Glee All-Time Best Musical Number Tournament: 'I Feel Pretty'/'Unpretty' Takes the Crown!

Chalk one up for girl power. When TVLine kicked off its Glee All-Time Best Musical Number Bracket Tournament on June 30, “I Feel Pretty”/”Unpretty,” the deeply affecting mashup between series heroine Rachel Berry and her rival Quinn Fabray (embedded below), was slated as the No. 5 seed in a highly competitive “Duets” division. But over the course of the next four weeks, “I Feel Pretty”/”Unpretty” systematically picked off its rivals with barely a bead of sweat forming on its delicately nuanced forehead.

In Round 1 of our 64-player tourney, the Faberry (or Quinchel, if you prefer) performance bumped off the Rachel-Kurt mashup of “Come on Get Happy”/”Happy Days Are Here Again” with a whopping 70.8% of the vote, then faced its closest challenge of the competition from another Rachel-Kurt collaboration (“Defying Gravity”) in Round 2, advancing with 54.7%. In Round 3, “Unpretty” posted a fairly easy upset over the Duets Division’s top seed, “Baby It’s Cold Outside” (by Klaine), and then crushed the second-seeded duet, “Faithfully,” to sail into the semifinals.

For its final head-to-head bouts of our single-elimination tourney, “I Feel Pretty”/”Unpretty” was up against two of the most iconic performances in Glee history, but Rachel and Quinn’s sombre musical rumination on the pressure teenage girls feel to conform to an elusive beauty ideal would not be denied: It squeezed past “Don’t Rain on My Parade” (the No. 1 seed in the Solos Division) with 55.4% in the semifinals, and ultimately triumphed in the finals over “Don’t Stop Believing” (the No. 1 seed in the New Directions Greatest Hits Bracket) by a margin of 55.6% to 44.4%.

See what happens when you combine late ’90s TLC with West Side Story? The results, apparently, are unstoppable.

Anyhow, if you’re interested in one last look at how your votes narrowed down the field from 64 entries to one reigning champ – click here to check out the entire 64-player bracket (then click again for a zoomed-in view).

And to get alerted to TVLine’s next bracket tournament — a little something to do with tough but sexy crushes — sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now hit the comments and share your thoughts on how the Glee All-Time Best Musical Number Bracket Tournament played out!

Comments (278)

• YES! At least once “America” got it right!

Good job voting everyone!

Comment by Eli – July 28, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SERIOUSLY?

Comment by Steven – July 28, 2011 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, this song is so…blah.

Comment by Tom Bergeron – July 28, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly. I love that mash-up and the song itself is a better cover than DSB but Don’t Stop Believing was the FAR better performance. Besides the obvious Faberry fanatics, I’m pretty sure people just voted for them because they felt that DSB was overrated instead of actually judging the performances themselves.

Comment by Captain – July 28, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I clicked on this article hoping it would say another song won, despite the fact I saw the numbers when the poll closed. In Glee HISTORY (HISTORY!) this is not Glee’s best performance or song cover. TV Line next time pick better songs to compete in the first place! Hopefully, no one from Glee or associated with the show will see this article and assume the public wants Diana/Quinn to sing more.

Comment by George Bush – July 28, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Quack Quack Quack

Comment by James Durbs – July 28, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This poll is not for Glee’s ‘best performance’ or ‘song cover.’ Gleeks are voting for their personal favourite. Seems like a lot of people like I Feel Pretty/Unpretty. If you didn’t like it, you should’ve voted for another song.

Try again next time.

Comment by George Bush Sr – July 28, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jeez. God forbid someone doesn’t reaffirm what you think is best or right. Get over yourself.

I didn’t vote for this one against a few of the others(Don’t Rain on My Parade), but it was a lovely duet and one that I listen to often. I don’t feel the need to crap on other people for having opinions different than my own. I’m not superior and neither are you.

Comment by Michael – July 28, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Michael that was an exceptional response and I sure wish everyone else had that attitude. The internet and particularly boards are filled with diatribes and personal attacks against people with differing opinions. It’s like the old saying “…everyone has one.”

Comment by Sheila – July 28, 2011 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What are you talking about? Dianna has a beautiful voice. Not everyone needs to scream a song to be a good singer.

Comment by pria – July 28, 2011 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who insinuated you had to scream to be able to sing? Colbie Callait can sing and she dosen’t scream. Diana, cannot sing. Sorry, toots.

Comment by Bubba F. – July 28, 2011 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Quite frankly I agree with you. But Dianna was an actress who could sing some instead of a singer could act some. I voted for Dromp for it was the best song IMO but the arrangement of P/U was wonderful and the girls sounded good. It was very nice. But I feel the Broadway songs that Glee does are not as downloaded as the more popular songs on the radio are. Thusly that is why the popularity of P/U. This is why I love Glee so much that they introduce all genres to the audience to hear and to aclimate to. There are so many new audiences of older music and artists because of Glee. This is what is so refreshing to the show. I’m tired of all the bashing of a character to another actor this is not a forum to be so crass in. We all voted and this is what was chosen. I’m glad for them. Andy your arrangement was amazing and that is what won it for me. The girls sang it well but your talent was what brought it to everyone’s attention. Good job. Lea I love your vocals anytime.

Comment by love glee – July 30, 2011 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dianna has a mediocre voice just becasue you like her doens’t mean she is much of a singer.

She has little range, no technique and comes off breathy or nasally and yes I know her nose was broken.

Comment by Joe – July 28, 2011 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dianna Agron has a legendary voice!

Comment by jedzie – August 2, 2011 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love that mashup. A lot. But I am flabbergasted that it won. Someone had to be voting a thousand times for it. It’s weird because when the episode first came out, I never heard this type of praise for it. The song itself got decent to good reviews but nothing like Don’t Stop Believing, Baby, It’s Cold Outside or Teenage Dream to name a few.

Comment by Brad – July 28, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your right because…this song didn’t seem that popular even on iTunes. Don’t get me wrong I loved this mash-up and hear it constantly but Lea Michelle overpowers diana in this song. I would have loved if DSB won because at least we can hear both Cory and Lea

Comment by Liz – July 28, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m pretty sure this was the best selling song from that episode. It did better than “Born This Way”.

Comment by Pete – July 28, 2011 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey I wanted DSB to win like some others, but lets not take anything away from the song. It didn’t get descent reviews… it got outstanding reviews, top rated song of that episode over chris’ 10 minute solo. It sold over 100,000 copies it’s first week and remained on the itunes top 100 for about 3 weeks +… which is crazy. Hate it on it or not, it was one of the biggest singles Glee has ever had. Don’t dilute yourself into thinking you’ve never heard the hype for the song… you just chose to ignore it. Lets not be sore losers and criticize a song that has deeper meaning than the 63 other songs in the competition.

Comment by Ryan – July 28, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think you hit the nail on the head – the song was more subtle than the majority of the songs but had deeper meaning and that was why it won.

Comment by Darla P – July 29, 2011 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank God. If Don’t Stop Believing had won, I would have lost all hope for the American viewer. Who cares if it was Glee’s defining moment? It’s about the BEST moment. The pilot wasn’t the best episode and DSB sure as HELL was not the best song.

Comment by Sam – July 28, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK YOU.

Comment by X – July 28, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe it is because I screen a lot of pilots but, Glee’s pilot was easily the best pilot within the last 5 years that I can remember. I completely agree about the DSB part though. This contest was simple: pairing the visuals, importance to the story, the performance, and the song to see which provided the best representation of Glee. IFP/UP is what Glee does best: a music video-esq performance, a mash-up, a talented performance, and a song that dramatically represented the themes of the show. There isn’t a reason why this shouldn’t have won.

Comment by ThereasonsY – July 28, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Okay now, be serious. Pilots that were better than Glee in the last five years:
        Mad Men
        Friday Night Lights
        Lone Star
        Archer
        Breaking Bad
        Justified
        The Walking Dead, etc.

Comment by Sam – July 28, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So you’re saying that I Feel Pretty WAS the best moment in Glee and Born This Way was the best episode? Don’t think so bud.

Comment by Captain – July 28, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This was more of a “I don’t want this to win” than a “I wanted it to.” If I had my way, the House is Not a Home/One Less Bell to Answer mashup would have won. It had actual creativity behind it, plus Kristen Chenoweth sang the crap out of both songs. Bonus: It was a musical number instead of a song forced into the show via bad dialogue. Taking each performance on it’s own, I’d say that was the best.

Comment by Sam – July 28, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That “home etc” mash up is my most Glee favorite mash up… And it pains me to read many times when people say that “Home” is their least favorite Glee episode of Season 1 – especially when it is a moderator of a Glee fan site – because that episode is what made me fall in love with Glee… But I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions.. I don’t understand the animosity on the result of this polls… I mean, it is a result of votes on internet which is not restricted to the USA only..

Comment by Lily – July 28, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Don’t Rain on My Parade probably should have won. To me it’s Rachel’s standout performance of the series. That performance still gives me chills when I watch that episode, which is also one of the best episodes of the series, unlike the Born This Way episode, which I can honestly barely remember. But I won’t trash on the I Feel Pretty/Unpretty mashup. It was one of the better songs of season 2.

Comment by Anya – August 1, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was the BEST song

Comment by Mike – July 29, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay but uh it’s “i feel pretty/unpretty”

Comment by I – July 28, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like the showrunners to note that the beautifully subtle understated performance won. Not the overly dramatic, arms flailing bad choreography of Don’t Stop Believing. I love TLC but this is not my favorite song of theirs. However, this mash up was pitch perfect. It was serious without Lea’s constant over dramatization or Quinn’s “Evil bitch face” that she wears when trying to look haughty. I’m so glad this beat out Don’t Stop Believing. It is just a better performance.

Comment by Lauren – July 28, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes but it didn’t win because it was the better performance. It won because Quinn/Rachel fans have no lives.

Comment by Kris – July 28, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Someone sounds a little bitter. Don’t you think that’s a gross overgeneralization?

Comment by really? – July 28, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS! The mashup was wonderfully integrated into the episode and storyline and the emotional quotient is off the charts. As a complete performance, this moment won, as it should have. I didn’t vote for the best vocals, I voted for the performance that moved me the most.

Comment by lipsticksocialism – July 28, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew my Quinnie did good with that nice Jew with the amazing voice

Comment by Judy Fabray – July 28, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just spit water all over everything.

Comment by Liz – July 28, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • omg all the awards. ALL THE AWARDS. i cannot breathe.

Comment by sophie – July 28, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you Judy, I will be sure to pass on the compliments to Rachel. Their voices really did go well together. I always thought that bumbling, tall boy’s voice was too wheezy and whiny (no offence of course, not everyone is born with perfect pitch like my Rachel here).

Anyway, we will be hosting a small celebration party at our house this Friday night, do come and bring along your daughter!

Comment by Leroy Berry – July 28, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They do make a lovely duo. Leroy’s in tears cause her baby girl won, and Rachel’s doing her victory dance. You should come here and bring Quinn to celebrate with us!

Comment by Hiram Berry – July 28, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Whatever. One day, I will get the chance to sing with Rachel, and everyone will see how much vocal chemistry we have.

Comment by Janey Jansen – July 28, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, not if I have any say in that matter.

Comment by Bee – July 28, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Though it’s not my personal all-time favourite Glee performance (Hello ‘Safety Dance’), It’s undoubtedly in my top 5. I’m really stoked that it won – didn’t think it actually would.
    Always love when the underdog comes from behind and takes home the gold

Comment by Karen – July 28, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *raises hand* Safety Dance FTW!

Comment by Kirstin – July 28, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would have liked another song to win, but out of the two it deserved to win. I love IFP/U but it’s not the best song of the show, for me that is Don’t Rain on My Parade.

Comment by Ben – July 28, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not surprised. Quinn/Rachel shippers are an avid bunch.

Comment by xav – July 28, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What the hell is a “shipper”?

Comment by Larry – July 28, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • People who like the idea of characters in a relationship.

Comment by xav – July 28, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you kidding me? This song wouldn’t even be in my Top 50 favorite Glee songs. Some people just have no taste, apparently.

Comment by Anon – July 28, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True, you apparently have none!

Comment by Frankenteen – July 28, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree, Anon. I dont see what was so great about the mashup and it had NO performance quality. I dont understand when people say ‘the way they blended melodies was great’. I dont see how Lea covering up the cacaphony mess that comes out of Diana’s voice “great”.

Comment by Blue – July 28, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t explain how this song (granted, it’s a fine song) could be voted ahead of so many others whose downloads and sales beat the snot out of it! Is it because kids are voting who don’t PAY for their music?
    “Don’t Stop Believing” was from the earliest GLEE shows so perhaps it has been played to death already and that alone could have cost it votes.
    And in Britain, “Bohemian Rhapsody” was voted (in the late 80s) the top song of the last quarter century, beating all the songs by the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, up to that point.

Comment by edward salvesen – July 28, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Comparing Queen’s iconic Bohemian Rhapsody to what we got on Glee is like comparing a golden apple to a rotting apple core. That one shouldn’t have (and rightfully wasn’t) anywhere near the finals of this bracket.

Comment by James Durbs – July 28, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Considering the fact that once I Feel Pretty/Unpretty went on sale, it raised to #3 on the iTunes charts in a matter of a day or two just below Adele and Katy Perry when they were extremely popular and selling a lot. Staying there for at least a week or a little under. Despite people already having the song (glee previews songs before the episodes), they still bought it off iTunes to show their support.

So actually, I’m pretty positive I Feel Pretty/Unpretty has more sales than a lot of glee’s songs. It’s most likely in the Top 5 or at least Top 10.

And how does the original Bohemian Rhapsody even apply here?

Comment by k – July 28, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad this won! When I voted it was behind 49/51, but I must have been early. Part of my issue with DSB is that it’s sooooo overdone now. I’m so sick of that song! And I love the message of IFP/U. Beautifully done and songs like this are one of the reasons I still watch Glee (even though I have to fastforward through have the dialogue now).

Comment by Christine – July 28, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All the votebots owner are pretty happy with themselves today. Congrats guys. Now go back to your sad lives in your parents’ basement.

Comment by Really – July 28, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Like yours? No, thanks.

Comment by minks – July 28, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UGH. Dianna Agron is so boring.

Comment by jm – July 28, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think watching wallpaper peel would be more entertaining than her.

Comment by Fred – July 28, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Not even.

Just leave if you don’t have anything constructive to say. She’s on Glee, she’s there, she’s talented and is one of the best role models you can find anywhere in Hollywood.

So no.

Comment by Sp – July 28, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • *Dianna stan spotted* Lol, get your panties out a bunch. She’s talented? Since when? A role model? What does the do besides Glee? And no, you can not use google as of now to find out.

I’m sorry, I’m gonna stick with wallpaper.

Comment by Fred – July 28, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m not exactly a Diana stan – it’s clear her voice isn’t one of the best on the show, and her acting is pretty average. But asking what she’s done outside of Glee is a stupid argument to try to make against her. She’s already been in a couple movies (Burlesque and I Am Number Four, if I’m remembering right), she’s sold a screen play, and she’s very active with charities. It’s certainly more than most of the rest of the Glee cast has done.
          Along with Chris Colfer and Lea Michele, she’ll probably see the most success post-Glee, because they’ve already started working on projects outside of the show.

Comment by Sadie – July 28, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • In Burlesque? The two seconds she was on the screen. I Am Number 4 was horrible, yes I saw it. . .on DVD, of coarse. And, it tanked at the box office. And, the acting was pretty atrocious. Charites? Which ones. -______- She definetly is not the most successful post Glee or the most known. I doubt she’s done more than anyone else. Whenever someone talks about Glee they mention Lea. .or Chris. I know people that have never watched the show but know them, by name. Diana Agron? Who. . .

Comment by Fred – July 28, 2011 12:30 PM PDT
        • F-Fred ! :o What happened to you ?

Comment by Short Stack – July 28, 2011 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Hey, take it easy, Short. I think that’s Janey under the disguise of Fred.

Comment by Bee – July 28, 2011 08:52 PM PDT
        • She’s started a website called, “You, Me, and Charlie,” which allows people to post their art (If I remember correctly) and express their creativity. Dianna is an actress, and you don’t need to slam her.
          I feel this song was a good performance on Glee’s part, but I personally feel that it was not their best performance.

Comment by Sophie – August 25, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry Faberry haters, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome this song is

Comment by Santiago – July 28, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Insert Santana-THIS.gif here.

Comment by Mhm. – July 28, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dianna can’t even sing! So I’m going to congratulate Lea and the autotunning person who constructed Dinana’s voice from what it actually sounds like.

Comment by LOL – July 28, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • having actually heard dianna sing live on multiple occasions, i am just going to tell you that this song is the only song i have ever heard her sing on glee that sounds like her actual voice. so. suck on that.

Comment by sophie – July 28, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yeah sophie, you go gurl.
        Dianna might not be able to reach certain pitches or notes, but her voice IS BEAUTIFUL.

Comment by wat – July 28, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tell that to the hundreds of people who have seen her sing live. Myself included. She can sing. Probably a whole lot better than your poor excuse of a voice

Comment by Quinn Fabgay – July 28, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve heard Diana live, and lets just say I’m having another ear appointment Monday. And she sings over the record during shows. EPIC FAIL.

Comment by Cooley – July 28, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i demand a recount i like i feel pretty/unpretty but there is no way that it beat don’t stop believing.

Comment by I won't stop believing – July 28, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well then maybe you should’ve voted harder. Oh, that’s right, the poll has closed. So suck on it, sucker.

Comment by S – July 28, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • > Refer to my nick

Comment by If I were you, I'd stop believing – July 28, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To freely quote Chris Colfer, ” I am not sick of singing DSB, but I am sick of hearing it”

Comment by Lily – July 28, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best song!!! Faberry FTW!!!!!!

Comment by Aly – July 28, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe “Don’t stop believing” beat “Teenage Dream”. Teenage Dream is the best, I think it’s better than the original. I think it would have beaten Unpretty, but I suppose it was fair.

Comment by Genie – July 28, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Teenage Dream is not the best song, it’s not even the best Warbler song. The only reason it’s so popular is because it was the first song Darren Criss sang on the show.

Comment by Paul – July 28, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lame. Yes, this is a good song, but seriously, how did it beat Don’t Stop Believing? DSB is Glee.

Comment by Erinn – July 28, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glee is Glee.
      A song doesn’t characterize it.

Comment by wat – July 28, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • see above: ThereasonsY post. It’s well stated.

Comment by lu – July 28, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would have sounded better singing this with Rachel.

Comment by Janey Jansen – July 28, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Someone’s bitter.

Comment by Hiram – July 28, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No one likes you Janey.

Comment by Brittany S.Pierce – July 28, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Back off Pierce.

Comment by Janey Jansen – July 28, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh no you didn’t.

Comment by Santana Lopez – July 28, 2011 11:43 AM PDT
    • Do I need to come over and punch you again?

Comment by Quinn Fabray – July 28, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love watching lesbians fight

Comment by Noah Puckerman – July 28, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • NOAH! That is highly inappropriate!

Comment by Rachel Berry – July 28, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You Americans, i can’t understand… i’m gonna drink sangrias til’ i’m sick, chao.

Comment by Palo – July 28, 2011 12:34 PM PDT
          • Let it go, Short. I’m tired of Janey f****** Jansen’s b*tching.

Comment by Bee – July 28, 2011 01:08 PM PDT
    • Oh no, you didnt! Get it through your thick skull, or has all that red dye damaged your brain?

I sang the duet with the girl. I got the girl. WAHAHAHAHA.

Comment by Quinn Fabray – July 28, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh my god.

Comment by Julia – July 28, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • JANEY FU%^ING JANSEN

Comment by QQ – July 28, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Janey Sweetie, As much as i love you your voice… wouldnt be suited to this type of singing.-cough-oranysinging-cough-

Comment by Mr.Jansen – July 28, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • omg everyone is perfect in this fandom <3

Comment by ilovethisfandom – July 28, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • shh, haters, calm yourselves down. it’s over now. i am sure that you can find something else to occupy your time for the next two months…knitting ‘i hate faberry’ sweaters, perhaps? ooh, maybe one of you can open a bakery that only serves finchels! we’ll just be frolicking in our faberry orchard until you’re ready to play nice.

Comment by sophie – July 28, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think if it were the regionals version of “Don’t Stop Believing” it would have won? Because while the normal version of it is good the newer version is great. But the way they executed “I feel pretty/Unpretty” has a very Glee-feel.

Comment by BLair – July 28, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is everyone so angry and intense? This is “Glee”, guys. Lighten up and enjoy.

Comment by Alex – July 28, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!
    I voted for this song every single time. I am just glad it wasn’t DSB even though I get why some people think it should have won. It may have one time been the anthem of Glee but I think Glee has moved way past that point. I’m super happy this won!! I didn’t see that coming!! :)

Comment by TayMads – July 28, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yay!!!
      I luv you TayMads. I agree. this is the best song on Glee.Well,not really the best but it did better than DSB.This song has deeper meaning.You know I always very insecure about how I look like,but now,I don’t freaking care.I bet many other teenagers like me felt that way.So haters,whatever.

Comment by ILuvTayMads – October 21, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s with all the hate? It’s not the point of Glee Club, guys…

Comment by Will Schuester – July 28, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Get back to your corner Schuester!

Comment by Sue Sylvester – August 1, 2011 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The song was good, but why is the brunette singing about not being pretty? Sweetie, text me anytime you want to feel beautiful.

Comment by Janey Jansen – July 28, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe she already has the perfect person to show her that she’s beautiful, and she had her well before you came along.

Comment by Fred – July 28, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you don’t want to be punched in the face again and tied up (in a non-sexual way, URGH) all night, then I suggest you GTFO right now.

Comment by Quinn Fabray – July 28, 2011 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You have anger issues Fabray, must be all that left over sexual frustration you had whilst I was screwing Rach.

Comment by Janey Jansen – July 28, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What sexual frustration? Didn’t you read the sequel? There is NO sexual frustration on my or Rachel’s part whatsoever ;)

Comment by Quinn Berry-Fabray – July 28, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • She bought a new harnass, Janey.

Comment by Short Stack – July 28, 2011 01:11 PM PDT
      • My next song is going to be about you Janey. The title is going to be “JANEY F**KING JANSEN”

Comment by Taylow Swift – July 28, 2011 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • EFF OFF JANEY

Comment by ..asfsf – July 28, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Outstanding. The best choice won.

Comment by Laura – July 28, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stop this.
    It’s ridiculous thatwe have this kind of comments on an article about a show that preaches against bullying.
    Do you guys watch the show AT ALL???
    If you don’t like Dianna, shut it. There are people that do like her or at least seem enough of her to know what kind of person she is.
    If you don’t like the song, shut it. It won. If you didn’t want it to win so bad, you should’ve done something while it was still deciding. You didn’t, so clearly you did’nt care much about which song would win.
    Get over it.
    Stop insulting the actresses/singers/fans.
    I don’t like Finn. I don’t care about Lauren and Mr Shue, But you won’t see me insulting them or the people who play them (who have NOTHING to do with anything, btw).

This is so immature.

Comment by Jackie – July 28, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So totally agree…sick and tired of bashing the actors. Believe it or not, singing is in the ears of the beholders and there are lots and lots of fans who adore singers that others may not. Your opinion does not mean the others is right or wrong….just what you believe. But to insult and bash Dianna in particular because your favorite didn’t win is just so juvenile. Suck it up…Grow up….and act like your age…unless you are a preteen and then I guess you are “allowed” to be immature…of coursed, then it is called manners!!!

Oh and I would have been happy with either song winning….but ecstatic that Unpretty won after all the fighting!

Comment by Cindy – July 28, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By the way, please never call them Quinchel again. Faberry, thanks.

Comment by Laura – July 28, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • preach, gurlfremp.

Comment by sophie – July 28, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • x1000

Comment by Suq – July 28, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know right? omg, get one thing right.

Comment by ter – July 28, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELL TO THE NO!
    I tots should have won this…hmmm…tots…Does anyone has tots here?

Comment by Mercedes Jones aka The Real Winner – July 28, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You and tots need a break from each other…it’s not a healthy relationship.

Comment by Eng – July 28, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vayanse a la puta! Faberry is endgame!!

Comment by The Clinic – July 28, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …okay, I love Faberry and everything, but…if you really think Faberry is endgame then you’re trippin’.

I have more of a chance of seeing God and shaking his hand than RIB making Faberry canon (and endgame at that). I’d love it, but it’s never going to happen.

Comment by no. just no. – July 28, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well first off I would like to thank my fathers for giving me the singing lessons that have made me pitch perfect, second I would like to say a well done to my partner Quinn, who yes may be sharp sometimes, but that’s just because she lacks my training, as this was her best vocals she has had during her whole glee club experience. Brava Quinn, Brava
    Rachel Berry*

Comment by Rachel Berry* – July 28, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re getting laid tonight Miss Berry.

Comment by Quinn Fabray – July 28, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, by a certain REDHEAD.

Comment by Janey Jansen – July 28, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love it when you call me Miss Berry ;)
        Rachel Berry*

Comment by Rachel Berry* – July 28, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Janey, when are you going to accept that Rachel chose me? Leroy will haunt you.

Comment by Quinn Fabray – July 28, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It’s true, I will.

Comment by Leroy Berry – July 28, 2011 12:13 PM PDT
          • God Quinn you’re so sexy when you’re angry, I wish I saw you punch her in the face! Any chance you will be able to come over before tonight?
            Rachel Berry*

Comment by Rachel Berry* – July 28, 2011 12:20 PM PDT
  • Guys, it’s done and over with. I don’t get this constant fighting or belittling of Dianna Agron and complete strangers on the internet.

Let’s just open ourselves up to joy and go on with our lives, okay?

Anyway I’m glad I Feel Pretty/Unpretty won! It is most definitely one of my favourite covers on this show. I love it when Glee does mash-ups and gets a little creative with the music they do. Also, there should be a lot more duets! It’s amazing hearing their different voices together.

Comment by Chicken Butt – July 28, 2011 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am just gonna say that this is a good song shocked it won but it won so ya!!! I loved both Lea and Dianna and their voices and they do this song beautifully so Congrats to IFP/UP

Comment by Jennifer – July 28, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I just get a line in a song, please?

Comment by Tina Cohen Chang – July 28, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who are you?

Comment by RIB – July 28, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wait… who are you?

Comment by William Schuester – July 28, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tina, you’d think you’d understand by now that you’re never going to get a solo right? Just stop trying.

Comment by Will Schuester – July 28, 2011 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stop trying to make Quinchel happen, it’s not going to happen!

Comment by Regina George – July 28, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Quinchel sounds like a rotting piece of feces.

Comment by Fabgay – July 28, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She doesn’t even go here!!!

Comment by Blaine Warbler – July 28, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You don’t go here either. Lord Tubbington wants to shave your eyebrows off..

Comment by Brittany S. Pierce – July 28, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not his eyebrows! *gasp*

Comment by Ryan Murphy – July 28, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • courage

Comment by Blaine Warbler – July 28, 2011 12:28 PM PDT
  • I voted for this to win. It was kind of awesome seeing my girlfriend and ex-girlfriend sing this together. It was like a fantasy coming true, except they weren’t naked.

Comment by Finn Hudson – July 28, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ew. I am so glad we broke up.

Comment by Quinn Fabray – July 28, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Uh, Finn, I’m unsure whether I should be flattered or disgusted, so I’m going to go with the latter.
        Also Finn, we need to break up. I’ve uh… found someone else who may or may not be a certain blonde in Glee club. However, that’s for me to know, and you to… not know.

-Rachel Berry

Comment by Rachel Berry – July 28, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ummm, Rach? I know we went to prom and everything… but I think we’d be best as just friends. Sorry, you’re awesome though!

Comment by Sam Evans – July 28, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • A certain other blonde, Samuel…

Comment by Rachel Berry – July 28, 2011 12:18 PM PDT
          • Aaaaawkwwaaaaaaard

Comment by Quinn Fabray – July 28, 2011 12:36 PM PDT
          • Sam? What the HELL are you even doing here? You said you were transferring school next year! Go on, get out of here.

Comment by Mercedes Jones – July 28, 2011 12:46 PM PDT
  • Seriously? This won? YUCK!!
    I wish Don’t stop believing would have won. That song is the Glee anthem!

Comment by Melinda – July 28, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this poll serious? How does the girl with the less than mediocre voice win anything with the words best and musical in it. You cannot swear on your life that people didn’t vote in the name of a certain popular ship.

Comment by Leslie – July 28, 2011 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Uh, maybe they voted because they like the song? Dianna can sing, so your argument is pretty invalid

Comment by brianne – July 28, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t. I think any ship pairing two straight characters together is a bit odd (but that’s just me). I just..*gasp* LIKE THE SONG. Get over yourself.

Comment by Mallory – July 30, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whatever Quinn can’t even sing

Comment by Janey Jansen – July 28, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to Rachel you can’t even screw.

Comment by Quinn Fabray – July 28, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s true, I did say that. I’m sorry, Janey..it’s just. No one can compare to my Bee.

Comment by Rachel Berry – July 28, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She say’s it’s like superhero sex!
          I love you Short Stack.

Comment by Quinn Fabray – July 28, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I love you more Bee.

Comment by Rachel Berry – July 28, 2011 06:11 PM PDT
  • My mommy sings way better than you and she’s way prettier!

Comment by Beth – July 28, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • do I know you?

Comment by Quinn Fabray – July 28, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • who are you???

Comment by RIB – July 28, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • do you go to Mckinley? can I have your number babe ;)

Comment by Noah Puckerman – July 28, 2011 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • RIB DID YOU BRAINWASH THEM?
      Beth baby, it’s okay.

Comment by Shelby Corcoran – July 29, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At the end of the day, whether I Feel Pretty was the better song/cover/performance…it shouldn’t have won because it was forgettable. Unless you’re an avid fan of Glee/Quinn & Rachel/The Song or all of the above, chances are you don’t even remember the performance. Ask 100 casual Glee fans what their favourite performance was I bet few of them say “I Feel Pretty.” I also bet plenty of them would say “Don’t Stop Belivin” because unlike it’s competitor, people remember it. It defines Glee for many. To somewhat test out my theory, I sent Facebook messages to 10 of my Gleek friends asking them who sang “I Feel Pretty” none of them knew, one person said Kurt.

Comment by Captain – July 28, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am sure your Glee fans were all male.

Comment by Lily – July 28, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey you, step up from my daguther, well, both of them..

Comment by Shelby Corcoran – July 28, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shelby? aren’t you supposed to be in New York?!

Comment by Rachel Berry – July 28, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blame the crazed Faberry fans

Comment by Hailey – July 28, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree.
      Rachel should NOT be with that disgusting, psycho blonde.

Comment by Janey Janson – July 29, 2011 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously Janey, no one likes you. Just go away.

Comment by Quinn & Rachel Fabray-Berry – July 30, 2011 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wtf, is up with all these crazy fans pretending to be characters. That sh*t is so creepy. I honestly wonder if any of the Faberry stalkers, or anyone for that matter would have voted for Unpretty if only Dianna had sung it. That song would have been poop without Lea. And you all know it! And no, Dianna cannot sing. Autotune can.

Comment by Gillian – July 28, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • IFP/U could not have won if only as you put it, Faberry fans voted for it. You think the Faberry fandom is larger than say, the Finchel fandom? Come on girl, surely you can acknowledge the fact that Gleeks voted for IFP/U because THEY LIKED IT.

Plus, all this hate directed towards Dianna…what is up with that! If you insist on saying Dianna can’t sing, I insist on saying Cory can’t too. Which means DSB should not have won as well. DSB ‘would have been poop without Lea.’

Comment by S – July 28, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Finchel fans had nothing to do with anything after Faithfully left the competition! DSB is a ND number not a Finchel one. Your acting like the poll contained thousands of votes it was only a couple hundred, thats enough Faberry fans and insecure lesbians voting over and over for IFP/U. No one hates Diana, we are just stating the obvious. No Cory cannot sing either! The only people on Glee that can legit sing are Lea Michele, Jenna U, and Matthew Morrison and I’ll throw Chris Colfer in there. No, Amber Riley she didn’t even make American Idol, that means shes garbage. DSB would’ve been fine without Lea. IFP/U would not not not have gotten anywhere without Lea, because Dianna cannot sing.

Comment by Gillian – July 28, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • OH you must be kidding me! Go and read all the comments that Finchel fans left in the previous poll…and then deduct with your amazing observational skills which song they voted for!
          But let’s put the Finchel thing aside for this. You’re acting as if the Faberry fans won IFP/U on their own, which is IMPOSSIBLE. Say as per your post, hundreds of Faberry fans voted over and over for IFP/U, but do you not think in general, Gleeks will vote for DSB? Any normal fan who comes in here and have not maybe heard of IFP/U will vote for DSB. DSB has a much bigger fanbase and song play on radio as well but DSB still did not win.
          I find your insinuation about how the Faberry fans won this song entirely on their own is laughable. Do you have the stats to back that up? Do you seriously think this is how democracy is run? LOL at you, lady, the song with the most votes win and that is it. Deal with it.

Comment by S – July 28, 2011 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Do you have any stats to prove that Fabery shippers aren’t the ones that ruined the poll. 99% of the people that voted for IFP/U were females who said they were either gay, Faberry shippers, or could relate to the message. Any normal fan who enters this poll will know both songs. Voters were voting for either song for the wrong reason. DSB people voted for nostalgia and IFP/U people voted because of ships. In Glee history, not even you, can say that this is Glee’s best number or even top 5.

Comment by Gillian – July 29, 2011 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I don’t like Faberry. I like the song better than the original DSB. GET OVER IT. It’s just a freaking INTERNET POLL.

Comment by Mallory – July 30, 2011 03:57 PM PDT