Okilly-dokilly, The Simpsons‘ 2011 Treehouse of Horror installment (No. XXII, airing Sunday, Oct. 30) is gearing up to be the best ever. Why, you ask? Because Springfield’s own do-gooder, Ned Flanders, is getting a Dexter Morgan makeover — theme song and all! — and EW.com has the awesomely animated video to prove it. Give it a watch here, then tell us how bloody-good you think the spoof looks.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Bravo has announced that The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills will return Monday, Sept. 5 with what looks to be a jaw-dropping second season (per the promo below). While all of the original ladies are back for more, there are two new additions: Brandi Glanville (ex-wife of The Playboy Club‘s Eddie Cibrian), and L.A.-based event planner Dana Wilkey.
• Former Nanny costars Charles Shaughnessy and Fran Drescher will reunite for the Season 1 finale of her hit TV Land series, Happily Divorced. The Brit will play Gregory, a man that both Drescher’s character and her onscreen ex-hubby (played by John Michael Higgins) are vying to date.
• Dancing With the Stars reportedly is resolved to nab some truly big stars for its 13th season, so interpret this as you will: TMZ is reporting that Los Angeles Lakers stud Ron Artest is on the reality hit’s radar — though, if there is no NBA lockout this fall, he’d have to somehow juggle both gigs (since hoops season tips off in October, just when the Dancing competition heats up).
• Hallmark Channel is so smitten with Luke Perry and his made-for-TV movie Goodnight for Justice, they’ve ordered two sequels. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Justice 2 is set to go into production in August, with an eye on a 2012 premiere date. However, Perry’s Beverly Hills, 90210 bestie, Jason Priestley, will not be returning to direct the flicks due to scheduling conflicts.
• America’s obsession with Pippa Middleton continues: TLC will air Crazy About Pippa, a special about the younger sister of newlywed Kate Middleton, on Tuesday, Aug. 9.
• TLC has also renewed Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids for a second season, per EW.com.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?