TVLine Items: Grey's Baby Talk, Vampire Diaries Vet Visits ABC Fairy Tale, OLTL News and More

Since Grey’s Anatomy starlet Sarah Drew is pregnant in real life, can we look forward to seeing Seattle Grace’s Dr. April Kepner — a virgin! — baby bumpin’ in Season 8? Well, at this early stage, Shonda Rhimes & Co. tell E! Online that they have “not determined” if they’ll write Drew’s good news into the coming cycle (premiering Thursday, Sept. 22). But here’s the fun part: If they do, who do you hope to see as the babydaddy?

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• David Anders has found a new supernatural show to call home: ABC’s Once Upon a Time. AOL TV reports that the former Vampire Diaries antihero will play a doctor on the new series, which bows Sunday, Oct. 23. Additionally, Paula Marshall (Californication) has been cast as Malificent, Sleeping Beauty’s evil nemesis.

• Paul Johansson is heading back to the One Tree Hill Director’s Club. Already set to bring evil Dan Scott back full-time for the CW sudser’s ninth and final run (premiering at midseason), Johansson will also step behind the camera once more for an episode, per TVGuide.com.

• With One Life to Live‘s Robin Strasser (aka Dorian Lord) vacating the sudser before it’s final ABC broadcast in January 2012, Soap Opera Digest reports that Guiding Light alum Wendy Moniz is set to fill the void, playing a new Llanview mayor.

• Speaking of ABC Daytime: There’s a new behind-the-scenes promo for All My Children‘s replacement, The Chew, floating around its official Facebook page. Enjoy…?

• Cable’s AMC has set a Sunday, Nov. 6 premiere for Hell On Wheels, its new post-Civil War drama starring Anson Mount, Common, Colm Meaney, and others. Get a sneak peek here:

• BET has officially put The Mo’Nique Show on hiatus, beginning this fall. New episodes of the Oscar winner’s late-night series “will continue to air throughout the summer,” says the cabler, which looks forward to continuing its relationship with the actress.

• A Tales From the Crypt reboot is in the works — though the hourlong series will no longer have an anthology format (which is probably a good thing) and has nothing to do with the previous HBO version. “It will be an ongoing series that uses characters from the comic books in a more modern context,” producer Andrew Cosby (Eureka) tells Deadline.

• BBC America is teaming with Oz creator Tom Fontana on the cabler’s first original drama series, Cooper, which tells the story of “a young Irish cop operating in the immigrant communities of 19th-century New York.”

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Matt says:

Little bit annoyed that BBC America’s investing in original material when there are such big cuts in the BBC’s budget in the UK.

• Carolyn says:

I can’t help but comment here. If the BBC is hurting for money why don’t they make their shows more accessible to the US audience?

I waited for YEARS for the rest of Waking the Dead and finally discovered Amazon UK and DVD region free units. Now I buy from Amazon UK every week. But I would love to subscribe to their Iplayer and give the BBC some money directly. And they have hundreds of wonderful older series just waiting for me to discover. I want to give them my money. They deserve it. They need to find a way for me to give it to them.

• Matt says:

I agree – I love the BBC having no adverts and good hour long dramas (which are actually an hour long, not 42 minutes). It’s not up to me whether the BBC let Americans watch their programmes (I would do the same with ABC’s/CBS’s output), but I agree with your points.

• Deb says:

BBCA is only partly owned by the BBC, I believe the remainder is owned by Discovery.

2. Tim says:

Paul Johanson has been directing since season 2.

3. ThereasonsY says:

The Chew is repulsive. I look forward to chewing on it’s replacement.

4. Alicia says:

They should make April’s pregnancy immaculate conception! That would be AMAZING, lol.

• lorna says:

Dude they should kill April off. Her, Lucy, and Calizona were the WORST things about s7. HATED them and it ruined the season for me. Callie was cool before she was pregnant.

5. Sam says:

Hell on Wheels! The preview looks hella promising.

6. julie says:

hell on wheels looks pretty good. and the lead, while younger, physically reminds me of DDL in ‘there will be blood.’ anyway, wish i had a better title.

7. Julia says:

They won’t write in the pregnancy – after all, when Ellen Pompeo was pregnant, it would have made perfect sense for Meredith to get pregnant, but they didn’t write it in. It’s so ridiculous when a main character’s pregnancy isn’t written in especially the way Grey’s did it – it was so obvious, beyond the fact that you could tell by Ellen’s face that she was significantly pregnant.

Have April hookup and deal with an unexpected pregnancy. It happens!

8. Jen says:

Grey’s has managed to hide a few real life pregnancies – Ellen Pompeo, Chyler Leigh, and Jessica Capshaw come to mind. There’s no reason to write in Sarah Drew’s.

• Fido says:

Shows how observant I am – didn’t realise Chyler had been pregnant on the show. Anyway, re: April. I like having her character not want to be jumping into bed every other ep like the rest of the horny bunch at the hospital. I hope the writers find a way of keeping that aspect of a character and aren’t forced to force this pregnancy on her character.

9. Mandy says:

I am very happy to hear that David Anders will be in Once Upon a Time! I have loved him since his Alias days and have been waiting for him to be in something watchable again (Heroes not withstanding). I wonder if he will play a villian, as he so often does. I would like to see him as a love interest though…

10. Danielle says:

Killing April’s character off seems like the best way to deal with that problem.

11. Jake L says:

The second season of Walking Dead won’t have finished by November 6, so what is the scheduling plan for it in relation to Hell on Wheels? Is one of the two going to 9pm or 11pm?

12. Emelie says:

Alex should be the baby’s father! I would love that. Seems like April has some haters…geez as does The Chew which hasn’t even premired yet. Nothing like giving something a chance guys. And lastly I love love love Paul Johannson. I can’t wait to see Dan Scott back in action.

13. jordan says:

So BBC’s show is going to be an American show on the BBC channel? That seems weird.

14. Babygate says:

I don’t think Shonda will write the pregnancy in. Seeing as though April is a virgin and not seeing anyone they would have to rush the storyline which is what they did in S7 with Callie’s pregnancy and it completely backfired on them. Grey’s needs to get back to the brilliant writing of previous seasons. S7 started out with a bang and after mid-season it became a disastrous runaway train that crashed and burned…

15. Mayra says:

Poor April! She doesn’t deserve to get pregnant! Not like this! I hope they do not include Sarah’s pregnancy in the show.

16. Marxie says:

Let’s not have April pregnant. One of the least believeable things on Grey’s (and there are a lot), is the amount of unplanned pregnancies. They are doctors–it’s not like they don’t know how things work. And the whole Christina Yang having her SECOND unplanned pregnancy is laughable.