Comic-Con

Castle @ Comic-Con: Season 4 Sneak Peek, Call for Ghostbusters, 'Who's the Daddy?' Mystery

Castle fans on hand for the ABC hit’s San Diego Comic-Con panel were treated to — wait for it — the first scene from the Season 4 premiere (airing Sept. 19)! It featured a bleeding Beckett being wheeled into a hospital, clinging to life thanks to the help of her best friend, Lanie.

“I’m very overwhelmed by looking at that scene,” Tamala Jones, who plays Lanie, told the Comic-Con crowd after the screening. “It was very emotional the whole day because my friend’s dying and I’m trying to help save her. I had to stay in the mindset of death all day long.” That said, she promises that the outcome “is really going to be more epic than the season finale” itself. OK, we are so there.

Comic-Con Video: Nathan Fillion Previews the ‘Repercussions’ of Castle‘s Love Confession, and the Season Premiere’s Big Fight

Other snippets of scoop from the panel discussion, which also includes on its dais cast members Nathan Fillion, Jon Huertas (aka Esposito), Seamus Dever (Ryan) and Molly Quinn (Alexis):

Who You Gonna Call? | A big, awesome, geektastic Halloween episode of Castle in the works, and it’s going to be Ghostbusters-themed! “It’ll be really cool,” Quinn — who dressed for the day as Firefly‘s Mal! — previewed. “The only thing I can imagine for this episode is that it’s gotta have an elusive killer, someone that vanishes and then reappears.”

Castle Scoop: 24 Baddie Is the New Boss

Look, Up in the Sky…. | “There’s going to be an episode coming up with a bit of a superhero theme,” Fillion revealed. Scheduled for Episode 2 of the fourth season, it involves a masked vigilante and a comic-book store crime. (Pretty cool news to come out at Comic-Con, of all places.)

Best of the Best (Men) | Dever says that hopefully Kevin and Jenny “will be heading toward some matrimony.” As such, expect lots of wedding planning, a bachelor party, and “fighting for the best man spot” between Castle and Esposito.

Big Girl’s Don’t Cry | What’s in store for young yet maturing Alexis in Season 4? “She’s going to be voicing a lot of her opinions,” Quinn said. “Now that her dad is actually enjoying chasing down killers… I don’t know if Alexis is too happy about that.” The starlet also teased that Castle’s little girl will be applying to Stanford and juggling a serious relationship with a new beau.

Will a Firefly Reunion Fly? | “I’m always bucking for it,” Fillion said when asked if any of his former sci-fi fam will ever appear on Castle. “I’m always trying. But I want something juicy and amazing for them.” Fillion did wrap up his sentiment by saying, “Soon. Soon,” so take that for what’s it’s worth.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Castle‘s Twisty Premiere, and More

X Marks the Spot | Castle superfans may want to go back and watch last season’s X-Files-themed ep, as Fillion noted there is “a big or small ‘X’ in every scene “

Book Report! | Get those Kindles ready: Heat Rises aka the next Nikki Heat novel is coming out this October.

Heavenly Fathers | With rumors buzzing that we’re finally meet Castle’s long-lost pop this season, the cast shared their perfect picks. Huertas suggested White Shadow‘s Ken Howard and Jones went with Christopher Walken, while Quinn said, “Susan Sullivan recently said to me, ‘What if I turned out to be Castle’s dad?”

Tags: , ,

Comments (32)

• I was hoping for Stana to show up; guess she still on vacations somewhere. Who knew two of my all time favorite shows mentioned here, Catle and The X-files! X marks the spot?? :)

Comment by nitemar – July 24, 2011 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, Stana isn’t on vacation since she was at the Batman Panel Friday. She hasn’t given a reason why she was unable to attend.

Comment by draco inferno – July 24, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m willing to bet Stana couldn’t attend because of a scheduling conflict or because the show runners told her not to, since we’re all supposed to be worried about whether or not her character will live.

Comment by Nev827 – July 24, 2011 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • stana was at comic-con, but could only attend on friday on the batman: arkham city panel… nonetheless, i am as disappointed as you are. some argue it would have been awkward for her to be there since her character was in near-death at the end of last season?

Comment by thumper – July 24, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I think they’re trying to keep the tension/suspense up by leaving her out of the promotional appearances. Probably a good idea, makes people really anticipate her onscreen return.
        Funny thing is, even though the show is called “Castle” I’m more interested in the Beckett character and it seems more storylines actually revolve around her. Stana has achieved a LOT of job security if I do say so myself. :)

Comment by Alicia – July 25, 2011 12:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Frankly, to me it looks like “Castle” doesn’t seem to be overly high on her list of preferences. She hardly ever posts or twitters about it, it’s all about her movie projects and photo shoots. I guess “Castle” merely provide for bread and butter while she pursues artsier projects which are closer to her heart.
        Which is SO sad because she is AMAZING as Beckett – well, she’s amazing at everything she does.

Comment by Fae – July 25, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think its that exactly, because the show gets more than enough publicity from Nathan and the team, with the Nikki Heat books, the Richard Castle website, the Derek Storm stuff etc too much publicity could be a bad thing.

Comment by Nat – July 26, 2011 01:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Also, a lot of the promotion of Castle aside from Nathan’s interviews has been in the mindset of making Richard Castle appear real. If they’re going for “these are real people” then having Beckett do promotions wouldn’t make sense.

Castle’s the peacock, Beckett’s a cop. Makes sense that her promotional stuff would be limited if that’s the feel they’re going for.

Comment by Noelle – July 26, 2011 05:43 PM PDT
  • oh my god i cant wait!!! sadly i wasn’t at comic-con so i didn’t get to see the first scene, really disappointed i missed it! i bet it will b a great season as usual!!!!

Comment by Sophie – July 24, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You can watch it at YouTube, although in poor quality.

Comment by Janine – July 24, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, I can’t wait for video from the panel to be on YouTube. But more importantly, I can’t wait for season 4 to start!

Comment by Nicole – July 24, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yep, I just died.

Comment by Zala – July 24, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Sneak Peek was awesome! Tamala Jones was awesome! But a little too short…
    Can’t wait for Season 4 to start!

Comment by Janine – July 24, 2011 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After I watched the sneak peek I nearly died. Cannot wait for Season 4. Come on September 19th

Comment by K – July 24, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ken Howard as Castle’s father? Very intriguing. And I SO hope he gets someone from Firefly to guest. That would be brilliant…and totally shiny!

Comment by Nev827 – July 24, 2011 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m thinking Christopher Plummer as Castle’s dad???!!

Awesome actor.

Comment by nakedheat2356 – July 28, 2011 03:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think that Mr. Plummer might be a little to old (he’s 82 now) to play Rick’s dad. I picture his dad having the same general physical characteristics, tall, broad shouldered…John O’Hurley comes to mind. He’s a bit of a “silver fox” and I could imagine Martha and him together….

Comment by Lady C – July 29, 2011 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If Howard was Castles father that means that Jordan adn Castle are brother and sister…hmmm.

Comment by BubbaJ – September 9, 2011 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to the season. Not big on gimmicks, but anytime “Ghostbusters” can be feted, I’m going to watch. And I trust the team behind Castle to do it right.

Comment by Timothy McNeil – July 24, 2011 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited, I would like have been at the panel, too bad I couldn’t. There were so many things revealed! I just died.
    I’m kinda embarrassed, but I couldn’t understand what Molly said in the end:
    “Susan Sullivan recently said to me, ‘What if I turned out to be Castle’s dad?”
    What does it mean?

Comment by MPaz – July 24, 2011 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it’s a cute joke. you know, like going around the whole ep trying to ”catch” the mysterious dad, which turns out it’s just a joke from the mum. it’s cute.

Comment by l – July 25, 2011 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Isn’t that a “South Park” reference? When Cartman was trying to find out who his dad was, turned out to be his mom was his dad? How do I know that? Stupid wine… making me remember stuff.

What if Shepard/Ron Glass was Castle’s dad? Genetics work in funny ways…

Comment by Kim – July 25, 2011 12:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christopher Walken! hands down! (if not, I’m rooted for Micheal Caine.

Comment by l – July 25, 2011 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • man, that hallway in the preview was loooong.

Comment by sarah – July 25, 2011 04:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ted Danson would be a good pick I think. Ages are right (24 year diff) and both have such a dry sense of humor.

Comment by CatInthehat – July 25, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • plus….can’t you just see how Susan Sullivan and Ted Danson would play off each other with Nathan in the middle? lol

Comment by Catinthehat – July 25, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Danson’s gonna be tied up working on CSI NY

Comment by Lady C – July 29, 2011 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It might be fun to see Susan Sullivan reunite with Peter Strauss from Rich Man, Poor Man. He’s old enough to be Castle’s dad and still plenty charming and handsome to boot!

Comment by Cynthia – July 25, 2011 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GUYS THIS IS THE PREVIEW!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkUmynUdzwc

Comment by Megs – July 25, 2011 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for the new season.

I vote for Jewel Staite as a recurring annoying policewoman.

Comment by Kath – July 25, 2011 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you could always just replace the entire cast with that of the cast of firefly. I would still watch it.

Comment by TJCrinc – August 5, 2011 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • maybe they can make an episode for Morena Baccarin (Inara Serra of Firefly) where she is the suspect and heavily flirts with castle but never does anything, just like on firefly.

Comment by TJCrinc – August 5, 2011 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post