Finding Primetime Jobs for Daytime Stars: The Women of One Life to Live

As “soaps savior” Prospect Park gets to wheeling and dealing with the cast members and assorted unions attached to All My Children and One Life to Live, it’s looking increasingly unlikely that the eventual online iterations of either ABC serial will be able to retain their full ensembles. Thus, TVLine is moving forward with presenting our dream primetime roles for a few fan favorites.

Finding Primetime Jobs for Daytime Stars: The Men of One Life to Live
Finding Primetime Jobs for Daytime Stars: The Men of All My Children

This time around, we’re suggesting our primetime picks for the ladies of OLTL. Like our ideas, or have better ones? Pitch away in the comments section! Now, on with the slideshow….

Comments (17)

• I said that! About Melissa as Joan’s sis, she’d be a great fit on Mad Men.

I can see Bree Williamson on Gossip Girl and it’d be awesome to see Gina Togani on Castle in a guest spot. She’s on the list right after Summer Glau for me though.

Comment by raelee514 – July 27, 2011 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow I thought of Melissa for Mad Men too! She has the right look for the show and would be perfect as Joan’s sister or conniving cousin.

Comment by Kaidie – July 31, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jessica was already on Gossip Girl.. BW played ‘Brandise,’ a college student moonlighting as a hooker.

Comment by Jen – July 27, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you even read the story? It suggests BW *go back* as Brandy or whatever.

Comment by Lauren – July 27, 2011 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fun choices, Megan! I don’t think Erika Slezak belongs on House, though. Because of her great chemistry with both Robin Strasser and Tuc Watkins, I say put her right in there with them on DH. Her character and Robin’s should be rivals — now THAT would get me watching Housewives again!

Comment by april-ann – July 27, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hmm. I rather they get their own show where Erika and Robin play Friend/Emenies of the Viki/Dorian grain — and Tuc comes on the show for fun and games and shirtless fun.

Comment by raelee514 – July 27, 2011 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should be the mothers of Bob and Lee. That would be fun to watch.

Comment by Shelley – July 27, 2011 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, yes, yes, YES, YES!!!!

Comment by april-ann – July 27, 2011 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was meant to reply to Shelley. Sorry Shelley, I just got so carried away by your suggestion I forgot to click on Reply!

Comment by april-ann – July 27, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Erika Slezak would be on House, I’d prefer to see her as Cuddy’s replacement. She has the poise and steely spine and has dealth with her share of incorrigible men.

Comment by Cindy – July 27, 2011 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what I was thinking!!

Comment by Angela – July 28, 2011 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I would rather see Robin Strasser on House. She does driven and manipulative so well–she would drive him nuts.

Comment by mina – August 22, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would love to see Robin Strasser on Castle, perhaps as Meredith’s mother. Oh, the possibilities!

Comment by mandy – August 22, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gina Tognoni is new Sarah Michelle Gellar

Comment by nickp91 – August 22, 2011 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good grief, this article was posted in July? I missed it, and was totally waiting for it too. I love this game.

I am actually kind of intrigued by the idea of Melissa Archer on Mad Men. I’d be curious to see how her acting chops could hold up against Jon Hamm and co.

I’m a fan of Gina Tognini acting with Nathan Fillion again. That is something that would actually make me watch Castle (cuz nothing else would do it). I love their chemistry together.

As for Bree Williamson…I hate Gossip Girl, I would not recommend that idea. I say she should be a love interest for Jax on Parenthood.

Gigi on Chuck…that is a good one. Love it!

Kristen Alderson…again I am not a fan of that show, so I would say no to her being on the American teenager show. It’s time for her to take on some grown up roles, I think. I say make her a love interest for Shane on Weeds.

I love the idea of Robin Strasser on DH, she would fit right in. I don’t think so much because of the connection to Tuc though, I never liked their relationship. She should definitely not play his mother, that is just a little twisted after seeing their sex scenes on OLTL. Maybe Lee’s cougar mother would be a little better.

Whoever said Erika Slezak should be House’s boss had a brilliant idea, I think.

Okay, and here is my favorite idea…Kassie dePaiva would be awesome for Justified. She already has the accent. I’m picturing her as Ava’s white trash mother who perhaps gave birth to her when she was a teenager. That would be ideal casting to me.

Comment by Amber – September 27, 2011 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Precsieyl in the purpose :)

Comment by Windows8 icon editor for Win – September 24, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post