Suits Scoop: Alicia Coppola Stirs Things Up

Alicia Coppola is suiting up to deliver a whole lotta drama on USA Network’s Suits.

Mad Men Alum Suits Up for USA Series’ Aug. 4 Episode

TVLine has exclusively learned that the Jericho alumna — who currently recurs on ABC Family’s The Nine of Lives of Chloe King — will guest-star on an upcoming episode of the dramedy as Alexandra Leeds, a woman from Harvey’s (played by Gabriel Macht) past who suddenly appears to stir up some big trouble for the legal eagle.

Covert Affairs Recruits Heroes Alum, Teases White Collar-Burn Notice Crossover

Even more good news for Coppola and Team USA: The actress has been promoted to recurring status on the cabler’s recently ordered-to-series buddy cop show, Common Law, effectively putting her back in business with her former Jericho boss, Jon Turteltaub.

Comments (21)

• As long as we don’t see Trevor anymore, I’m good. That storyline is terrible.

Comment by XK – July 27, 2011 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am so with you on that one! Love the show – hate the Trevor storyline.

Comment by Jamey – July 27, 2011 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Trevor storyline was necessary to add some spice to the USA forumla. It helped create a edgy background which I think helps add some dimension to the characters. Was it well executed? No, it could have been better.

Comment by Phil – July 27, 2011 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • they couldn’t make trevor disapear just like that, i think they handled it very well. As for Miss Copola hapy to know she is a regular on Common Laws she and Elay are the reasons i will tune in and also i hear Copolla is Elay’s Ex on that show… interesting!!!

Comment by melanie – August 21, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • make that 3. i literally fast forward thru trevor and i’m about to dump the show if he comes back from montana. mike can only be stupid so much. heck i cringed when he told trevor he’d always take his call. Child please. grow up.

Comment by renee – July 28, 2011 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the Suits scoop! This is my favorite new show of the summer : )

Comment by Lindsey – July 27, 2011 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whenever I see Alicia Coppola, I remember that she played a cannibal/murderer on CSI one time. I’d really like to forget that.

Comment by Sam – July 28, 2011 12:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HA! I was thinking the same thing.

Comment by Dav – July 28, 2011 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I remember Alicia Coppola from Another World. Love Suits…

Comment by Columbus – July 28, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, I still think of Rick Hoffman as Alan Foss from that one episode of “Leverage.”

Really enjoying “Suits” so far. Thursday nights on USA are awesome. “Burn Notice” and “Suits” back-to-back.

Comment by Emgee – July 28, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Suits is my favorite show right now. But i have to agree the trevor-storyline was well thought but badly executed.

Comment by John – July 28, 2011 12:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally agree on no more Trevor storyline. Really loving Suits though! I remember Alicia Coppola on NCIS, she’s quite a versatile actor. Can’t wait to see what she does on Suits. :) Keep scooping us on Suits, thanks!

Comment by chase – July 28, 2011 03:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for her. I’ve always liked her ever since she guest starred on JAG.

Comment by LDSK – July 28, 2011 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is a new favorite!

Comment by denise – July 28, 2011 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This should be fun! Alicia Coppola has always played strong, take-no-bull women on the shows I’ve seen her in; it would be entertaining to watch her throw Harvey off his game a little (and watch Mike watch Harvey get thrown). Any opportunity to delve into Harvey’s backstory should prove interesting.
    Thanks for the “Suits” scoop – this show is up there with “White Collar” as one of my favorite summer/USA series!

Comment by Ashley – July 28, 2011 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If my memory serves me correctly, she is also a General Hospital alum. Am I correct?

Comment by ChattyKathie – July 28, 2011 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she was on another world too, back in the day, playing lorna

Comment by sandy – July 28, 2011 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the scoop. I’ve always liked her.

“Suits” is also my new favorite show, and Harvey’s my new summer crush. Can’t wait for 9c tonight!

Comment by Lorie – July 28, 2011 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Love Alicia, she was great in Jericho and got to meet her in LA at a Jericho fan reunion, I’m in love with this beautiful talented woman.

Comment by beebull – July 28, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • isn’t she supposed to be playing micael ealy’s ex wife or something, so i would have expected her to be a regular not just a recurring character anyway, we know recurring characters who apears in so many epiosdes of some USA network TV shows LOL

Comment by melanie – August 23, 2011 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am pretty sure she is the ex wife of one the two cops and she slept with other one, so now those cops can’t stand each other… preditible!

Comment by melanie – August 23, 2011 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post