Comic-Con

Big Bang Theory Cast on Emmy Rivalries, Wedding Drama and Sex For Sheldon

The cast of Big Bang Theory is so close-knit that even a professional pot-stirrer like me can’t tear them apart. But dammit if I didn’t give it the old college try when the hit sitcom’s ensemble — including Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar and Melissa Rauch — dropped by TVLine’s interview suite at Comic-Con over the weekend.

First I attempted to spark an Emmy feud between lead actor nominees Galecki and Parsons, to no avail. Then I grilled Cuoco about how she really feels about no longer being the ensemble’s lone female series regular, only to discover that she adores both Rauch and fellow full-timer Mayim Bialik.

I had more success getting the gang to spill a scoop or two about the upcoming fifth season, including the upcoming wedding between Howard and Bernadette, a possible turning point in Sheldon’s “romance” with Amy, and a 100th episode that, with any luck, will feature a cameo by a pop culture icon.

Loading video...

Comments (21)

• Great Interview !! Good Job

Comment by Greg – July 26, 2011 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really this just made my week! I love BBT and it’s nice to see that the cast really seems to like each other.

Comment by bluebonnetbelle – July 26, 2011 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best interview ever!! LOL! Re-watching the seasons this summer, it’s been so much fun! Just loving it!

Comment by KaitlynB – July 26, 2011 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you REALLY wanted to stir the pot, you should have asked them about working with Chuck Lorre. ;-)

Comment by Shaz – July 26, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Melissa is just too pretty! Absolutely adore this cast and the show, and I must say, the additions of Melissa and Mayim made for an even stronger season than the one before it. Everyone in this cast deserves an Emmy! And the fans deserve a Thanksgiving episode with both Leonard and Sheldon’s mothers!

Comment by Ryan – July 26, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! Please, give us an episode with both Sheldon and Leonard’s mothers. That would be amazing!

Comment by July – July 28, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME interview. i just love how they don’t take any question seriously and prefer to make fun of ausiello and each other.

Comment by jlk – July 26, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for this! Great interview! What a great cast. Awesome shirt, by the way.

Comment by Alex – July 26, 2011 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!! Awesome interview! All the cast (including Mayim) are amazing actors and seriously all deserving of recognition! I really hope they win best comedy because the show’s absolutely fantastic! I’m hoping to see Leonard’s mom again, and more crazy hijinks!

Comment by Mars – July 26, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In love with Melissa. Good interview! Really hope they win that Emmy – but they have stiff competition.

Comment by Sticks – July 26, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is my favorite Comic-Con interview! They are hilarious and fun. I am so glad they have gotten some Emmy love. Wonderful cast. I have to say, even though I knew that wasn’t Melissa Rauch’s real voice on the show, it threw me how different it is.

Comment by Amy – July 26, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adored this interview!!!

So awesome!!

Ahhhh I watched it like 3 times….

Comment by Sasha – July 26, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leonard Nimoy guest starred on Fringe, why not for you guys TBBT? OH SNAP, I went there. ;)

Comment by Anita – July 26, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was awesome! They are so funny!

Comment by C – July 26, 2011 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s absolutely wonderful to see the cast of my favorite show so close and having so much fun together. They have such great chemistry.

Comment by Pomita – July 26, 2011 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hilarious! I love them! Your interviews are amazing!

Comment by Jenny – July 26, 2011 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leonard Nimoy has a restraining order against Sheldon. We learned that during the Stan Lee episode.

Comment by Tia – July 26, 2011 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still hoping for a Val Kilmer / Gabe Jarrett episode and have Leonard, Sheldon et al from Cal Tech go up against Chris Knight and Mitch Taylor from Pacific Tech and “Real Genius”.

Or at least a nice little Dabney Eats It (DEI) reference

Comment by ShawnF – July 27, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HYSTERICAL! SEXUAL RELATIONS!?!? PHEW.

Comment by Mark C. – July 27, 2011 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kaley and Johnny’s body language

Comment by LM – July 29, 2011 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If some one desires to be updated with latest technologies therefore he must
    be go to see this website and be up to date everyday.

Comment by Fresher jobs – April 8, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post