MTV Renews America's Best Dance Crew

America’s Best Dance Crew has been renewed for a seventh season, MTV announced Friday at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour.

The music cabler’s EVP of Scripted Development, David Janollari, boasted to a room full of journos that while it’s much too early to reveal any Season 7 secrets, the reality competition series will certainly aim to top last year’s game-changing outing.

ABDC — executive-produced by American Idol dawg Randy Jackson — recently wrapped production on a successful sixth season, which featured pole-dancers, new judge —  and former contestant — Dominic “D-Trix” Sandoval, and the series’ first-ever superstar-themed weeks. Justin Bieber, The Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, and Kanye West were among the special guest mentors to appear.

Thoughts on another installment of Dance Crew fun? What sort of team would you like to see compete?

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Reality TV, Renewals, TCA Press Tour

1. Alexis says:

So happy that this show has been renewed. It is one of the few reality competitions that is honestly entertaining and keeps it fresh in every episode. Happy to see that D-Trix will be back as a judge. He was very entertaining and brought an exciting element to the judges’ panel.

2. Eli says:

With one exception no “superstar” actually appeared on the show. It was a stupid change and it didn’t really make much impact.

• sofia says:

ummm… actually, they got all the superstars to assign the challenges and even got Nicki Minaj to go and meet the dancers,

3. Meri says:

Yeah! I love this dance show…doesn’t seem to have the same shinanigans going on as we are starting to see at SYTYCD…let the audience decide, and may the chips fall where they lay!

Love D-Trix, but Lil’ Mama?? Besides this show and one “hit” song, what else has she done?

Regardless…good news, good news!

4. Dwayne says:

Glad it was renewed but last season was horrible with that superstar crap! They need to go back to basics with the weekly challenges and have only one or two artist themed nights max.

5. Mars says:

D-trix is a judge now?!? LMAO! Haven’t watched ABDC since the 4th season but this I’ve got to see! Bring on other Quest Crew peeps!!!

6. Melissa says:

I was so excited when they made D-Trix a judge i just love him. my son is kinda named after him (Dominic not D-Trix)
    i am super exacited it’s coming back, it’s my husband favorite show
    i wish it was avaiable on DVD

• Franck says:

They maybe dont have DvD but you can easily creat a playlist on Youtube and take every video from week 1 to 10, and then play all video from beggining to end. Of course it take a little time to find the video and etc, but after you don’t have to pay and can watch it anytime you want. (Also, seem that ABDC dont claim their right on video, so they are never deleted by youtube, good thing!)

D-trix as judge, good thing. Omarion was a real douche. Lil mama… I Agree, she can’t judge, she can’t even dance and comment propely!

But i hope this season, they will not bring some stupid crew like pole dancing, Yes its new, but its not fun to watch and we all know they have no chance to win!

Sorry for my poor english :/

7. Allister says:

Bring back Kaba Modern <3

8. Justin says:

I want to see the Philippine All Star go to abdc

9. blake says:

so happy they’re bringing back another season but this time they should actually make sure all the groups are from AMERICA….because if a team from another country wins im going to be so mad!!!

10. Aurora says:

FUNKDATION CREW FROM MEXICO! QUIERO VER LATINOS-MEXICANOS IN THIS PROGRAM!!!

11. Bree Englehart says:

Hello my name is brianne, but i love being called bree. I have a group of 5 people that have been dancing there whole life. We are like the iconic boyz we are the ages 14-11. Our parents think we need to dance on americas best dance crew because we get up in the summer at 6am and dance till 3 pm. My mother took us to the store and we started dancing and everybody crouded us. Our group name is the Pirates. We have 4 girls and one boy. it would be an honor to be able to dance on americas best dance crew
    from bree, lauren , sam, faith , and vin

• lexii says:

im melony i like to b called lexii. i love the iconic boyz nd im going to tryout for abdc with my crew the graffiti girls i think we r really good we would dance in front of school nd people would always b around us. we love to dance dancing is our life so wish us luck

12. Morgann says:

Omqq can wait for season 7 i am auditioning for season 8 cant wait to walk the stage it is my honor to walk on that stage of so many talented people d-trix my man ! :P

13. Darryl says:

I would love to see a different jamskating team :)

14. Z says:

I just hope that its an all star season! I can’t wait. :)

15. Kim says:

I’m so excited that ABDC is back for another season!! I’m a huge fan and haven’t missed a show or season yet!!!
    The only thing I don’t agree with is people that have been on the show being a judge, they should have guest judges or at least a professional in the industry that is a known name as a judge.
    And I LOVE the fact that contestants are from all over the world! The other countries aren’t satisfying the needs that ABDC does, so a chance to be on the show means a lot to everyone all over the world and any American should be proud of that

16. ketlyn mutumir says:

Cant wait to see LIL MAMA and ooooooooooooooh MARIO LOPEZ, JC CHASEZ AND LAYLA. OMG DJ RASHIDAH.you all make me scream yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

17. Christine says:

ABDC is definitely one of my all-time favorite shows. my only problem with the last season was that D-Trix babied the krumpers WAY too much, even when their routines were awful and disorganized. Lil Mama also babied the Iconic Boys too much. Their routines were simple and not good enough, but “OMZ THEY’RE SO YOUNG AND CUUUTE~” took over and they made it to 2nd place, which they most certainly did NOT deserve. JC is the best judge, in my opinion. He gives credit where it is due, and NOT where it isn’t. That said, I am still really looking forward to season 7 and may the best crew win!

18. iconiclover says:

how and wat website do u find out when and where the audtions are

19. Tom says:

I love this show but its a a shame its not aired in new zealand

20. Michael Datuin says:

I hope by season 10 all past dance crew winners compete against each other to really see whos America’s Best Dance Crew

21. stephanie says:

Hello people
    i luv to dance and i luv watvhin this show my favorites were ICONic BOYZ and 787 crew dont be hatin on them peace

22. Alyshia says:

When are auditions and where are they I really want to know can someone please tell me :D

23. Alhaji Majah says:

i want 2 c west african all star in ABDC.

24. Julian DeGuzman says:

YAY!!!!!! im so happy they is going to Do Season Seven but one weustion whens the auditions!?!?!? i want to try out but make my own crew because i was @ ICON Dance Complex and they didnt let me be in the ICONic Boyz Crew so i want my own this time

25. adriaan duimpies says:

love 2 do something similar in south africa to keep da dream alive and giving our young people something to look forword to in life and to help our community in need. any ideas or comment on how to make this happen plz. singnin out jd 504nolimitz dance crew member. jevasque.nolimitz@gmail.com

26. Ezra kangallah. says:

ooh gosh all seasons were amazing to me!..then really cant imagine season seven.sometimes i’m worried to miss it because the TV show don’t reach Africa…then we got it late n’ recorded!,then it sucks!.
    But all in all i “LOOOOOOOVE IT” :)

27. jose santo says:

i would like to know when is season 7?

28. Chrstian says:

I would like to see some more eastern crews other than from NY like CT crews such as Shinobi Dance Crew. Tear crews are great in skill level and not really out there. Plus they have alot to offer.

29. MORGAN says:

SOOO excited to watch another season….. mostly just JC, one of the most talented people EVER. He should be the one dancing (and singing) not judging

30. Bennie McCoy says:

I want to see teams who are unique like the jabbawockeez,quest crew and kaba modern as well as hard hitters like super crew,street kingdom and jungle boogie. I also think that The Art of Teknique would be a great group on season 7

31. art ferrer says:

ive gotta see remote Kontrol on this season they have to put them on air theyre an amazing dance crew crazy dubstep dance skills they have heres a link of them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfl_qKrgC0E

• edwin rodriguez says:

REMOTEKONTROL IS CRAZYYYY!!! I agree that they should be on ABDC THEY HAVE AMAZING TALENT AND ARE CRAZY IN DUBSTEP!!!

32. Shana Lynn says:

I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEW SEASON. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE IF THERE ARE GONNA BE ANY NEW DANCES LIKE MAYBE SOME DANCERS IN WHEELCHAIRS. I HEAR ITS A NEW HOT THING NOW. COULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE IT ON THE SHOW.

33. Taylor says:

I want to see the IConic boys again because everyone lives them and I think they will just inspire mor skids like they did to me

34. Mihaka says:

season 7 should be AN ALL STAR SEASON bringing back the 2 favourites from each season :) such as ReQuest , Vogue evolution , beat freaks :) just to name a few

35. Mihaka says:

on extention to my other post or maybe even get Hip hop international crews to battle it out , from all 3 devisions :) actually randy show just have hhi broadcasted on tv -_-

36. Bri says:

When does season 7 start???

37. nyce to hear.greatest show in da world resumes says:

Greatest show in da world resumes.Nyce 2 hear

38. Aubreygado smith says:

Dame! I havent seen season 6 of ABDC. But i hard this season they having pole dancing how sexy is that?

39. asdfasf says:

Great news. Just as long as they don’t bring back crap like the Iconic Boyz again, who were nowhere near as good as the place they finished. Thank god for I Am Me, a crew with real talent, or else the show would have been a laughing stock.

They just need 2 real judges to go with JC (the other 2 they have now are JOKES) and they need to open up voting to Canada, Mexico, and South America since guess what, MTV, THOSE ARE AMERICA, TOO.

How about a season of crews who were eliminated before their time or just ones to give a second shot….Kaba Modern, Fanny Pak, Blueprint Cru, Phunk Phenomenon, 787, etc.? Some of those crews were straight-up ROBBED by stupid voters (or in the case of 787, injuries) and I’d love to see them get a second chance.

A season of past winners would just be sad, to see exactly how bad We Are Heroes would really hold up against the rest of the winning crews.

40. Jai'Airee Mariee says:

Aaaaahhhhaaa ! love D-trix ! Awesomeness ! Jai’ Smileyy was here !

41. Abraham Reid says:

I think that ABDC should host two seasons in a year, now that would be much more fun!!!

42. Bob says:

BRING BACK BEATFREAKZ!!!! this season should be like: the season of the runner-ups or something!!!!! BEATFREAKZ FOREVER!!! (after quest crew and jabbawockeez, of course)

43. leelee says:

DOes anyone know when auditions are?

44. Latifah says:

I think there should be a season of the champs.(Quest crew,Jabbawockeez,We are heroes,Poreotics,I.Am.Me, and Super crew)

45. amber says:

So excited for this show to come out!!!!! I love it!!!!!! Best dance competition ever, better than so you think you can dance!

46. Aubreygado smith says:

When will season 7 of ABDC be issued on MTV?

47. mike says:

Absolutely. Kaba modern was awesome!

48. Syns* says:

when is the audition for season 7

49. dgrab says:

I just hope we don’t see more kid crews.

Request should have gotten more of a chance to prove themselves.

I just want to see amazing dancing to great music. Possibly a battle of champions excluding the charity part as already seen.

50. SASHA says:

LOVE THE FACT THAT THERE’L WILL B A 7TH SEASON,MY BRO AND I R ADDICTED! LOVE D-TRIX N WISH THERE WOULD B A SEASON DEDICATED 2 PREVIOUS CHAMPS!U NO WE CANT GET ENOUGH!