Exclusive

Suits Scoop: Alicia Coppola Stirs Things Up

Alicia Coppola is suiting up to deliver a whole lotta drama on USA Network’s Suits.

Mad Men Alum Suits Up for USA Series’ Aug. 4 Episode

TVLine has exclusively learned that the Jericho alumna — who currently recurs on ABC Family’s The Nine of Lives of Chloe King — will guest-star on an upcoming episode of the dramedy as Alexandra Leeds, a woman from Harvey’s (played by Gabriel Macht) past who suddenly appears to stir up some big trouble for the legal eagle.

Covert Affairs Recruits Heroes Alum, Teases White Collar-Burn Notice Crossover

Even more good news for Coppola and Team USA: The actress has been promoted to recurring status on the cabler’s recently ordered-to-series buddy cop show, Common Law, effectively putting her back in business with her former Jericho boss, Jon Turteltaub.

1. XK says:

As long as we don’t see Trevor anymore, I’m good. That storyline is terrible.

• Jamey says:

I am so with you on that one! Love the show – hate the Trevor storyline.

• Phil says:

The Trevor storyline was necessary to add some spice to the USA forumla. It helped create a edgy background which I think helps add some dimension to the characters. Was it well executed? No, it could have been better.

• melanie says:

they couldn’t make trevor disapear just like that, i think they handled it very well. As for Miss Copola hapy to know she is a regular on Common Laws she and Elay are the reasons i will tune in and also i hear Copolla is Elay’s Ex on that show… interesting!!!

• renee says:

make that 3. i literally fast forward thru trevor and i’m about to dump the show if he comes back from montana. mike can only be stupid so much. heck i cringed when he told trevor he’d always take his call. Child please. grow up.

2. Lindsey says:

Thanks for the Suits scoop! This is my favorite new show of the summer : )

3. Sam says:

Whenever I see Alicia Coppola, I remember that she played a cannibal/murderer on CSI one time. I’d really like to forget that.

4. John says:

Suits is my favorite show right now. But i have to agree the trevor-storyline was well thought but badly executed.

5. chase says:

Totally agree on no more Trevor storyline. Really loving Suits though! I remember Alicia Coppola on NCIS, she’s quite a versatile actor. Can’t wait to see what she does on Suits. :) Keep scooping us on Suits, thanks!

6. LDSK says:

Good for her. I’ve always liked her ever since she guest starred on JAG.

7. denise says:

This show is a new favorite!

8. Ashley says:

This should be fun! Alicia Coppola has always played strong, take-no-bull women on the shows I’ve seen her in; it would be entertaining to watch her throw Harvey off his game a little (and watch Mike watch Harvey get thrown). Any opportunity to delve into Harvey’s backstory should prove interesting.

Thanks for the “Suits” scoop – this show is up there with “White Collar” as one of my favorite summer/USA series!

9. ChattyKathie says:

If my memory serves me correctly, she is also a General Hospital alum. Am I correct?

10. Lorie says:

Thanks for the scoop. I’ve always liked her.

“Suits” is also my new favorite show, and Harvey’s my new summer crush. Can’t wait for 9c tonight!

11. beebull says:

I Love Alicia, she was great in Jericho and got to meet her in LA at a Jericho fan reunion, I’m in love with this beautiful talented woman.

12. melanie says:

isn’t she supposed to be playing micael ealy’s ex wife or something, so i would have expected her to be a regular not just a recurring character anyway, we know recurring characters who apears in so many epiosdes of some USA network TV shows LOL

13. melanie says:

i am pretty sure she is the ex wife of one the two cops and she slept with other one, so now those cops can’t stand each other… preditible!