Fringe Scoop: Anna Torv Tackles the Peter Question and Her Own Big Season 4 Dilemma

It is the question that’s been driving Fringe fans bat-you-know-what crazy all summer long: Is Joshua Jackson’s Peter gone for good?!

I suspect we’ll get some kind of answer on Saturday afternoon, when the Fox drama holds its Comic-Con session. Until then, check out the video Q&A I conducted with leading lady Anna Torv at TVLine’s interview suite on Friday as there may be some clues. (Emphasis on may.)

Loading video...

Want Fringe Scoop and Spoilers 24/7? Follow Me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Comic-Con, Fall TV Preview, News, Scoop, Spoilers, Video

1. Jon says:

She’s so beautiful and such a talented actress! I’m still pissed Fringe, Anna and John didn’t get their more-than-deserved Emmy nominations.

Can’t wait for the Fringe panel. Too bad I couldn’t be there this year :(

2. JG says:

Oh, Anna. Seriously, could this woman be more awesome? Can’t wait for S4 to start. :)

3. Myself says:

I have a friend with hearing problems and she gets incredibly frustrated every time she has to ask me what’s in the videos. Would a transcript/little summary be too much to ask? :(

4. Kate says:

Great interview. I can’t wait til the show returns!

5. ML says:

She’s great. Interesting to hear her talk about having to play the 2 characters and how she’d deciding how she wants to shoot those scenes.

6. Fergus says:

She’s so lovely! Can’t wait for s4.

7. quantumx says:

Anna Torv is amazing!

8. David says:

I hope this won’t be the last season, it would suck to have both Fringe and Chuck end during the same season cycle.

• RJ says:

yeah :( when he asked her about them being heavier on the mythology and catering more to fans, I was sitting there shaking my head cuz I think the only way to get the viewership back up from 2-3M to where it was originally, around 6-9M, is to have those more standalone plotlines…. I hope the writers realize this…. if this is indeed a large reason why the viewership has gone down so much. This show deserves to run about as long as the X-Files (if not longer…I can always dream :P)

• Marieke says:

So, you’re basically implying that you want the show to be less good – in order for it to get more viewers? *headshake*

I’d love a season 5, but first I’m going to enjoy season 4. The 1,5 years of Fringe have been of such amazing quality and I’m sure the coming year will be too!

• Sarah says:

I totally agree. I can’t wait for season 5 of Chuck but I aslo know that I’m gonna miss this show. So it can’t be the end of Fringe, it would be too much for my heart ! x)

9. Mena says:

I adore Anna Torv! She’s such an awesome, classy, charming gal. FRINGE is the show that I’m most excited to see return this fall.

10. Mae says:

Man, she’s gorgeous!!!

11. Mandy says:

LOVE her! I love interviews with her because we see her smile and laugh. Like someone said she is charming and so smart. Can’t wait for the Fall. Thanks for the fab Comic-Con coverage!

12. Andy says:

Damn she is such a beauty! Love her, Love Fringe!

13. Sarah says:

Anna! I just love her so much. My cheeks hurt from smiling. My birthday is the day after the S4 Fringe premiere. BEST GIFT EVER.

14. Malcom says:

Great interview. I remember the interview from last year and was just blown away at it. It’s so great to see actors/actresses so invested and excited about their show and how much it means to them. It just makes me that much more of a fan because to me, that kind of reaction is rare.

Here’s to many more seasons of Fringe.

15. Rachel says:

might be nice if the video actually played

16. Kristen says:

I think I missed half of what Anna Torv said because did… did your shirt just blink? That. Is. Adorable.

17. Sharon says:

I loved how you flat-out asked, “So what happened to Peter?” Best delivery ever.

18. Sean Flynn says:

I’ve been watching ever since Fringe was about to make its premier at ComicCon a few years ago. I’ve watched every episode faithfully. And although I thought the show good–very good, even!–I often found myself saying out loud to myself at the end of episodes: “God, I miss Scully!” I don’t say that anymore, even though The X-Files has been and will be #1, Fringe has come into its own.

God job guys! looking forward to Season 04.

PS: I HEART Anna! <3

• Gary says:

I really enjoyed X-files, especially the occasional tongue-in-cheek humor. Unfortunately, the last season was lame and never should have been taped.

19. RKron says:

I wouldn’t mind being a shoulder double for Anna…even though I’m a man. Just give me a leather jacket and Altliva’s wig.

20. Eric Reyes says:

Marry me Ana!! You are my dream woman!

21. Calyx says:

She’s so lovely, amazing actress.60 more until Fringe, cannot wait!!!

22. Calyx says:

*days*

23. josh says:

She’s stunning. Im in love. Cant wait for Fringe to return to Australia. Smartest show in years.

24. stacey says:

oh my, she could not be any more awesome!

25. FringeFanatix says:

I can’t focus on the interview because I can’t help but stare on her breasts. I love you Anna Torv!

26. Luke says:

I love her voice … is so exciting … I love Anna Torv is really charming, beautyful

27. Kelly says:

So awesome. Great interview. Looking forward to the return of Fringe.

28. teresa says:

They moved it to Friday night. That is why viewers were lost

29. Guess says:

Come back Peter!!!

30. Justin says:

I just adore her. That is all.

31. Al Thorstad says:

The stand alone stories is what caught us,these later years have lost us if we miss a story.
    I enjoy a story that doesn’t need us to watch every single show!

32. Michelle says:

Anna is amazing, but we all knew that. ;) Can’t wait for season 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. forrest says:

I’m really of the opinion that the last series episode where we had a flash forward of 15 years was suppose to be the end. Renewal was in question at the time that episode was produced. With future Olivia killed and Peter disappearing that was the end. Upon renewal, anything else is bonus in my opinion. I’m going to enjoy each and every episode like a gift for another season. It’s a niche show that hasn’t garnered the ratings for a long run. I don’t expect it to last with Fox’s track record of axing, so I am happy with another season regardless. I’m just not holding my breath for anything beyond that. Please surprise me Fox Network.

• Sandro Cutajar says:

Agreed. This show ought to be extended with new twists and a storyline that reflects the kind of mysteries surrounding the human race. For example, the issue of parallel universes should delve deeper in events shaped by the Observer, that strive to keep ‘continuity’, consistent character development and any revelation of ‘odd jobs’ they do to keep everything shaping up nicely to their aspirations.

On the individual episodes front, there are so many possibilites that can be exploited further in this fringe science rollercoaster!

34. petermushimba says:

she is just a talented girl and beautiful,Anna is amazing as we all knew that cant wait for season 4///..,

35. Leslie Mac says:

Love Anna Torv – love Fringe – loved this interview – thanks Michael!

36. Blue says:

Nice interview! There were some good questions in there. Love how engaged and animated she was. Love her!

Am looking forward to your next interview with her.

37. Aaron says:

Not to tangent, but Michael Ausiello, I want to marry you. That’s all. Can’t wait for the new season. Carry on.

38. passing says:

Anna Torv, amazing actress, wonderful woman.

And two Olivia’s in one scene, great. Loved the ones she did so far.

39. ali says: