Comic-Con

The Finder Duo Tackle Cast Changes, Bones Crossover Buzz and Their 'Father/Son' Dynamic

During Geoff Stults and Michael Clarke Duncan’s visit to the TVLine interview couch at Comic-Con, the stars of The Finder gave me everything an interviewer could hope for: spoilers about a rumored crossover with sister series Bones, candid conversation about pre-debut cast changes and idle chatter about a musical episode a la Glee.

But then they gave me even more: a glimpse at the jealousy seething beneath the surface that clearly could tear this hit-to-be apart.

Watch the clip below and see for yourself.

Loading video...

Comments (21)

• Something about Michael Clarke Duncan’s smile makes me happy.

Comment by aleksa – July 27, 2011 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the voice. I could listen to him talk for hours.

Comment by Jess – July 27, 2011 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adorable. I’m happy that the show got picked up after their Bones test-pilot.

Comment by Volcfom – July 27, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had no intention of watching this show after viewing the pilot, but these two are great together.

Comment by wtfwow – July 27, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t watch all of the pilot, but liked the banter between the leads. Will give it another chance. Very good PR there from the lads.

Comment by HI – July 27, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS may have cancel Criminal Minds spinoff “Suspect Behavior”, but the same thing goes for FOX to cancel Bones spinoff “The Finder” after the first season ends.

Comment by Kevin – July 27, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meh. Call me cruel, but I’d rather not see The Finder take off. I have more love for Bones than this spinoff, and I really don’t want the mothership show going down the tubes while Hart Hanson plays with his new baby.

Comment by AngelMoonGirl – July 27, 2011 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sadly too late for that but at least he won’t be making 44 episodes total. that slaughtered shonda

Comment by evs – July 28, 2011 04:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still don’t get how this happened, The Finder episode of Bones was not interesting, Michael Clark Duncan didn’t even make it interesting and he’s awesome. I adore him.

But I was bored that episode and felt it wasted my time, so I’m just baffled they gave the spin off the go ahead.

Comment by raelee514 – July 27, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is it me or does Michael Ausiello’s head look disproportionately large in this interview??

Comment by AIRmommy – July 27, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The background music was very distracting and it seemed to be louder than the actual interview I did not finish watching.

Comment by Josie – July 27, 2011 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Finder for me, a crossover with Bones…NO, please No, I really dislike the idea. The finder pilot in Bones was so boring! Even a good actor as Michael Clarke Duncan can make that new show a hit. Sorry, but in my opinion The Finder was a bad pilot.

Comment by Kikacr – July 27, 2011 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah, that episode was really bad. and worst idea ever. how can we care about simple appearances in a procedural we love

Comment by evs – July 28, 2011 04:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to give this show a chance, I’m going to watch the ACTUAL pilot and a few episodes after that. I like the two leading men and i hope they cast a good actress for the leading female! (One without a distracting accent please.)

Comment by Annika – July 27, 2011 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’re cute. I’ll give them a shot.

Comment by sara – July 28, 2011 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, I know I’m going to get jumped on for this, but I’ve not watched Bones (I’ve seen a few episodes and I don’t have anything against it, it just didn’t light a fire for me – not hate!), so I didn’t see the back-door pilot. However, they are great together! I love Mr. Duncan, and I’m so glad that he’s going to be working regularly, and on my tv, nonetheless! Based on this interview, I think I might watch the real pilot…

Comment by heather_kaye – July 28, 2011 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones crossovers are going to be fun to watch here. The shows will be on different networks in Australia.

Comment by Guy – July 28, 2011 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think what everyone needs to realize is this show wouldn’t have ever even gotten picked up to go to series if Emily Deschanel wasn’t pregnant. I don’t see it lasting long at all.

Comment by Midori – July 28, 2011 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was already planning to give The Finder a shot based on the Bones ep, which I didn’t find nearly as horrible as so many make it out to be. This interview though, now has be eager for the show to premier. Nicely done guys.

Comment by GeekGirl13 – July 28, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like either one of these guys and I didn’t like the cross-over show. Especially when it crossed over and took over my Bones hour.

Comment by Lisa – July 28, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Bones, but I too didn’t like the cross-over pilot episode. I think it was the worst episode of Bones season 6. And I’m obsessed with Bones, so I don’t think I will be watching.

Comment by Pam – September 14, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post