Exclusive

Exclusive First Look: The Secret Circle's Spellbinding New Posters

What’s your power?

If you happen to star on The CW’s newest supernatural series, The Secret Circle, it’s obviously a mix of stunning good looks and the ability to manipulate some sort of natural element. See for yourselves in TVLine’s exclusive first look at Britt Robertson (Life Unexpected) and Co. in Circle‘s gorgeous new artwork.

Circle (which is executive-produced by Vampire Diaries boss Kevin Williamson) centers on Cassie (played by Robertson), a teen who is forced by tragedy to leave behind her life in California for the mysterious Chance Harbor, Wash. There, she discovers that both she and her new group of friends — among them, Terminator: The Sarah Connor ChroniclesThomas Dekker, Days of Our Lives alum Shelley Hennig and Australian starlet Phoebe Tonkin — are in fact witches.

Take a look below at The Secret Circle‘s six new posters (click thumbnails to enlarge), each featuring a different character, and don’t miss the series premiere Thursday, Sept. 15 at 9/8c.

1. Peter says:

It looks better than I thought… Especially Phoebe, she is gorgeous!

2. Bee says:

very excited for this.

3. Jen H says:

Dekker looks like he’s sporting a lot of eyeliner in the first pic. It’s probably just shadowing but still, it looks off, like he’s trying to be Robert Smith or Richard Alpert.

• Esta says:

You must have missed the Terminator tv show. That is his look.

• J says:

If you ever meet him in person, his lashes are really long and thick and makes it look like he wears eyeliner. He doesn’t. He has gorgeous eyes.

• jh says:

Then he’s like Nestor Carbonell, who used to be on “Suddenly, Susan.” He has those very dark lashes too (people wear eyeliner and mascara to get the same look other people come by naturally). His colleagues jokingly gave him the nickname “The Maybelline Man,” and it wasn’t because he was wearing any Maybelline.

4. Janet says:

I’m really looking forward to the character that no one’s talking about: Nick Armstrong (Louis). I bet that he’ll quickly become a fan fave. And ofcourse Faye (Phoebe). These 2 will own TSC. Sorry, but they’ll overshadow the rest of the cast.

• ilovesecrets17 says:

I happen to agree. Nick and Faye were probably two of the most interesting characters in the books, and I was a fan of both. I can tell from the previews that I will be a fan of both of them.

5. Jennifer says:

I saw The Secret Circle pilot at Comic Con, and it was…pretty awful. I’d had high hopes for it and was excited to get into the Comic Con screening, but boy did that backfire. The audience gave it the Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment, which resulted in quite a bit of laughter at the show’s expense. Even my son, who’s fairly easy to please when it comes to TV, thought the show was bad. Oh well. I usually love teen-based paranormal shows, but this one’s a pass for me.

• Jen says:

Pilots are often awful. A lot of set-up, the actors don’t know each other so there’s not much chemistry, the writers haven’t figured out their flow etc.

Vampire Diaries pilot was a total cheese-fest.

Give the show some time to grow before you write it off.

• lauren says:

I was at same Comic Con screening and where I was sitting it went over VERY well. So I find it a bit more than suspicious that the first negative comments (above and below) came so close together…. same person, yathink? Did Brittany steal her prom date?

• Captain says:

There’s only one negative comment, the other one is in defense of TSC (well, pilots in general) but either way, people are allowed to have different opinions. You’re clearly a fan of Britt or something so I’d say you’re biased anyway.

• jh says:

I don’t believe you. A journalist present, who is NOT personally a fan of the show, reported exactly the opposite audience reaction, and gleaned from it that the show would probably at least please the CW’s audience. Moreover, I’ve read many reactions and tweets to the screening, and although some have reservations, nobody reinforces your contention that the screening was a disaster, and the vast majority are positive. I don’t know who you are, but I’m far more curious now about your actual identity and what ax you have to grind than I am about the screening itself.

• Amy says:

Wednesday or Saturday?

If Saturday were you in the back? The problem is that the Mythbusters audience starts getting in that room early…same thing happened with TVD when it was first screened. I enjoyed both pilots but I guess I’m easy to please. It’s exactly what i expected it to be.

6. Mila says:

It would be better if the lead actress wasnt Britt robertson…she cant act to save har life…I stoped watching LUX because of her.

• Kris says:

She’s so bad that they had to re-shoot the opening scene of Scream 4 and cut her out of her own death scene.

• jh says:

Since the producer of this show is also the creator of the Scream films, I doubt it. This is the star he personally wanted, and it isn’t the usual thing for a producer to knowingly hire an untalented lead actor to doom his TV series. There seems to be quite a bit of smack being talked on this site about this show. I really wonder what’s behind it.

7. Vee says:

I was pleasantly surprised by The Secret Circle pilot. I thought it was very good. The chemistry between Thomas Dekker and Britt Robertson is tangible, it’s visually beautiful, and I see a lot of room for growth.

And bravo on the posters, CW. These are stunning and very witchy.

8. Lindsey says:

Wow… that poster looks nothing like Britt Robertson! I am very excited for this show, and I love her, but wow! Posters are gorgeous… just weird how little it looks like her! And I agree with the previous post that Nick will be a fan favorite… He was one of my favorites in the books. :)

9. Chmarin says:

These posters look almost EXACTLY like the ones for Once Upon A Time.

10. Andie says:

The girl in the yellow poster looks a lot like Nina Dobrev in the thumbnail.. I was really confused for a minute because I realized it wasn’t her.

11. Sam says:

This seems like another guilty pleasure series with a smokin’ hot cast. I expect nothing less (or more, for that matter) from The CW.

12. Ashley says:

They’re pretty. Needs Gale Harold though! Especially if he’s going to be the baddie.

• jh says:

Agreed. The absence of Gale Harold in any of the publicity is really starting to annoy me. He isn’t even in the set photos they’ve released.

13. Justin says:

As someone who HAS all of these powers. I’m a little disappointed because this isn’t really how it looks in real life at all. It’s a lot grittier, and people aren’t usually so happy about it., or as attractive. Just sayin

14. laura says:

Shame Britt is not immediately recognisable. They airbrushed her too much to the point where if you didn’t know she was in the show, you wouldn’t know it was her!

15. NJM says:

I think of three things when I look at these: Captain Planet, is that guyliner?, and is it September yet?

16. Uma says:

Love these posters. I saw the originals. The photos looked different and probably for a different purpose than using in this colorful magical poster. Also those hands aren’t theirs, it was added afterwards. It reminds me of those trading cards actually and some of those fantasy novels. I like it.

I don’t know why people don’t think it looks like Brittany, I guess we all have our own opinions but I actually think she looks just like how she looked in life unexpected(the bangs being the only difference). I know it’s photoshopped(obviously) but it doesn’t looked warped at all. Well at least not to me. I’ve seen worse.