Comic-Con

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, Spartacus, Bones, House, Chuck and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Do you have any new Vampire Diaries scoop? —Samantha
Ausiello:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is set to guest on the show!!!! Well, OK, not so much Buffy. But a vampire slayer, at least. The incoming character, named Eric (a nod to True Blood’s sexiest fanger?), is a middle-aged hottie who, from what I hear, is sorta like Indiana Jones with a stake instead of a whip. In possibly related news, check out what EP Julie Plec told us at Comic-Con when asked her if there were plans to introduce a baddie bigger than Klaus this season. “I would definitely say that Klaus isn’t the worst baddie that we’ve seen so far. It will be fun to see who’s going to steal his thunder eventually as we get deep into Season 3.” Hmm…

Question: Any spoilers on One Tree Hill? — Michael
Ausiello:
When Clay starts to sleepwalk, his attempt to remedy the situation (hint: illegal drugs!) puts Quinn in harm’s way (hint: gun gets pointed at her!). Elsewhere, after Julian forgets one of the twins in the car, Brooke is going to react in a big way (hint: gun gets pointed at him!). OK, just kidding about that last parenthetical. But she won’t be pleased!

Question: What’s Ashton Kutcher’s character on Two And A Half Men gonna be? – Latifah
Ausiello:
Not sure, but there might be a clue here: The show is casting the role of an Australian knockout in her late 20s to mid 30s to guest-star in the season premiere. Could this mean what I think it means?! Wait… I have no idea what that means. There’s no clue there. Drat.

Question: Since Castle started back filming last Thursday, got any spoilers for Season 4? —Danielle
Ausiello:
Look for Ryan and Esposito to get considerable more air time this season, something Jon Huertas confirmed to me at Comic-Con. One Ryan/Esposito-centric episode revolves around “a double date with Ryan/Jenny and Esposito/Lanie,” he revealed, “and things don’t go so well.”

Question: I just viewed the Spartacus: Vengeance teaser, and I’m thrilled about the upcoming new season! Any scoop? —Jenn
Ausiello:
The fifth episode is going to Blow. You. Away. “It is absolutely one of the biggest episodes we have ever done,” declares exec producer Steven S. DeKnight. “It’s just huge in terms of scope. And it has a shocking conclusion.” Episode 4 is no slouch either. “It’s a classic Spartacus episode on the villains and the heroes side,” teases the boss man. “We do something very different on the heroes side.” The eppy also contains what DeKnight calls “one of the absolutely hottest, most salacious watercooler sex moments” in the show’s history. The twist? “There’s no nudity in it,” he says. “But trust me people will be talking about that the next morning.”

Question: Did you get any updates on Andy Whitfield’s health while at Comic-Con? —Jim
Ausiello:
Sure did. “I heard he’s doing very well,” reports DeKnight. “I saw a recent picture of him and he looked fantastic.”

Question: Pawnee, Indiana is the greatest town in America, possibly the world. Any Parks and Recreation news, please? —Emma
Ausiello:
A certain Ghostbuster’s window of opportunity to play Pawnee’s oft-referred-to-but-never-seen mayor is about to close. “We’ve said before we really want Bill Murray to be the mayor, but he doesn’t seem to pay attention to the interviews we do, so we have to give up on that,” says exec producer Michael Schur. “There’s someone who was pitched in the room the other day that we think would be kind of amazing, but there’s no concrete plans right now. But I’d say it’s 50/50 that sometime this year we’ll meet the mayor.”

Question: Do you have any news about who’s going to replace Cuddy as House‘s new dean? —Renata
Ausiello:
I don’t. Personally, I’m hoping David Shore decides to promote from within rather than bring in someone new. Just putting that out there.

Question: Now that House has lost Cuddy (and maybe landed himself in prison), is there any chance of seeing Andre Braugher return as Dr. Nolan to help out favorite troubled diagnostician? We know he won’t have any conflicts with Men of a Certain Age now. —Steve
Ausiello:
No plans for Dr. Nolan to return, I’m told.

Question: What’s going on with Marg Helgenberger? Is she still planning to leave CSI this season? —Ilona
Ausiello:
She’s definitely leaving towards the end of the season — and I hear she’s going to get quite the send-off.

Question: Where’s the video clip of Lucy Lawless serenading you at Comic-Con? —Jen
Ausiello:
It’s coming. We were initially going to package it with the group interview, but decided it worked better as part of a special Con highlight reel. BTW, Lawless wasn’t the only Spartacus castmember to break out into song on TVLine’s couch.

Question: Since you have such a blast at Comic-Con every year, why not come to San Francisco in April (?) and have a blast with us at WonderCon? —Cheryl
Ausiello:
I’m intrigued by your suggestion. But what’s in it for me? Throw a proposal together and email it to AskAusiello@TVLine.com.

Question: Any Big Bang Theory scoop? The other day Kaley Cuoco said something really suspicious about being “fake pregnant” on Twitter. —Emma
Ausiello:
She then quickly squashed the buzz when she clarified via Twitter, “Penny is NOT pregnant. I repeat, NOT pregnant.” (She was instead referring to her Lifetime TV her role as Drew Peterson’s wife Stacy.) After all, it’s called The Big Bang Theory kids, not One Tree Hill.

Question: Heard of any plans to have Carla Gallo back on Bones this season? —Rex
Ausiello:
Yes. Gallo is slated to return as Daisy in Episode 3, per exec producer Stephen Nathan, who adds, “Daisy can’t live without her Lancelot.” True dat, true dat.

Question: As a daily TVLine reader, I would like to see some info about my new favorite show from last season, Happy Endings. —Felipe
Ausiello:
Well, since you’re a daily reader… In the new season, Dave (played by Zachary Knighton) will reunite with an old buddy, a fellow Frisbee golf (Frolf) aficionado named Glaze, and we’ll learn the reason they are old buddies instead of still buddies. (Hint: Alex’s skivvies might be involved.) In that same episode, it looks like we’ll also get to hear Dave sing. (Who knew?) In another episode, Penny (Casey Wilson) will have a Liz Lemon moment when, after becoming a home owner, she imagines herself dying alone in said home.

Question: The biggest scoop of all would be if you could tell us when Kyle Chandler is returning to television? —Harry
Ausiello:
Rumor has it the Friday Night Lights Emmy nominee has been offered every pilot under the sun, only to turn each and every offer down. “That’s not true,” Chandler humbly responds. He won’t deny, however, that he’s being very picky about choosing his FNL follow-up. “I’ve looked closely at what the next project will be,” he says. “You kind of have to. FNL went for five years. I certainly know enough now that if you’re going to climb into bed with one of these television shows and it becomes successful, you’re there for a while. When you’ve got [FNL exec producer] Peter Berg and other folks putting this thing together it’s a little bit easier. You knew you had quality people you were signing up with. I just did Super 8. I didn’t even see the script, but it’s quite obvious that’s pretty easy to do. So I am very considerate of what it is I do next. I listen to my gut for sure.”

Question: Thanks for the hilarious Comic-Con Q&A with James Roday and Dule Hill. Speaking of which, any scoop on the upcoming season of Psych? —Daniel
Ausiello:
WWE Superstar Mike ‘The Miz’  Mizanin will guest in an episode as Mario, a hotheaded, ‘bros before hoes’-type contestant on Missed Connections, a Bachelorette-type reality dating show where he competes for the affections of a woman he crossed paths with in the past but has never actually met.

Question: Any 90210 scoop not related to Naomi? —Ruby
Ausiello:
Dixon will launch a music career this season, and you’ll never guess who’ll guest-star as one of his new fans. Go ahead, hazard a guess. I’ll give you a hint: He’s got a very ****** ******!

Question: Any word if Mindy Kaling signed a new contract to continue on The Office? It sounded pretty bleak before the end of the season. —Matt
Ausiello:
Still no deal, which is odd since I heard she showed up for the first table read last week. (There’s also this.) Go figure.

Question: It’s really looking like Cas is going to be killed off in Episode 2 of Supernatural. Can you give us any hope at all that he’ll survive beyond that? —Tabitha
Ausiello:
Nope, and neither can his portrayer Misha Collins. “I would love to tell you [but] I’m not going to,” he told TVLine over the weekend at Comic-Con. “I don’t like to give away secrets…  You might see me a lot next year. If you have a poster of me on your wall, you’ll see me daily. But how much I’ll be on Supernatural is a secret. And I actually don’t know. That makes it easier to not tell you.” When we do see Cas, he will be “drunk with power,” reveals Collins. “He’s trying to do what he thinks a God should be doing on Earth and in Heaven, which is fairly righteous and wrathful. Rectifying the world’s problems. I think he’s making, in many respects, the world a better place. But there’s a fair amount of smiting going on too. You take the good with the bad.”

Question: Any Supernatural spoilers? Please? —Nic
Ausiello:
Look for Sam and Dean’s already difficult lives to get even tougher. After years of skirting the law, the boys are “starting to be found,” Jared Padalecki teased at Comic-Con, which means the Winchesters are “losing a lot of our aces in the hole.” Adds executive producer Ben Edlund, “We’ve been saying that they do things a certain way. Their techniques, their methods – they know what they’re doing. They know their job. They have their support networks. Those things in their lives are going to challenged.” Insert the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid feel showrunner Sera Gamble teased to us back in May, and, “They’re going to find themselves, in a sense, running from lots of guns,” continues Edlund. “The stuff they face this season, it’s massive.” But Edlund believes there’s still room for laughs. “There’s a natural absurdity to being on the air for seven seasons and the number of times they’ve died,” he says. “There’s a quality that’s going to lend itself to a little more ambient comedy this year.”

Question: There’s been a lack of scoops on Chuck recently! Anything you can give me? —Adam
Ausiello:
You already know from reading our Comic-Con recap that Casey is getting a new love interest/foil by the name of Gertrude Verbanski. The newbie runs what EP Chris Fedak calls “the best spy company in the world.” But what you may not know is that the just-released casting breakdown describes her as “tall, gorgeous and striking. She’s Miranda Priestly meets Lara Croft, with a rather wicked sense of humor.” Got casting tips? Hit the comments!

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Also, you can keep track of my scoops on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello. Thanks for playing! See you at Comic-Con! (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Comments (128)

• Please tell me they are NOT going to kill Catherine. She’s been on CSI since day 1. She can leave without being dead.

Comment by CM – July 26, 2011 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s the way I see it too. But hope Catherine gets a dignified send-off, maybe she has a health scare again then decides to leave and settle down. Do not kill Catherine!! :(

Comment by tahina – July 26, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please kill Catherine, I hate that character. I will not watch this show or any other CSI until they kill her.

Comment by Sally – July 27, 2011 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • CATHERINE IS THE BEST PLEASE DO NOT KILL HER OFF

Comment by WILLOWS 55 – July 31, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Catherine gets fired by Las Vegas after she has an affair with Greg.

Comment by Tego Livi – July 27, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I honestly think that quite the sendoff means that Grissom will be back, so I wouldn’t worry too much. But that’s just me.

Comment by Chelsea – July 26, 2011 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, that’s what I thought too. They’ve told us before that Grissom MIGHT make an appearance when Catherine leaves, and Marg herself said that she’ll leave but wanted an ending in which she could come back. I bet Catherine will just continue to live in Vegas and spends a little of that money her father left her. :)

Comment by maddie – July 27, 2011 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited much for Vampire Diaries :))))))))))))))

Comment by nenskei – July 26, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That Vampire Diaries scoop pisses me off a little. There’s a new vampire slayer in town. So, an older season one Alaric? Can we not just give season three Alaric a bloody story?

Comment by Vanessa – July 26, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alaric was NEVER a vampire hunter. He’s a teacher who studied vampires extensively in an attempt to figure out what became of his wife.

Comment by Bruce_F – July 26, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t see the need for a new character that fills a role that is essentially the same role that Alaric fills just with a different title. I wish Alaric had more to do as well. He was grossly underused last season.

Comment by Andy – July 27, 2011 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to roll my eyes at the TVD scoop. Seriously, now there’s someone worse than Klaus? wtf? First the biggest baddie in town was Damon, then Katherine, then Elijah, then Klaus, then someone else??? Is anyone really evil on this show?

Comment by joli – July 27, 2011 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree! They are really pushing it too far.

Comment by Mel – August 4, 2011 01:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There was no major scoop concerning Bones! We didn’t get a comic-con panel so I’m thinking they should at least give us something bigger than Daisy is coming back.

Comment by Ana Muller – July 26, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving those Supernatural spoilers. Thank you so much!!!

Comment by nicky – July 26, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! I hope Cas is DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!

Comment by Sivat – July 26, 2011 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh WOW what have I missed? I haven’t watched this show since the beginning of last season and Castiel was like my favorite character. I wonder if once I catch up with the show I will end up wishing his death as well! I NEED to go watch supernatural right now.

Comment by Ana Muller – July 26, 2011 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You need to watch every episode of 6th season! Mischa was brilliant as Cas, the finale will just leave you trembling!

Comment by TheFourthWinchester – July 26, 2011 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope Cas LIVES LIVES LIVES! Love him sooooo much.

Comment by Kelly – July 26, 2011 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Castiel needs a spinoff so losers like you can stop watching Supernatural and let out show go back to normal.

Comment by Sivat – July 27, 2011 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Word! KILL CAS!

Comment by pria – July 27, 2011 07:33 AM PDT
          • We need Cas on a lot with the boys. Forget the few oddball haters.

Comment by RK – July 27, 2011 07:50 AM PDT
          • The majority of Supernatural fans don’t like Castiel. Castiel fans are just yell a lot.

Comment by Sivat – July 27, 2011 12:49 PM PDT
  • Thanks for the Chuck scoop. Although I still prefer the idea of bringing back Ilsa from season 1 (Ivana Milicevic) to be Casey’s love interest, I would say this sounds like a Rebecca Mader role. Certainly she has the street cred to pull it off.

Comment by PJM – July 26, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. Also, spot on suggestion! I can see Rebecca Mader for this role as Gertrude Verbinski as well. She’ll certainly be a match against our John Casey.

Comment by Aiden – July 27, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh man just kill Castiel off already seriously. The God/Angels story swamped my fave show and I want to see Supernatural get back to the Sam and Dean of old, the days when a windego was a major deal and bloody mary gave them the spooks. Those were the days. Glad it’s going more Butch/Sundance because the angels just took over and it got old. Bring it Winchester boys, and bring it writers.

Comment by Luca – July 26, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Whereas I want to see more of Cas and Team Free Will. So please do not kill off one of the most interesting characters in the show. Someone who has sacrificed himself over and over again for the Winchesters. Someone Dean calls family.

Comment by Dilys – July 26, 2011 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I want my wubbie back! A drunk with power Cas is NOT Cas, it’s a new character. Just like Soulless Sam was not Sam. Also, windego? Bloody Mary? I like the angel/demon stuff better. Sorry, that’s just the way I feel.

Comment by Desdemona – July 26, 2011 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I prefer the show without the pose of God in it, i find it disrespectful of most religions…in the manner it is put out there. I can see a nice guardian angel watching over the boys…but put it back to them chasing werewolves, ghost, zombies, vampires, freaks of nature, just leave people posing as God out of it. The bible has one coming of God back to us and it shouldn’t be on a sitcom, I loved the show before they got to the big show down series…..and leave Cas…as a guardian angel that pops in to help out on some level… and sure God has a plan for them all and Lucifer (the devil) has a plan for people as well…but come on….too many people have personal beliefs on all that.I do believe in God and just don’t like to see religion portrayed as it is on the show lately…

Comment by Tindle – September 17, 2011 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • why don’t they hurry up and get those idiot winchesters off of Castiels show?

Comment by Joe – July 26, 2011 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have mixed emotions. I don’t mind the angels/demon story line, but I feel like it has run its course. Life for the Winchesters needs to change. I’m so glad it is. I don’t necessarily want to see Cas sacrificed to the need for change, but I do believe the show is ready for whatever may lie ahead. I love Misha and I love Castiel, but this show is about the Winchester brothers at its heart. Cas can stick around as long as the heart of the show isn’t screwed with any longer.

Comment by Melody – July 26, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly. I’d actually love them to introduce fresh new character and end the agels/heaven stuff that has gone for too long. MAYBE THEN WE CAN GET A HORROR SHOW BACK! Remember this shows used to be scary? Og how I miss that. “Saving people! Hunting things! The family business!”

Comment by Pete – July 27, 2011 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TOTALLY agree! I am so sick of Cas and this angels bullsh!t. Let’s move on and get back to telling mini-horror movies every week.

Comment by Sivat – July 26, 2011 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They’re not getting back to mini horror movies. We are getting a season of Sam’s PTSD while the brothers are on the run from the law. Those are the (not)exciting spoilers released to make fans eager for the show.

Comment by Jack – July 27, 2011 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s the over-arching storyline of the season. Each episode will be pretty much standalone monster-of-the-week fare again.

Comment by Sivat – July 27, 2011 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I hope so! I want some monser/hurban legens/saving folk stuff.

Comment by Patty – July 27, 2011 07:37 AM PDT
          • Not true–we have a big bad and arcs in the season. It’s not all boring stand alones. Thank god with your awful ideas you don’t write for the show.

Comment by RK – July 27, 2011 07:53 AM PDT
          • Awful ideas? Clearly you didn’t watch the show in the first three seasons, you stupid, stupid little man. And you call yourself a Supernatural fan!

Comment by Sivat – July 27, 2011 12:51 PM PDT
          • And SK, if you didn’t like the fun, scary standalone episodes, you just didn’t get the show. You are too dumb for Supernatural. Please take your bullsh!t and go watch something else.

Comment by Sivat – July 27, 2011 12:52 PM PDT
          • Sivat–you are just one of few exteme Cas haters that need to shout it all the time. The great majority like the whole cast including Cas. Just being a loudmouth idiot won’t convince the great majority. If you didn’t know people are turned off by haters. Just go bach to your tiny haters club. LOL.

Comment by RK – July 28, 2011 10:01 AM PDT
  • Eric? Isn’t there another middle-aged hottie called Bill, played by Jack Coleman?

Comment by cheerbear – July 26, 2011 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It thought it was him as well! I wonder if they have just changed the name of the character. Bill and Eric… hum, TB reference, anyone?

Comment by Lisa London – July 27, 2011 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it was clear from all the Comic Con videos we watched that Cas is not going to die in 7×02. That was the impression some journalists got as well – that Cas is going to have his own story. Besides, Ben Edlund used the word “arc” talking about Cas in one of his interviews, and an arc needs far more than 2 episodes to unfold.

Comment by Vasiliki – July 26, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • On no, please don’t say that. He needs to die already. Geez.

Comment by liria234 – July 27, 2011 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No–Cas needs to live and be redeemed eventually and join back with team free will.

Comment by RK – July 27, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack Coleman….!!!!!!!11

Comment by FuzzyBadBear – July 26, 2011 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, Lord. Daisy Wick is showing up again on “Bones”? Why?! (I know, I’m mean. But I’m so *not* a fan of this character.

Comment by Wendy – July 26, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, but really, would the pregnancy storyline be complete without knowing Daisy’s (most annoying) opinions on the matter? It should make for interesting pillow talk between her and Lancelot since Bones is idol.

Comment by Amy – July 26, 2011 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh, I don’t like her either. Sweets deserves better.

Comment by cibele – July 29, 2011 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m naming my first smurf child Ausiello.

Comment by Bianca – July 26, 2011 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I already named mine Aushole.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – July 27, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if the showrunners have any idea what is going to happen to Cas. Maybe the intent was to kill him off but the outcry was so great they decided he had to stay, but they haven’t figured out yet what to do with him. My guess is he will turn up from time to time, he just has too big a fan base to just kill of in episode two.

Comment by Jackie – July 26, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In keeping with the way the Supernatural writers and producers play with our minds, mislead us, and load their interviews with red herrings, I believe Castiel will still be around — but not as an angel. My theory is that after he gets through playing god, the real man upstairs punishes him by making him human. Sam and Dean will have a clueless, lost, and hapless puppy to deal with as a result of all of this. Hopefully, he will be somewhat housetrained at least!

Comment by Veronica – July 26, 2011 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t agree with your assessment of the SPN crew, but I will say I love the idea of human Cas sitting in the backseat of the Impala this season. Sign me up.

Comment by Nicole – July 27, 2011 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I might just comit suicide if that happens. LET CAS DIE!

Comment by kat – July 27, 2011 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I love the idea of a human Cas.

WANT! WANT! WANT!

Comment by Dilys – July 27, 2011 12:49 PM PDT
  • I vote Brenda Strong for Gertrude Verbanski!

Comment by Ellyn – July 26, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Mindy Kaling’s contract for writing for The Office?

Comment by Matt – July 26, 2011 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Buffy on TVD would possibly be the bes tthing, like, ever.

Comment by Sharon – July 26, 2011 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My original question was about Mindy Kaling WRITING for The Office this year and it was edited. What gives?

Comment by Matt – July 26, 2011 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s hope we see the last of Cas and the angel storyline. It is way past time they moved on. I hope for lots of Sam and Dean brotherly moments.

Comment by JM67 – July 26, 2011 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve been hoping for an end to the endless “something is wrong with woobie Sammy” saga for 4 years, and the show is still shoving that dead horse down my throat.

At least Cas is newer, but what would really surprise me and make me happy is if Dean actually had an arc all his own. Now that is something I would consider new and fresh.

Comment by sally – July 27, 2011 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Killing Catherine on CSI kills me as well! Don’t do it!

Comment by Josh – July 26, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gertrude Verbanski = Tricia Helfer

Comment by cacusc98 – July 26, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe. She was already on Chuck in Season 2 as the 49B that came in to evaluate Sarah, so that’s a little messy with casting.

Comment by Jeremiah – July 26, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think Catherine will die, Marg stated herself she didn’t want the character to die, and wants her departure to be to be mysterious and that’s hopefully what “quite the send-off” means hopefully

Comment by mes – July 26, 2011 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For Chuck, how about Gina Torres? And yes, I like this idea because it involves a Firefly reunion.

Comment by Bethany – July 26, 2011 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! She’d be perfect.

I’d also like to suggest Alexis Denisof for the vampire slayer on The Vampire Diaries.

Comment by Lindsey – July 26, 2011 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope there’s less Sam this season of Supernatural. Sam being the center of the storytelling is so. played. out. No more lost souls, hell flashbacks, drinking demon blood, blah blah blah. More Dean. More Cas. More Bobby.

Comment by Ginny – July 26, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS. Definitely more of the lovely Mr Singer. And…if they’re bringing Jo back – how about some more Ellen? LOVE HER.

Comment by Captain T – July 26, 2011 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This so much! I am so sick and tired of robot/demon/whatever!Sam, it’s old and so overdone you can smell the burnt scent. Seriously, if it were up to me, Cas wouldn’t be God, Dean would be well who he is and Sam would have been killed off before he decided to taste his first taste of demon blood. (Note: I loved Sam once, but thanks to the writers/crew I can’t stand his character and he needs to seriously cut his hair.)

Comment by goldenmonkey7 – July 26, 2011 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you miss the part where you’re watching Sammynatural?

Comment by lola – July 26, 2011 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I guess so. They call themselves supernatural fans but always spew hate on one of the 2 main characterd. While Cas is around we’ll always have hate from fanfreaks to deal with.

Comment by iMarty – July 27, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Cas fans have nothing to do with Sam hate. Sam hate existed long before Cas was ever around and it’ll continue to exist long after Cas is gone. In fact, Cas fans are far more likely to like Sam or not talk badly about him than Dean fans are.

Comment by Vasiliki – July 27, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Forget the Vampire Diaries’s Eric: What about THE REAL ERIC, the one from THE REAL vampire show? What about True Blood?!

Comment by TV fan – July 26, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pretty sure Jack Coleman signed up for this…

Comment by Lisa London – July 27, 2011 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry, I misread your post. Thought you were advocating AS for the role… Apologies.

Comment by Lisa London – July 27, 2011 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah but I thought Jack Coleman’s character’s name was “Bill”.

Comment by dref22 – July 27, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see Tina Majorino return to Bones this season!

Comment by Tee – July 26, 2011 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Tee All for it. Only in one episode and she still beat Daisy by a mile.

Comment by Wendy – July 26, 2011 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the musical guest on 90210 will be Kanye West,maybe.

Comment by Duece – July 26, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As one of Dixon’s fans? I think it’s Justin Beiber

Comment by Tina – July 26, 2011 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Just as long as it’s not Chris Brown.

Comment by Nicole – July 27, 2011 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited about Spartacus news. Although Andy’s health is old news. You can see that photo of him talked about all over the internet.

Comment by xav – July 26, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh no Wilson as DOM on House? Mike, dont get me started if that’s what you are implying “promote from within” , and Foreman ‘s no better!

Comment by tahina – July 26, 2011 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wilson – as a department head – could possibly be promoted. Foreman – no chance.
      Anyway, why does everyone assume that Cuddy will no longer be DOM. She could retain the position and just not be seen – unless or until she comes back for a possible guest star run later in the year (don’t dismiss that happening).

Comment by J.Norman – July 30, 2011 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for the update on Andy Whitfield. Very happy to hear he’s doing well.

Comment by aleksa – July 26, 2011 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On 90210 it will be justin timberlake, because he has a SEXY BACK!!!

Comment by fernando – July 26, 2011 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Dean and Sam, but Cas, Bobby, Crowley also are, are great.:D

Comment by TV – July 26, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More Ryan and Esposito? Yes, please! Also, meeting Pawnee’s mayor is going to be epic, so it better be an epic actor who plays him. Come on Bill Murray!

Comment by Amy – July 26, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, right? Doesn’t anyone connected to P&R have his 1-800 number? It would be amazeballs if they got him.

Comment by Nicole – July 27, 2011 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • am I the only one who noticed the Castle spoiler is a repeat from January http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/ask-ausiello-spoilers-on-house-the-office-glee-ncis-90210-bones-and-more/ ?

Comment by j – July 26, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You made my day the the Ryan and Esposito news. Love those guys!

Comment by Renee – July 26, 2011 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Ryan and Esposito, too! I’m very pleased to know they will have more screen time.

Comment by Ellen – July 27, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I can say is thanks! Thanks for actual scoop, given that you just worked Comic Con this weekend. The people over at WWK totally copped out, and posted links to all their Comic Con articles. It was lame. Thanks for being awesome!

Comment by Me – July 26, 2011 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The perfect match for Casey- How ’bout genre goddess Dina Meyer(Birds of Prey/Starship Troopers).

Comment by Anon – July 26, 2011 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For Casey on Chuck – Heidi Klum is my first reaction. Though Famke Janssen makes a wicked villian spy – Onatop!

Comment by Angel – July 26, 2011 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For goodness sakes, how many times will One Tree Hell have a storyline revolving around guns? Jimmy Edwards, Dan/Keith, Dan/Nanny Carrie, Quinn and Clay and the crazy chick, Brooke with the guy who attacked her at her store, Deb carrying around one [I think?] The show has lacked originality in such a long time. Thank God it’s ending. It’s overstayed its welcome for far too long.

From a former die hard fan

Comment by lorna – July 26, 2011 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A Bachelorette episode of Psych?? Win!!!

Comment by Tiffany – July 26, 2011 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, Dave and Alex are going to be together next season on Happy endings?

Comment by Jenna – July 26, 2011 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So they’re going to ditch Cas so that we can watch Sam and his chauffeur get chased by the cops again? Didn’t they do that in season 3 with the Henrickson side plot? Wow that’s some creative redundancy there writers. This show needs to be put out of its misery now.

Comment by lola – July 26, 2011 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI should end this season.

No Grissom and Catherine I’m out.

Comment by Vans – July 27, 2011 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I said that too, but I know I’ll keep on watching anyway, at least till Nick, Sara and Greg leave.

Comment by Frimi – July 27, 2011 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t say it often enough, Ashton Kutcher looks sleazy with this slimey hair and unshaved visage. Disgusting! Makes my skin crawl and I so love TAAHM, he will destroy it only with his bad look. :(((

Comment by Kerry – July 27, 2011 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. I seriously need Kyle Chandler back on my TV as soon as possible.

2. Misha Collins is hilarious. I love Cas but not drunk with power. Also are we done with the “absence of God” storyline now? Let’s be done. Someone above suggested that Cas should be turned into a human as punishment. That would be awesome. Can you imagine how exasperated Bobby would be with him? Exasperated Bobby is THE BEST. Also-more Ellen please!

3. Someone suggested Famke Janssen for Casey’s foe/love interest on “Chuck” and I just want to second that with a “hell yeah!” That is right on!

Comment by Sarah – July 27, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angel and Sarah, I agree! Famke Janssen on Chuck would be super cool!

Comment by Loni – July 27, 2011 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Every time I read that Cuddy won´t be in the show anymore I think if I really want to keep watching House. No one can replace her. It´s gonna be hard to watch. I´ll give the show a chance but I´m not excited about it anymore.

Comment by Susana – July 27, 2011 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Ausiello’s idea but I’m pretty sure I won’t watch anyway without Cuddy. Some people from the show seem to think everyone will be upset but will watch anyway. Just saying, I wouldn’t be so sure…..

Comment by Sue – July 27, 2011 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too, I won’t watch the show without Cuddy, I loved this character.

Comment by Christine – July 27, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved Cuddy. The show just won’t be the same without her and sadly I’ve decided not to continue with the series next season.

On a more pleasant note, thanks a bunch for the news on Castle and The Big Bang Theory. Ryan and Esposito are cool buddies and funny together. Looking forward to the new season. :)

Comment by Kate – July 27, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG Famke Janssen on Chuck would be amazing!

Comment by Jazz – July 27, 2011 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is everyone hating so much on Cas? If u don’t like the show, don’t watch it. I believe the writers know exactly what they’re doing. They impress every season and know how to write a good show. Let them do their jobs.

Comment by Stephanie – July 27, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would really like to see THE TRICKSTER return to SPN!! I miss his character a lot. RICHARD SPEIGHT JR. is a great actor and person.
    He has SO MANY fans at the CONS. So why isn’t he good enough for the show???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Comment by Nancy – July 27, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @ RK i agree i would love to see the fantastic four back together =) @nicole you can sign me up with that idea too HUMAN CAS would be awesome =D

Comment by cas ryan – July 27, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post