Comic-Con

Tina Majorino On Bones Reprisal, Her Dynamite New 'Toon and Revisiting Veronica Mars

Poor Tina Majorino. As you’ll see in this clip from the TVLine interview couch at Comic-Con, I have to break it to the actress that she isn’t coming back to Bones.

But she is! She is!

Though I can’t take any credit for it, sources now confirm that producers are planning to bring her sidekick character, Special Agent Genny Shaw, back. (Stay close to your phone, Tina!)

Watch our Q&A interview anyway, though, because in it, she tells all (or at least all she knows) about the Veronica Mars reunion movie, the Napoleon Dynamite animated series and the Big Love lesbian romance that wasn’t.

Loading video...

1. vanessa says:

I really don’t wanna see her back on Bones. Her character was useless and i’d rather have this season focus on the main characters especially since it won’t be a complete season.

• sadtroll says:

I really don’t wanna see your crabby post. It’s useless and I’d rather have this comment thread focus on Tina Majorino especially since that’s what the original post from Ausiello is about.

• Sarah says:

THANK YOU!!

• timshel says:

Seeing as Vanessa’s comment was about Tina Majorino, she’s completely just it posting her opinion. Just because you don’t share her opinion, doesn’t make it any less valid. I too would prefer she not return to BONES. Nothing against her, I think she’s a great actress, just didn’t think her character was that great or added anything of value to the show.

• yvette says:

i think she might b going out with sweets and writers would take from there or mayb she has something to do with the navy with is the next big case thats coming up. if anyone to talk bones of vm follow me at jasonwd I LOVE VMARS

• Hamlet's Dad's Ghost says:

Can you please write in complete sentences? Grown-ups posting in text shortcut language is both sad and stupid at the same time. Unless you’re twelve. In that case…shouldn’t you be doing your homework?

• VMARS LOGAN says:

I can write however I want BTW IM NOT 12 OH WAIT DID I JUST Wrote IN TEXT SHORTCUT.

• Katy says:

Hay!!!!!! I’m 12!!! So don’t be such a buzz kill, man!!! I think that Shaw is useles as well. All though, she MIGHT be dateing Sweets.

• vm logan says:

or vm sorry about that

• AngelMoonGirl says:

I agree. I don’t want her back on Bones either, and if she is I hope it’s only one episode, for when Brennan can’t work. With such a shortened season I want as much Booth/Brennan time as possible.

2. Larry Flowers says:

I love this woman, it happened when she played Mack on Veronica Mars. It continues every chance I get to see her. Someone needs to find this womaan a regular gig!

3. John says:

Love. Her. And still residually sad that, even though she was finally made a series regular, she was randomly AWOL for most of Veronica Mars’ 3rd season. If only there was more. If only…

I’m glad she’s (probably) coming back to Bones, though!

4. Cass says:

I remember her from CORRINA, CORRINA, and she is still as adorable, but has grown into a lovely lady, too. I hope to see her on BONES again–I liked her character.

5. Swerds says:

I meet this wonderful woman over a decade ago at the Blockbuster Video international convention. She was sweet, charming & down-to-earth. Success couldn’t happen for a greater person!

6. ggny says:

imo her character should have been moved to The Finder to take over the lead female role

She needs her own show not to be a guest/recurring or a voice actor

• Keila says:

Yes! This!! Though, I’m just really happy to have Tina on my tv, I won’t be picky about what show she turns up on. Love her!

7. Mannie says:

I’d love to see a Veronica Mars cartoon if that’s the only way we could get them.

8. Tee says:

So excited! She’s fantastic.

9. Steve says:

Tina is immensely talented and I hope that she gets more opportunities to show what she can do, especially as a dancer!

10. Mark It Right says:

OMG! I met her there too. I have a signed copy of her in Alice In Wonderland.

11. MichelleR says:

Let me be clear that I know her name and have enjoyed her in a number of things, but when I see her I think, “Corrina, Corrina Girl!” and I feel a rush of fondness for her.

• timshel says:

Completely agree. Can’t help but recall her in a few key scenes from that movie even though I’ve seen her in countless other projects since then.

12. elsol69 says:

I liked her — how about Daisy goes… and Sweets gets something started with Special Agent Shaw.

13. Annika says:

I enjoyed her rookie-ish character in Bones and I hope she becomes a part of the show somehow.

14. Mandy says:

I adore Tina. I watch her in everything because she is so cute and sweet. When she joined my favorite show (VMars) I was so pumped. Then when she appeared on Bones, I literally clapped my hands. I really hope she can stick around. She deserves it, plus her character’s interactions with Booth were fun. There is alot of potential there, so I hope they roll with it.

15. Eva says:

I could cares less…. I read that Sweets old girl friend will
    be also be back.

Bones is quickly becoming a SOAP OPERA….
    a real shame. It was once a good show.

16. HoneyBee says:

Awwhh, she looks pretty. I miss Veronica Mars and her character Mac. I will never stop hoping for the movie.

17. Mandy says:

Love Tina. Loved her old movies, super loved her on VMars, loved her in Big Love, loved seeing her on Bones!
    But I must disagree with her on one thing. Her character on Big Love was clearly heading down the lesbian road, but the writers changed their minds after introducing the storyline. I was disappointed but this because I also thought it would be interesting, but the seed was clearly planted and then they went another route.
    Hope to see more of her on Bones!

• Michelle says:

Absolutely. There are some scenes which cannot be explained away, particularly in season 3. They simply went a different way with it. I think this was a missed opportunity, but Tina is still my favorite on Big Love…and Veronica Mars…and everything else she’s in. She’s smart, funny, beautiful, and she’s a child actor who has grown up gracefully with no public drama. Good for her, and good for us.