Fall TV Preview

Blue Bloods Scoop: Lie To Me's Monica Raymund Reports for Duty

Blue Bloods‘ Jamie Reagan (played by Will Estes) has copped himself a pretty new partner for Season 2 — and she’s being played by Lie to Me alum Monica Raymund.

TVLine has confirmed that Raymund will appear in multiple episodes of CBS’ multi-generational family/crime drama as Leah Sosa, an accomplished rookie police officer who gets assigned to Jamie when his previous partner, Renzulli (Nick Turturro), gets bumped up the ranks to fill in as platoon commander.

Blue Bloods Cues Up Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett to Just Duet

How does Jamie take to his new partner in crimesolving? Rather well, you will see, as it is established that they knew each other back at the Academy.

On Fox’s three-season Lie to Me, Raymund played Ria Torres, a onetime TSA agent whom Tim Roth’s Cal recruited to join his team of human lie detectors.

Blue Bloods Scoop: Broadway Vet Cast as Erin’s BFF!

Blue Bloods kicks off its sophomore run on Friday, Sept. 23, at 10/9c.

Comments (14)

• Does this mean that Turturro and his horrible accent are out of the picture for good? Yay!

I loved Monica on Lie to Me; I hope Kelli Williams and Brendan Hines find new jobs soon.

Comment by abc123 – July 25, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right! I can see Kelli WIlliams on House as the new Dean of Medicine. Just perfect! Glad for Monica, hope she stays as a regular too. :)

Comment by tahina – July 25, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Now that’s a really bad idea. Kelli Williams doesn’t suit the role of a career woman, she looks better as a housewife (like the disturbed one she portrayed on Criminal Minds) and House fans don’t really need another reason to NOT watch the show any more.

Comment by indy – July 25, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Dumbest comment ever. Kelli Williams played a Lawyer for five years on “The Practice” another Lawyer on “The Lyons Den” and a doctor on “Medical Investigation.” She can play the role of career woman quite well and has been since 1997.

Personally, I think she would be perfect to fill in as the new Dean.

Comment by Dav – July 26, 2011 04:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nick Tuturro was born and raised in Queens New York. What horrible accent are you talking about??

Comment by Lady C – July 27, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This just might getting me watch that show. It was a little too ‘white man’s burden’ for me but I absolutely adore Monica.

Comment by xav – July 25, 2011 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry Blue Blood started off as as high concept show with mild aspiration then it turned to a typical cop and robbers show. The only that kept me watching was the Blue Templar plot. It turned out to not get fleshed out and ended horribly contrived. I will not be returning for season 2. The only crime dramas i can depend on are Southland, Justified and The Closer.

Comment by George – July 27, 2011 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kinda disappointed. I loved Renzulli.

Comment by kelly – July 25, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not crazy about this actress, but I wish Lie To Me could be somehow magically picked up by a different network and continue with better script (like the first 2 seasons, not the 3rd!)

Comment by indy – July 25, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved his first partner. Not too crazy about Raymund.

Comment by flounder – July 25, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do murder, seduction and betrayal inside the NYPD. There’s a reason why they called it “The Brotherhood”.

Comment by Brando – July 26, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Renzulli. I hope his promotion doesn’t mean we’ll see less of him.

Comment by Bella – July 26, 2011 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HATE THIS IDEA.. WHY DO THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO MALE/FEMALE TEAMS. I LOVED MATT WEBB MITOVICH

Comment by JULIE – July 2, 2012 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post