True Blood Scoop: Boss Alan Ball Teases New Characters, Evil Dolls and... Season 5?

Worried that Comic-Con may have drained all the blood scoop out of the True Blood gang? Fret not: Showrunner Alan Ball, Anna Paquin, and Stephen Moyer took the stage at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour in Beverly Hills on Thursday, and actually divulged a new tease or two — including ample details on the yet-to-be-ordered fifth season of HBO’s vampy saga.

* True, HBO has yet to pick up True Blood for Season 5, but based on Ball’s announcement that he recently “closed a deal to do another [year],” it’s looking likely. “Everything ends, and there will be an end for me on this show at some point,” he offered. “But I don’t have any desire to leave because I’m having more fun than I have in my entire life.” What’s more, Ball explained that the writing staff is already breaking stories on the fifth season, which will “explore how one of the vampires was made,” as well as introduce new characters.

* If there’s a standout moment between Eric (Alexander Skarsgard), Sookie, and Bill, in Season 4’s ninth episode, Paquin gets all the credit. The actress says she gave Ball some rare input on an upcoming scene, and it may end up on air.

* That super creepy baby storyline has really just developed organically — much to the amusement of Ball. “I had no idea where that was going to go [when we first showed the doll],” he explained. “And now the creepy baby doll has found its way to creepy baby. They’re teamed up now. There’s something going on between those two, I can tell you that.”

* Moyer confirmed what TVLine readers already knew: That the Queen of all Things Zing, Kristin Bauer van Straten (Pam), has a “one-liner coming up that is probably one of the great lines of all time.”

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Previews, Scoop, TCA Press Tour

1. Angel says:

I hope we get to see Pam being turned. I want Eric/Godric/Pam flashbacks!

• xav says:

They said at Comic-Con that we’d see that in Season 5. And we’ve already seen Eric, Bill and Jessica being made.

2. Just Jules says:

I believe that is what AB was talking about…. thought I had read that he already said season 5 would explore Pam’s backstory..

3. h says:

no thanks, if its gonna be as boring as season 4 has been idnw

4. wordsmith says:

I’m waiting with bated breath for Pam’s infamous upcoming “sundress” line…

5. Mary ware says:

I WANT MORE TRUELOOD FOREVER!.

6. fernando says:

Please let witches also be in season 5, I love this season more then ever, because witches are in it and they are doing a great job,so please let the witches stay for season 5, we need a show with wishes, I wish Eastwick would have stay on air.

• indy says:

oh please…this is probably the worst “creature” arc after the warepanthers. alan ball needs to get rid of everyone and keep vampires, humans and alcide (without the rest of his pack). enough is enough with this zoo show.

• auraeulogia says:

I think is funny how you’re implying that Alcide is whole different kind of animal. I agree. I prefer him even if he is the only werewolf standing after your zoo killing.

• Finn says:

Enough with the zoo? Have you not read the books? The weres were very much in attendance throughout the series with the vampires in the forefront and most prominent. If you’re looking strictly for vampires, try Twilight. Oh wait… they have shape-shifters there too. Maybe The Vampire Diaries? Hmm. No. They have witches and werewolves. Guess you’re out of luck for now.

• lorna says:

disagreee. maryann the maenad was just AWFUL and dragged on far too long.

7. Amanda says:

The Vampire Diaries has a witch on it, and the CW’s new show The Secret Circle is about witches.

8. Laurel says:

Pam’s backstory is pretty good in the books.
    The when , where and how Eric turns her would be a fantastic episode of True Blood.

9. Angela says:

If you’ve read the sookie stackhouse series, you’d know that next season witches are not involved. Each season goes based off of A book, this season (4) is based off the fourth book. So next will be the fifth book. However if you love Trueblood, you’d love and live for the books even more! They contain so much more detail! Go readdddd!

10. TechToolPro says:

BRING BACK GODRICK!!

11. Telkwa says:

Sam and Tommy running naked through the woods all the time, Jesús and Lafayette getting in on all the time and now Tara is a lesbo. This has turned into a seriously gay show. The unabashed heterosexual orgies and constant pointless sex scenes in the past seasons were over the top but at least they were tolerable. I’m sure if I keep watching the writers will eventually have Bill and Eric blowing each other. Really sad. There were few characters left that were pillars and they made Andy a V junkie. Meth lab Hillbillies are Werepanthers give me a break. Can’t stand the show now. Four episodes into season 4 and I’m finished. It should be cancelled or the writers all fired.

12. Adam Higgins says:

Want to see your favorite True Blood characters made into Barbie dolls?