Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Castle Hit Man Max Martini Exacts Revenge at ABC

Late Castle assassin Max Martini is being reborn as a private eye.

The actor, whose arc as Castle hit man Hal Lockwood came to a permanent end in the show’s May finale, is joining the cast of ABC’s new fall drama Revenge in a recurring role, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

Martini — best known to TV audiences as Master Sergeant MacDonald James “Mack” Gerhardt on CBS’ The Unit — will play Frank Saunders, a rugged, pragmatic private investigator hired by the show’s wealthy patriarch, Conrad Grayson (The Tudors‘ Henry Czerny).

Revenge stars Brothers & Sisters‘ Emily VanCamp as a mysterious woman who moves to the Hamptons to ruin the Grayson clan for past misdeeds. It premieres Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 10/9c.

Comments (14)

• Max will also guest star on this Monday night’s episode of “Rizzoli and Isles” as a cop who’s daughter is kidnapped.

He was great on “Castle” by the way!

Comment by Gianna – July 27, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good actor…macho guy to the max!

Comment by Jason – July 27, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really sexy (in a “real man” way), plus he holds citizenship in 3 countries, and “Angel” from the Rockford Files is his stepfather–you’d think he’d be more famous than he is.

Comment by Tego Livi – July 27, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was terrific on Castle, so I think I will check him out on Revenge!

Comment by Meri – July 27, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is definitely going on my TV schedule! Yay for Max! Loved him on The Unit.

Comment by Andrea – July 27, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First saw him on DaVinci’s Inquest.

Comment by Cosimab – July 27, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just got done saying I wanted him cast in something for this fall! Revenge wouldn’t have been my first choice but now I’ll actually be checking it out.

Comment by GeekGirl13 – July 27, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was riveting on “The Unit” — or I should say IS, because I still watch the reruns. Not sure this new show sounds interesting, but at least it’s not about cops, doctors or lawyers. . . .

Comment by Lyn – July 27, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was in the “Exit Strategy” pilot. After not getting picked up. Fox allowed the pilot to be retooled for a mid season replacement. The Retooled pilot was also rejected by Fox and is now officially dead.

I don’t think there is a lot to be optimistic about Revenge. Who know ABC core audience is supposedly filled affluent women and Revenge has a female lead. So it possible it could gain a following.

Comment by George – July 27, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, he was good in “The Great Raid” as well!

Comment by Lucy – July 27, 2011 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved him in The Unit. Got tired of him playing “the bad guy”, even though I thought he did a great job in Castle. Loved him in FlashPoint. Glad he’s going to be on TV on a fairly regular basis.

Comment by GeeMa – July 27, 2011 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved him on the Unit! Still sad about that show being cancelled.
    And then he showed up on Lie to Me! Which was a pleasant surprise. And then he was on Castle, which I LOVED. And then he was on an episode of Flashpoint where he was also great.
    Nice to see him on TV again!

Comment by H – July 29, 2011 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is GOOD NEWS for fans of this naturally talented artist. No one deserves a good shot like this better than Max Martini. He is one of the hardest working professionals in the industry.

Comment by FLChick – August 1, 2011 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am still upset that The Unit was cancelled! Max excelled in the role of Mack! I will check out this new show, just to see Max of course!!

Comment by Cassie R. – August 22, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post