Comic-Con

Chuck Cast on Intersect Envy, Series Finale (Baby) Bombshells and a Possible Sixth Season

I told myself I wouldn’t cry. Even though the Chuck cast would be sitting down with me for what would be their final Comic-Con interview as a cast, I refused to let my emotions get the better of me.

But a funny thing happened when Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin,Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky and Adam Baldwin made a pit stop at TVLine’s interview suite over the weekend — I didn’t shed a single tear. Yay me! I did, however, get a little wistful as the Q&A started winding down.

Chuck @ Comic-Con: Final Season Spies a Break-Up, Big Death, Star Wars Vet, and More

Of course, I didn’t let it get in the way of me doing my job. As if. Before all was said and done, I walked away with “scoop” on a Baby Bartowski, a shocking exit and a possible (gulp) sixth season.

Zachary Levi Shares His ‘Profound’ Reaction to Chuck‘s Ending, Promises Much Heart in Finale

Loading video...

Want Chuck Scoop and Spoilers 24/7? Follow Me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

1. NCSouthernBelle says:

SIXTH SEASON??? Please, don’t tease me. The disappointment would kill me.

2. Ausiello, you aren’t hearing anything about a sixth season. Why even bother lying about it? THERE WILL BE NO SIXTH SEASON.

• Aunt Sassy says:

I have a question – why are all of these shows at Comic-con? Is Chuck based on a comic strip? Or Glee? Or Community? I honestly don’t understand the connection….

• Well says:

Short answer – because it’s a marketing opportunity.
        Long answer – well, Glee is there because it’s ridiculous. Community is there because it’s awesome. True, not much of a comic connection. However, fyi Comic-con isn’t about “comic strips” – it’s about comic books and their offshoots.

Chuck is definitely closer to that world than the other two shows. It’s essentially a story about a comic book nerd becoming a comic book hero. It fits.

• Aunt Sassy says:

Thanks for the answer – “comic strips”/”comic books” – who cares? My second question is – when is the coverage going to end? It seems like this weekend convention is stretching out WAY too long.

• boxed in says:

Comic strips are like Peanuts, Doonesbury and Bloom County.
            Comic books are multi-page affairs with more than four or five panels.
            :-) Just sayin, it’s like calling a novel a website.

• sigbower226 says:

Chuck has its own comic book. thats why they go to comic-con. btw it was awesome!!!

3. George says:

At the end there Yvonne looked really sad

4. Krissi G says:

Ausiello, you should totally guest star on CHUCK!!!!!!

5. steve says:

its been shifted to a friday for a reason. THERE WILL BE NO SIXTH SEASON so can ypu please stop getting anyones hopes up michael.

• NCSouthernBelle says:

Fringe was moved to Fridays, and yet it lives on.

• Mike says:

Fringe was moved to Fridays in hopes that FOX could sustain a hit on Fridays and it was renewed. CHUCK was moved to Fridays for what was agreed upon as a final 13 episode season. Big difference.

• Dude says:

Dollhouse got two seasons as well. Before getting a second season though, a back nine would (most likely) get offered.

6. Ann S says:

This is why Ausiello needs to be stopped. He outright lies in the form of teasing us, and ADORES it because people fall for it.

I won’t believe in a SIXTH season until I see it on NBC’s schedule announcement next spring.

Until then, LIES, Ausiello. LIES.

7. Samantha says:

Michael, I feel like this is the only interview where you dropped the serious face and showed how much fun you were having lol Great interview! I love the cast and the show so much and am really going to miss it next year.

8. Sam says:

I like this website, but when you blatantly put up misleading teasers, it makes you less of a journalist and more of a advertiser.

• goy says:

Really now, you read entertainment web sites for the “journalism”? That’s BS. You’re either just trolling for the lolz or you haven’t had your mind blown by some Entertainment Media 101 course at your local community college. Hint: it’s all a large machine where entertainment gets “consumed” and fans get extra info from site like this.

And everyone whining about Ausiello “lying” in the headline…he posed a hypothetical and most people know how extremely unlikely it is – including the peeps complaining about it.

9. Scott says:

Ahhhhhh no transcript for this deaf-Chuck obsessed fan!

10. Aiden says:

Whoah I didn’t expect to have more Chuck TVLine stuff aside from Chuck’s SDCC interview. This was a pleasant surprise! What else are you hiding up your sleeve, Ausiello?

Also, this was so brutal to the heart. Novemember is their last month of filming? It can’t end yet! I just want to pull back time. This cast is so incredible. They look like they genuinely love each other. Having this to be the last season makes all their interviews fun and very emotional. Goodbyes suck. But at least this time they know their fate. Pretty sure there will be diehard fans even when Chuck ends, though!

11. marnix says:

where is chuck on the photos? i only see the other actors… or is it just crosseyed me??

12. Mandy says:

I hope it was a joke that you didn’t know it was on Fridays! I don’t like these kinds of group interviews though – I can’t hear anyone. :)

13. Mairead says:

There won’t be a sixth season, because NBC has given it the sixth as a farewell. At least it’ll get a proper ending, instead of leaving the fans with unanswered questions.

14. angel says:

We need another couple shortened seasons… I, for one am not ready to say goodbye to Chuck and the gang.

15. DN says:

USA Network. The CW Network. As well as other channels out there in basic cable. “Chuck” has a built in audience, and that’s valuable. If I were at Warner Bros., I would be shopping the show around — and there should be a bidding war among those cable networks.

• Lindsey says:

I feel like it always belonged on USA to begin with. I think it could have actually done well on there. Missed opportunity.

16. Deaf Guy says:

hear hear … wait a sec ….. ☺☺☺☺

17. JHarnes says:

Well, having seen some of the stuff NBC and other Networks are putting up for the new season if Chuck holds its audience on Friday who knows what could happen. There are just so many shows that are a total waste of space on TV. Chuck is fun with a great cast – and I want to thank them all for many hours of fun!

18. lama says:

whyyyyy the interview is so short??? i neeed more of chuck’s team…:D

19. Yobb says:

I just want to say one thing : NBC never said that the 5th season of CHUCK will be the last one, like ABC and CW did with the final season of LOST and SMALLVILLE. That’s why, I’m always surprised to see everywhere people talking about the final season of CHUCK, because NBC never said that it will be the last.

OK, the show is on FRIDAYS and the probability that this is the last season is very high, but it’s will not be promoted as as final season like LOST and SMALLVILLE because, if (and IF) the ratings are good, NBC will renew CHUCK for a 6th season. FOX renewed FRINGE for a 4th season despite very very low ratings on FRIDAYS, so, why not CHUCK ? If all NBC new show fail, CHUCK could still have its chance to come back !

• What?! says:

Quote from NBC press release of it’s Fall season.

“Returning shows include “Parenthood,” “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” “Harry’s Law,” “Chuck” (for its fifth and final season of 13 episodes), “Community,” “Parks and Recreation,” “The Office,” “30 Rock” and “Dateline NBC.” Among next season’s returning alternative series are “The Voice,” “The Sing-Off,” “The Celebrity Apprentice” and “The Biggest Loser,” each in two-hour formats.”

20. jacdc says:

I don’t understand their seating arrangement….? What exactly are Yvonne and Adam sitting on. ANYWAY, this interview was way too short man!
    And okay, I have to say that it seems like Yvonne seems much more talkative and confident in interviews when Zac isn’t there. I know that he’s like the main focus in all interviews and stuff, but those two almost seem uncomfortable around each other. I know I’m going to get called crazy for that, but that’s just what I see.

• Lianne says:

I think it’s more when Zac and Josh are together, they can’t stop talking. Both are verbose. She really isn’t, so given that Zac wasn’t there to talk and Josh was there with the rest of the cast, I think that’s why she was more animated. Together, Josh and Zac don’t give you much time to talk.

21. Mdz says:

Woww!! that was a great interview..they really made me laugh..
    I know there won’t be a season 6 for Chuck and thinking that this one will be the last makes me really sad..but since we still have the hole season ahead of us I’m just going to think about that for a while :D

22. Gaga says:

I freaking love the cast!! ah going to miss chuck :/

23. Farrah says:

What does Awesome say when he gets bleeped? Is it a spoiler or something?

24. Ann S says:

I never said I didn’t believe anything he writes. I read because of good spoilers, but headlines like this? Sam put it well later on about being less of a journalist and more of an advertiser when the headlines are this blatantly misleading.

Ausiello, why? Why not just tell us some smattering of truth in the headlines instead of trying to be an eyeball w****? Oh right, more eyeballs means the site is succeeding. Sure. Try time on site as a better indicator of stickiness.

25. Jenny says:

This is so great!!! Thank you so much! I love this show, and it’s cast! I would love for it to live on forever!

26. VBarkley says:

Well, if Chuck gets million viewers on Friday nights, and all their other shows lose in the ratings, then maybe we’ll see season 6. I just don’t want Chuck to ever end. I love this cast!!!!!!

27. Marianne says:

Great interview Mike! It’s always a treat to see Chuck cast interviews because they have so much fun together and have so much chemistry. Will definitely miss seeing the Chuck crew but I’ll enjoy season 5 to the fullest! Sigh, I love this cast! And thanks Mike for all the Chuck support through the years!

28. Melinda says:

I’m wondering, why no Sarah Lancaster? Or does she just not “do” Comic-Con? I watched the panel and it seemed like there was an extra seat where a name card and microphone were removed, which is why most of the tags were a seat off and Vik didn’t get a mic.

• May says:

Sarah Lancaster is pregnant which is probably why she wasn’t there. She has attended the past few cons with the cast in previous years.

29. airhead says:

DON’T LEAVE, CHUCK!!! COME BACK FOR SEASON 6. why don’t more people watch this show?? everyone i know here in australia that i’ve made watch chuck LOVE it!

30. Chuck Junkie says:

My husband and I always watch Chuck – if we are not home we DVR. I hate to see it go away.

We also love Parenthood – we absolutely hate the who wants to be a Loser shows and the other “realistic” shows. These shows are for the trash.

31. CroatianFan says:

Season SIX or mass suicide! :D

32. Jenn says:

i got so emotional looking at the cast! I love this show! it’s been my monday life for the past 2 years! i started watching the show randomly 2 years ago… fell in love with it and had to buy all the seasons to catch up! now i’m a huge chuck fan and i made my friends also fall in love with this show! i’ve cried with the seasons and knowing that this is the end of a great show makes me teary already! good luck to all the cast, i know that we will always keep this great show in our memories and i know i will never get tired of watching over and over my dvd’s

good luck to them

33. Kayla says:

CHUCK 4 life!! i know i said i would be happy if they at least got a 5th and final season but i don’t want it to be the end and im going to ball my friggin eyes out when the last episode airs :'( i can’t believe, been a fan from the very beginning and will stay a fan 4 life!! (Have all the seasons on DVD and Ipod :) CHUCK FTW!!

34. Leonardo says:

I really love this series but i think they kind of lost the track, they said since the beggining that chucks brain was special, there was even an episode that people who tried to download the intersect has died from it, and on the fourth season almost anyone could have it, and now even morgan, thats dissapointing, they could at least explain… but i like the idea of morgan having the intersect as long as that dont diverge the main character of the main story :D
    really sad its going to end :(

35. Nat says:

I love Chuck and it is sad to see it end. The likely hood of Chuck getting a sixth season is thin, maybe it will get more episodes but at least we get to see the story line’s wrap up. Thank you NBC for giving us one more season of Chuck!!!

36. Zan says:

what abaut the sixth season?

37. Zan says:

why does it have to end?