So Real Cru.

Comment by derron – December 13, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE REMOTE KONTROL BE ON ABDC

Comment by AJ Lecour – December 13, 2011 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t know what i saying but if i wanna to say something for ur
    a great appointment for people and for our dance skill is very good action and continue by the way i need Ur help to get a chance …and if
    i get this great chance i am going to happy any way if u wanna me and if u want to know what like is my force coll me or sent a what Ur saying and i am reedy for this golden chance b/c i need it?

Comment by Amanuel Genet – December 16, 2011 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they should do what what The Sing-Off did and have 16 crews compete, ya know sorta the same format as The Sing-Off Season 3

Comment by Danny – December 21, 2011 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with Danny because since abdc is so good it should have more weeks and crews doesn’t anybody else agree?

Comment by dave – December 24, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When the new season comes out?

Comment by joe – December 22, 2011 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was anyone here a fan of ICONIC Boys?

Comment by Anonymous – December 23, 2011 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ya I love the iconic boys and I love vinny and nick

Comment by alley – May 5, 2012 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show too and also I’m crazy group of iconic boyz and get their message to you I’m crazy and that I am following in Algeria, and I love the iconic boyz and I am a fan

Comment by nazih – December 25, 2011 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is the show starts please

Comment by Chris Denham – April 5, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • D-TRIX!!! :) <3

Comment by Jay – April 7, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABDC has the best crews in the US competing for a title and a recognition around the world!

Comment by YG – April 16, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg I love you vinny and Nick aka nickalious. u guys r the best dance crew ever I will always vote for ICONIC BOYS anyways wat is your favorite first date and wat do u see in girls

Comment by alley – May 5, 2012 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg chachi from i am me is so hot. does anyone now when auditions for season 8 are my crew phenominon street what to try out we been dancing since we wher 8 we are now 13 -15

Comment by zack273 – May 27, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i rilly like the jadawakis and funk phenominon and street boys but the best wher i am me

Comment by zack273 – May 27, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Incredible, this is truly a good article. How come you so
    low ranked in google. I stumbled on you at page 4, you
    ought to easily be page 1 due to this content — it’s actually good! What is it with the big G as of late anyways… their results are god awful! Anyone else think so?

Comment by Benjamin – March 30, 2013 03:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post