Glee's All-Time Best Finale: 'Don't Stop Believing' Vs. 'Unpretty/I Feel Pretty'

When the Glee All-Time Best Musical Number Bracket Tournament kicked off on June 30, we had 64 top-notch competitors entering TVLine.com’s candy-colored steel cage. Now, we’re down to just two.

Yes, folks, it’ll either be “Don’t Stop Believing” or the “Unpretty”/”I Feel Pretty” mashup that will earn bragging rights as the greatest song-and-dance number in the two-season history of Fox’s smash high-school dramedy. The choice is yours. Do you prefer the incredibly rousing New Directions number that started it all, or the affecting Season 2 duet that showed just how powerful a mashup can be?

Voting for the finals will last 72 hours. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorite, then hit the comments to justify your pick.

And if you’re interested in how we narrowed the field from 64 down to two finalists – click here to check out the entire 64-player bracket (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Comments (817)

• I get why the Faberry shippers vote for IFP/U. When Faithfully was up against IFP, I voted for Faithfully because I like Finn/Rachel. I’ll admit IFP/U is a better song, but Faithfully made me happier because it was my ship. That’s my vote, I’ll do with it what I will.

Just like I’ll now vote for IFP/U because I like it more than DSB. DSB isn’t Finchel, it’s a group number. Finchel forever, but I’ll give my props to IFP/U for being a better SONG.

Comment by Finchelrules – July 26, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finally, a Finchel fan who understands. Thumbs up! Boo yeah.

Comment by FinchelFan #1 – July 26, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m a huge Finchel fan but voting between I Feel Pretty/Unpretty and Faithfully was SO hard! I think I ended up voting for I Feel Pretty/Unpretty because I relate to it more and the way the mashup was conducted surprised me in a very good way. Faithfully, however, is better than the original version of the song by far and is an amazing duet.

This choice was really easy for me, though. DSB is an overplayed, overrated song – it may have a good message (sort of) but it’s unoriginal and starts to grate on you after a while. I enjoy the song occasionally, but often when it comes up on my iPod I’ll skip it and wait until later (I leave the Regionals version half the time and the Pilot version maybe 1 out of 15 times). I listen to I Feel Pretty/Unpretty every time. Some days on repeat, depending on my mood. I like it better.

Comment by F – July 26, 2011 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m a Faberry shipper, but seeing you guys saying stuff like that fills me with joy. I really don’t understand why it’s considered forbidden to love a song if it’s not your ship that’s singing it.
          Yes, I adore IFP/U, partly because Quinn and Rachel are singing, but mostly because it’s an awesome mash-up. I also loved Faithfully and Need You Now and a bunch of other songs that have nothing to do with Faberry. Glee is a show about music and I find it ridiculous that you have to justify why you love any song instead of simply enjoying the work these people do.

Comment by Octopus – July 26, 2011 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DSB is a Lea song with Cory as main backup.

Comment by Jane – July 27, 2011 11:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! My favorite song from the entire Glee series won! I was so upset in the earlier rounds that it went against my second fave song (Defying Gravity), but this makes up for it. :)

Comment by Leicester – July 27, 2011 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So… what now?

Comment by Just Wondering – July 27, 2011 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If DSB was so great then why isn’t it winning?

THINK ABOUT IT.