Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: SVU Alum Joins CBS' A Gifted Man

CBS’ A Gifted Man is adding another TV vet to its rotation.

Mike Doyle, best known as Law & Order SVU‘s late forensics tech Ryan O’Halloran, is joining the new medical drama in the potentially recurring role of Dr. Victor Lantz.

Doyle’s recent credits include a recurring gig on FX’s acclaimed boxing drama Lights Out (where he also played a medicine man) and a supporting role in Green Lantern.

It’s the second major piece of Man casting in less than a week. On Friday, TVLine broke news that Entourage‘s Rhys Coiro was checking in as Dr. Zeke Barnes.

Man, which premieres Friday, Sept. 23, stars Broadway vet Patrick Wilson as an ultra-competitive surgeon whose life is turned upside down when his dead ex-wife starts visiting him from the hereafter.

Comments (14)

• Awesome I love him he was awesome on SVU Ryan O’Halloran is one great actor best of luck to him! :)

Comment by Izzy – July 26, 2011 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I forgot half of my post LOL I meant Mike Doyle is an awesome actor his character was great on SVU….. Thats what happens when u type way to fast lol

Comment by Izzy – July 26, 2011 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL Izzy I agree with you completely. Mike was fantastic on SVU and I was sad to see his character killed. But I’m really glad he’s keeping busy as he’s a very talented actor.

Comment by Tisha Look – July 27, 2011 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love him!

Comment by xav – July 26, 2011 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mike is awesome in everything he does. Just caught him in the Green Lantern and he was awesome. The movie would have just been even better with more of him and the Jordan family. He lopks so great on camera. We need to be seeing more and more of him!

Comment by Norm – July 26, 2011 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this guy. Can’t believe he doesn’t have his own show yet. Flawless in everything I have seen him in.

Comment by vinny – July 26, 2011 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see him. Sounds like a cool show.

Comment by Papi – July 26, 2011 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was already planning on watching A Gifted Man but this makes it better. I miss O’Halloran (Damn you Stuckey!) on SVU.

Comment by Sarah – July 27, 2011 04:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto! This is great news.

Comment by Lorie – July 27, 2011 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay! I’ll have to check this out now! I was so sad when he got killed on svu…

Comment by Mars – July 27, 2011 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s HOT! Glad he found life after SVU. But I still really miss O’Halloran.

Comment by Ashley – July 27, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree! Mike Doyle is very HOT! And an amazing actor! He does need his own show!

Comment by Paiton – July 27, 2011 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How great! I also just saw him in green lantern and wished his character had been given more air time. He really is so talented!

Comment by Ronnie – July 28, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah… he’s back on primetime! Loved him in SVU– can’t wait!

Comment by Jill – August 9, 2011 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post