Scoop: Romance For NCIS: LA's Geek Squad?

When NCIS: L.A.’s nerdy superstars, Barrett Foa and Renee Felice Smith, took the hot seat — that is, the TVLine sofa at Comic-Con — they teased with talk of an Eric/Nell hook-up. They tantalized with hints about new back-story chapters. And finally, they dropped a bombshell, revealing the “big no-no” that we can look forward to this fall.

Curious? Oh, who are you kidding? Press play below. You know you want to.

Loading video...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. xav says:

I’d totally be up for them having a thing more than Kensi and Deeks, there’s a cute factor with them that I really like.

2. João Amaral says:

not surprisingly, really.

3. Amy says:

More interested in Kensi/Deeks, thanks, but I could get behind it. (Tho I think I’d like them better as besties.)

4. Matthew says:

To be honest, Ive been watching NCIS LA since it started now, and even since Deeks started I havnt seen much chemistry at all between Kensi and he. They might develop something but forcing it I dont think would work.

I think Sam and Kensi have more chemistry tbh from what Ive seen.

5. Mikaylah says:

I would LOVE for Nell and Eric to get together. They are so cute. Not a big fan of Kensi and Deeks. I actually would really like Callen and Kensi together.

• Nancy says:

@Mikaylah: Ohhh. Yes. I hadn’t thought of Kensi and Callen but as soon as I ready yr comment, it felt right. I’m not as sure of Sam and Kensi as someone else mentioned but will keep that in mind when watching to see if that works for me more than Callen. Deeks needs someone else for a romantic pairing. imo

• bklyngirl says:

Yes to Callen and Kensi! The CaKe fans are still holding out for them.
      There is no romantic tension between Kensi and Deeks.
      He acts more like a kid brother to her.

6. XK says:

I would love it if nobody got together, honestly. It seems like that’s the first thing writers think of when they have characters of both gender in a cast. People CAN work together (and sometimes should) without ending up in bed with on another.

Just my opinion, of course. :)

• redreh says:

Yes, I agree so much. As soon as they brought her into this show I thought, well, that’s Eric’s love interest. And that seems like her sole purpose. She has nothing else to contribute that couldn’t be done by any other character on this show. She was brought in just to be the Abby to his McGhee.
      With Kensi and Deeks, I do feel a chemistry between the actors, but that also seemed like something created to be like Tony and Ziva.

If they MUST have love interests, just pick one, please. I already feel like two is too much on NCIS. LA is grappling with the terror that the chemistry between their first cast wasn’t as spell-binding as that of original NCIS. So they’re creating as much copy-catting as possible. While I understand it, I don’t like the image it re-enforces of women: they’re only interesting if they’re romantically involved.

Please stay away from the stereotypes. If the character growth calls for romance, GO FOR IT, but don’t force something to happen just for its sake alone.

• Renee says:

Right there with you! I prefer no hookups w/coworkers.

7. Mandy says:

Nell looks like she’s 16. I do not see the chemistry at all. I remember when the show first started Eric had a thing for Abby on the other NCIS. I see him more with the weird type than with someone like Nell. They would make cuter besties. Besides, they work with Chris O’Donnell, LL Cool J and Eric Christian Olsen. If she was going to have a work crush, it would be on one of them. Which would actually be super cute. They should do hat.

8. Bella says:

Nell annoys me. I don’t think she’s added anything to the show and before she came along, whats his name did it all by himself. She interrupts people and finishes their sentences and all kinds of other rude things. She’s cute, but that’s about all that could be said about her character. Unless they round out her character more, she could disappear and you’d never notice.

9. mallory says:

They have cute bff banter! “Thirty five oreos later….” “Not fun….” LOL Love it!

10. Nilsy says:

She totally annoys me, I liked it better when it was only Eric managing the geek front.

11. Vanny says:

Look, I am not one of these viewers that waits for the hookups.. however, when she came on, I thought they had lots of chemistry. Even in the interview… how they keep looking at each other lol… I think they would be cute.

• Nancy says:

@Vanny: when she first came on, I, too, thought they were trying for an Abby type character. Criminal Minds has an Abby take off, too. It took me a few episodes, but I quickly grew to like her and think she and Eric do have chemistry. For me, they have more chemistry than Kensi and Deeks.

12. Kenzee says:

What would be a real mix up is having a crossover where NCIS LA goes to NCIS (or the other way around) and they some love moments. Like McGee and Nell or Eric and Ziva, Deek and and Abby. They could do anything really!

13. James M. Keane says:

I would love to see more Nell and Eric. This week’s (10/20/15) episode with the Renaissance Fair costume had some potential, but they put her back into street clothes before we could really enjoy Nell and enjoy Eric’s reactions to her. I think she should have kept the costume for the entire episode. Less DiNozzo, more Nell!