MTV Renews America's Best Dance Crew

America’s Best Dance Crew has been renewed for a seventh season, MTV announced Friday at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour.

The music cabler’s EVP of Scripted Development, David Janollari, boasted to a room full of journos that while it’s much too early to reveal any Season 7 secrets, the reality competition series will certainly aim to top last year’s game-changing outing.

ABDC — executive-produced by American Idol dawg Randy Jackson — recently wrapped production on a successful sixth season, which featured pole-dancers, new judge –  and former contestant — Dominic “D-Trix” Sandoval, and the series’ first-ever superstar-themed weeks. Justin Bieber, The Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, and Kanye West were among the special guest mentors to appear.

Thoughts on another installment of Dance Crew fun? What sort of team would you like to see compete?

Comments (89)

• So happy that this show has been renewed. It is one of the few reality competitions that is honestly entertaining and keeps it fresh in every episode. Happy to see that D-Trix will be back as a judge. He was very entertaining and brought an exciting element to the judges’ panel.

Comment by Alexis – July 30, 2011 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so do you know when it starts?

Comment by alexis n. – October 16, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • cool yeah. ICONIC BOYZ!!!!! and hi whoever u are alexis

Comment by lillian – October 27, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love americas best dance crew. D-trix is the funny one, Lil’mama knows what she see’s and jc chasez is hard on the crew and somtimes he’s cool. jabbawockeez please get back on the show, your the best,the only best dance crew.

Comment by james smith – April 14, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that there should be a season 8 maybe for the return of the super stars so they can compete for the ultimate trophy or maybe on season 9 if they have an 8

Comment by jody – October 25, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With one exception no “superstar” actually appeared on the show. It was a stupid change and it didn’t really make much impact.

Comment by Eli – July 30, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ummm… actually, they got all the superstars to assign the challenges and even got Nicki Minaj to go and meet the dancers,

Comment by sofia – October 5, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah! I love this dance show…doesn’t seem to have the same shinanigans going on as we are starting to see at SYTYCD…let the audience decide, and may the chips fall where they lay!

Love D-Trix, but Lil’ Mama?? Besides this show and one “hit” song, what else has she done?

Regardless…good news, good news!

Comment by Meri – July 30, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad it was renewed but last season was horrible with that superstar crap! They need to go back to basics with the weekly challenges and have only one or two artist themed nights max.

Comment by Dwayne – July 30, 2011 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • actually i feel it was better that way bro

Comment by jazzie – November 7, 2011 04:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • D-trix is a judge now?!? LMAO! Haven’t watched ABDC since the 4th season but this I’ve got to see! Bring on other Quest Crew peeps!!!

Comment by Mars – August 1, 2011 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was so excited when they made D-Trix a judge i just love him. my son is kinda named after him (Dominic not D-Trix)
    i am super exacited it’s coming back, it’s my husband favorite show
    i wish it was avaiable on DVD

Comment by Melissa – August 1, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They maybe dont have DvD but you can easily creat a playlist on Youtube and take every video from week 1 to 10, and then play all video from beggining to end. Of course it take a little time to find the video and etc, but after you don’t have to pay and can watch it anytime you want. (Also, seem that ABDC dont claim their right on video, so they are never deleted by youtube, good thing!)

D-trix as judge, good thing. Omarion was a real douche. Lil mama… I Agree, she can’t judge, she can’t even dance and comment propely!

But i hope this season, they will not bring some stupid crew like pole dancing, Yes its new, but its not fun to watch and we all know they have no chance to win!

Sorry for my poor english :/

Comment by Franck – August 2, 2011 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Kaba Modern <3

Comment by Allister – August 3, 2011 02:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeaaaay! They shud so bring kaba modern back and BeatFreaks!!

Comment by Dsayi – August 25, 2011 05:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see the Philippine All Star go to abdc

Comment by Justin – August 3, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • to shake things up

Comment by Justin – August 3, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah ! if only philippine all star can join ABDC, they would definitely win bcoz of their amazing talent but their not from america, so its really imposible ! HAHA lols xb

Comment by josue virtudazo – November 3, 2012 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so happy they’re bringing back another season but this time they should actually make sure all the groups are from AMERICA….because if a team from another country wins im going to be so mad!!!

Comment by blake – August 4, 2011 12:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FUNKDATION CREW FROM MEXICO! QUIERO VER LATINOS-MEXICANOS IN THIS PROGRAM!!!

Comment by Aurora – August 16, 2011 12:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello my name is brianne, but i love being called bree. I have a group of 5 people that have been dancing there whole life. We are like the iconic boyz we are the ages 14-11. Our parents think we need to dance on americas best dance crew because we get up in the summer at 6am and dance till 3 pm. My mother took us to the store and we started dancing and everybody crouded us. Our group name is the Pirates. We have 4 girls and one boy. it would be an honor to be able to dance on americas best dance crew
    from bree, lauren , sam, faith , and vin

Comment by Bree Englehart – August 16, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • im melony i like to b called lexii. i love the iconic boyz nd im going to tryout for abdc with my crew the graffiti girls i think we r really good we would dance in front of school nd people would always b around us. we love to dance dancing is our life so wish us luck

Comment by lexii – September 19, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omqq can wait for season 7 i am auditioning for season 8 cant wait to walk the stage it is my honor to walk on that stage of so many talented people d-trix my man ! :P

Comment by Morgann – August 18, 2011 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SEE YOU THERE

Comment by ketlyn mutumir – September 2, 2011 01:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see a different jamskating team :)

Comment by Darryl – August 25, 2011 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope that its an all star season! I can’t wait. :)

Comment by Z – August 26, 2011 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited that ABDC is back for another season!! I’m a huge fan and haven’t missed a show or season yet!!!
    The only thing I don’t agree with is people that have been on the show being a judge, they should have guest judges or at least a professional in the industry that is a known name as a judge.
    And I LOVE the fact that contestants are from all over the world! The other countries aren’t satisfying the needs that ABDC does, so a chance to be on the show means a lot to everyone all over the world and any American should be proud of that

Comment by Kim – August 27, 2011 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait to see LIL MAMA and ooooooooooooooh MARIO LOPEZ, JC CHASEZ AND LAYLA. OMG DJ RASHIDAH.you all make me scream yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Comment by ketlyn mutumir – September 2, 2011 01:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABDC is definitely one of my all-time favorite shows. my only problem with the last season was that D-Trix babied the krumpers WAY too much, even when their routines were awful and disorganized. Lil Mama also babied the Iconic Boys too much. Their routines were simple and not good enough, but “OMZ THEY’RE SO YOUNG AND CUUUTE~” took over and they made it to 2nd place, which they most certainly did NOT deserve. JC is the best judge, in my opinion. He gives credit where it is due, and NOT where it isn’t. That said, I am still really looking forward to season 7 and may the best crew win!

Comment by Christine – September 2, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh my goshh!!! I have the same exact opinion. JC tells it as it is, no matter if they’re or from a movie.

Comment by sofia – October 5, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how and wat website do u find out when and where the audtions are

Comment by iconiclover – September 3, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show but its a a shame its not aired in new zealand

Comment by Tom – September 5, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope by season 10 all past dance crew winners compete against each other to really see whos America’s Best Dance Crew

Comment by Michael Datuin – September 7, 2011 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • there i guess; The champion of season 5 (POREOTIX)will be the winners

Comment by Ezra kangallah. – September 21, 2011 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello people
    i luv to dance and i luv watvhin this show my favorites were ICONic BOYZ and 787 crew dont be hatin on them peace

Comment by stephanie – September 7, 2011 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When are auditions and where are they I really want to know can someone please tell me :D

Comment by Alyshia – September 13, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i want 2 c west african all star in ABDC.

Comment by Alhaji Majah – September 13, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!!!! im so happy they is going to Do Season Seven but one weustion whens the auditions!?!?!? i want to try out but make my own crew because i was @ ICON Dance Complex and they didnt let me be in the ICONic Boyz Crew so i want my own this time

Comment by Julian DeGuzman – September 17, 2011 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love 2 do something similar in south africa to keep da dream alive and giving our young people something to look forword to in life and to help our community in need. any ideas or comment on how to make this happen plz. singnin out jd 504nolimitz dance crew member. jevasque.nolimitz@gmail.com

Comment by adriaan duimpies – September 21, 2011 03:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ooh gosh all seasons were amazing to me!..then really cant imagine season seven.sometimes i’m worried to miss it because the TV show don’t reach Africa…then we got it late n’ recorded!,then it sucks!.
    But all in all i “LOOOOOOOVE IT” :)

Comment by Ezra kangallah. – September 21, 2011 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i would like to know when is season 7?

Comment by jose santo – September 25, 2011 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see some more eastern crews other than from NY like CT crews such as Shinobi Dance Crew. Tear crews are great in skill level and not really out there. Plus they have alot to offer.

Comment by Chrstian – September 26, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOOO excited to watch another season….. mostly just JC, one of the most talented people EVER. He should be the one dancing (and singing) not judging

Comment by MORGAN – September 30, 2011 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see teams who are unique like the jabbawockeez,quest crew and kaba modern as well as hard hitters like super crew,street kingdom and jungle boogie. I also think that The Art of Teknique would be a great group on season 7

Comment by Bennie McCoy – October 1, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ive gotta see remote Kontrol on this season they have to put them on air theyre an amazing dance crew crazy dubstep dance skills they have heres a link of them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfl_qKrgC0E

Comment by art ferrer – October 1, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • REMOTEKONTROL IS CRAZYYYY!!! I agree that they should be on ABDC THEY HAVE AMAZING TALENT AND ARE CRAZY IN DUBSTEP!!!

Comment by edwin rodriguez – October 20, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEW SEASON. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE IF THERE ARE GONNA BE ANY NEW DANCES LIKE MAYBE SOME DANCERS IN WHEELCHAIRS. I HEAR ITS A NEW HOT THING NOW. COULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE IT ON THE SHOW.

Comment by Shana Lynn – October 2, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see the IConic boys again because everyone lives them and I think they will just inspire mor skids like they did to me

Comment by Taylor – October 3, 2011 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • season 7 should be AN ALL STAR SEASON bringing back the 2 favourites from each season :) such as ReQuest , Vogue evolution , beat freaks :) just to name a few

Comment by Mihaka – October 4, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • on extention to my other post or maybe even get Hip hop international crews to battle it out , from all 3 devisions :) actually randy show just have hhi broadcasted on tv -_-

Comment by Mihaka – October 4, 2011 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When does season 7 start???

Comment by Bri – October 10, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Greatest show in da world resumes.Nyce 2 hear

Comment by nyce to hear.greatest show in da world resumes – October 15, 2011 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dame! I havent seen season 6 of ABDC. But i hard this season they having pole dancing how sexy is that?

Comment by Aubreygado smith – October 17, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. Just as long as they don’t bring back crap like the Iconic Boyz again, who were nowhere near as good as the place they finished. Thank god for I Am Me, a crew with real talent, or else the show would have been a laughing stock.

They just need 2 real judges to go with JC (the other 2 they have now are JOKES) and they need to open up voting to Canada, Mexico, and South America since guess what, MTV, THOSE ARE AMERICA, TOO.

How about a season of crews who were eliminated before their time or just ones to give a second shot….Kaba Modern, Fanny Pak, Blueprint Cru, Phunk Phenomenon, 787, etc.? Some of those crews were straight-up ROBBED by stupid voters (or in the case of 787, injuries) and I’d love to see them get a second chance.

A season of past winners would just be sad, to see exactly how bad We Are Heroes would really hold up against the rest of the winning crews.

Comment by asdfasf – October 18, 2011 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aaaaahhhhaaa ! love D-trix ! Awesomeness ! Jai’ Smileyy was here !

Comment by Jai'Airee Mariee – October 19, 2011 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that ABDC should host two seasons in a year, now that would be much more fun!!!

Comment by Abraham Reid – October 20, 2011 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING BACK BEATFREAKZ!!!! this season should be like: the season of the runner-ups or something!!!!! BEATFREAKZ FOREVER!!! (after quest crew and jabbawockeez, of course)

Comment by Bob – October 22, 2011 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DOes anyone know when auditions are?

Comment by leelee – October 22, 2011 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think there should be a season of the champs.(Quest crew,Jabbawockeez,We are heroes,Poreotics,I.Am.Me, and Super crew)

Comment by Latifah – October 22, 2011 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for this show to come out!!!!! I love it!!!!!! Best dance competition ever, better than so you think you can dance!

Comment by amber – October 25, 2011 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When will season 7 of ABDC be issued on MTV?

Comment by Aubreygado smith – October 25, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely. Kaba modern was awesome!

Comment by mike – October 27, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when is the audition for season 7

Comment by Syns* – October 30, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope we don’t see more kid crews.

Request should have gotten more of a chance to prove themselves.

I just want to see amazing dancing to great music. Possibly a battle of champions excluding the charity part as already seen.

Comment by dgrab – October 31, 2011 02:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE THE FACT THAT THERE’L WILL B A 7TH SEASON,MY BRO AND I R ADDICTED! LOVE D-TRIX N WISH THERE WOULD B A SEASON DEDICATED 2 PREVIOUS CHAMPS!U NO WE CANT GET ENOUGH!

Comment by SASHA – November 2, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post