Comic-Con

Zachary Levi Shares His 'Profound' Reaction to Chuck's Ending, Promises Much Heart in Finale

As funny as NBC’s Chuck can be, you might want to fetch a singular Kleenex before cuing up our Comic-Con video Q&A with series lead Zachary Levi.

Yes, as always, Levi has great, teasing fun with us — parsing out scoops like top-secret CIA intel — but there’s also a part where he reflects on the “profound, somber” moment when Chuck‘s “numbered days” status really hit him.

Chuck @ Comic-Con: Final Season Spies a Break-Up, Big Death, Star Wars Vet, and More

That poignant memory is offset by a hilar moment just prior, when Levi shares a sneak peek at Agent Bartowski’s valiant death scene. A hypothetical fate, surely.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Chuck‘s First Last Mission, and More

So, if not (we hope) a hero’s death for Chuck, what will the final run of 13 episodes bring? “A lot of heart,” its star promises. But enough from us — press play, now.

Loading video...

Comments (32)

• That sounds epic!

Comment by Kay – July 23, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for this show to come back, but I hope they use the remaining episodes to focus on the core 3 (Chuch, Sarah and Casey) and not so much on the Nerd Herders. Jeffster has had a few good moments, but their lunacy is getting old.

Comment by Melissa – July 23, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s too late for that. looks like the focus in the final season will be on Morgan and honestly speaking I am a little bummed about that :(

Comment by chuckfan80 – July 23, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah not looking forward to more Jeff either.

Comment by Michelle – July 23, 2011 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally agree with you both, it was Chuck, Sarah and Casey that made me fall in love with Chuck, it needs to be them at the end. Morgan’s great, and sure he should be a part of it, but it feels wrong that he’s getting so much focus in the very last episodes :|

That aside though, I’ll watch Chuck no matter what, and like Adam Baldwin, I still have the feeling that it’s not the end.. despite what my brain is trying to tell me :D

Comment by Ella – July 23, 2011 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • same too. I have a feeling that this is not the end. There might be a spin off someday.

Comment by kea – July 26, 2011 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree 100%, Gomez said @ Comic Con that his schedule is as much as Zac’s so I am a little upset. “Back to the basics” per Josh and Chris, but the basics are Casey, Sarah and Chuck….not Morgan.
          I also heard that Chuck is a little jealous that Morgan has the intersect. I would have been pissed and can the glasses only be used once????

Comment by Em B – July 26, 2011 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you!

Comment by Bryan – July 25, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. Though I’ve never been able to stomach Lester. Not sure if it’s the actor or the writing, but he gives me the skeevies every time he’s on camera.

Comment by Lisa – July 23, 2011 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i only cried once with tv show, Scrubs, but i bet i’m gonna cry in the final episode. (actually i cried several times watching tv, but it was always watching scrubs)

Comment by João Amaral – July 23, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I share that same experience! Scrubs always managed to get me crying, especially during their finales. This and Friends are the only shows that got me to.
      However, pretty sure Chuck is gonna be added to that list. I mean, the Comic Con panel was emotional enough and season 5 hasn’t even begun. I can’t even imagine how much of a mess I’ll be during that last Chuck day.

Comment by Chris – July 23, 2011 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve cried during several other shows, but the only finale that has ever made my cry is the Scrubs one (the season 8 one, not the dodgy season 9) and I agree, I’ll probably cry during the Chuck finale too! I just hope that that them knowing ahead of time will allow them to write one amazingly awesome final episode

Comment by airhead – July 25, 2011 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael, I love your shirt that is AWESOME!!!!

Comment by Christa – July 23, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too, its shiny ^^

Comment by e – July 24, 2011 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Is it suppose to look like the wearer is some kind of robot?

Comment by me – July 24, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s Darth Vader’s chestpiece. Your geek cred card has been revoked! ;-)

Comment by Shaz – July 25, 2011 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw, man, I just love this guy. Oodles of heart, indeed! But someone please tell Zach he doesn’t have to be such a “dude bro!”

Comment by AJ – July 23, 2011 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never get tired of saying this: I love this man!

I really can’t wait for next season..but as most of you I really hope it dosen’t just focus on Morgan..cause I could not live with out my Chuck/Sarah fix..jaja

Great interview!!

Comment by Mdz – July 23, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow Zach looks so hot. I can’t wait for more Chuck and I love and totally agree with the closure/building of a show only to have it cancelled

Comment by torontogirl98 – July 23, 2011 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zac Levi may be one of my favorite show leading men ever. He’s the biggest fan of the show and its fans. I’d really hate to say goodbye to Chuck. I’ll be as choked up as Zac when the end comes. I’m looking forward to Season 5 nonetheless, though!

Comment by Aiden – July 23, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Zach. Don’t worry. I got all your DVDs. I will pass on your legacy to my future children^^

Comment by kristine c. – July 23, 2011 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So bittersweet with Chuck’s final season, but I’m looking forward to seeing the gangs shenanigans.

Comment by mj – July 23, 2011 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg I am so in love with Zachary Levi. I don’t know what I’m going to do without my weekly fix of him. aaahhhhh </3

Comment by tiavro – July 24, 2011 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *wistful sigh* I could listen to him talk forever….

Comment by Jersey – July 24, 2011 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg he is so amazing.i love zac! love his sensitivity!!!

this is truely the best show i have ever seen. love it and it is sooo bitter sweet that its coming to an end!

Comment by simone – July 24, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • =’( I cried watching videos of the comic con, I wanted so bad to be there and it was Chuck’s last panel…

Comment by Brunna – July 24, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck’s impending final season is getting me depressed already. Plus, I don’t think it will be as good as the previous seasons in terms of the original trio’s dynamic because Morgan is the Intersect now. I just hope that he doesn’t become the focus of the show this season because that will ruin it, and I really don’t want that

Comment by airhead – July 25, 2011 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow..can’t believe its Chuck’s last season. Five years was way too fast. I’ll keep all my DVDs for sure just like i keep all of my Star Wars Dvds..Even if Zachary will be appearing on giant hit movies someday, i won’t forget him as CHUCK. THis guy really knows how to give love to his fans..
    Quite excited for Season 5!!! Charah all the way!!!

Comment by kea – July 26, 2011 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont think Morgan is going to have the intersect all season, OR Chuck will also have it at sometime.. They got everyone in a tizzy which is awesome!

Comment by Carol Sylvester – July 26, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ah our lovely chuck :(((

Comment by madde – July 26, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG so excited to see season 5 and how it all goes down but at the same time i don’t want it 2 start as well cuz that means we’re closer to CHUCK ending and that’s just horrible so it is bittersweet as Zach said :( but Chuck will always be my #1 show and love zachary levi soo much!! He’s so hot in a cute way lol <3 i'm going 2 miss this amazing cast and incredible joy that has kept me captivated every season!! Chuck 4ever!!

Comment by Kayla – July 28, 2011 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A little Morgan goes a long way but F&S have made some big errors that have hurt the show–fortunately the show survived Shaw, Sarah’s name change (are they legally married?) a few break ups and a couple of Sarah’s lovers (Brice/Shaw), change of who can absorb the intersect (almost anyone?)and a lot of angst the first 3 seasons. But the remaining fans have helped it to survive. (College Humor did not help Strahovski’s wholesome image) Hopefully the show will end on a high note–I really do not trust F&S.

Comment by L8022 – July 30, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post