Comic-Con

Fringe Scoop: Anna Torv Tackles the Peter Question and Her Own Big Season 4 Dilemma

It is the question that’s been driving Fringe fans bat-you-know-what crazy all summer long: Is Joshua Jackson’s Peter gone for good?!

I suspect we’ll get some kind of answer on Saturday afternoon, when the Fox drama holds its Comic-Con session. Until then, check out the video Q&A I conducted with leading lady Anna Torv at TVLine’s interview suite on Friday as there may be some clues. (Emphasis on may.)

Loading video...

Want Fringe Scoop and Spoilers 24/7? Follow Me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

Tags: , ,

Comments (48)

• She’s so beautiful and such a talented actress! I’m still pissed Fringe, Anna and John didn’t get their more-than-deserved Emmy nominations.

Can’t wait for the Fringe panel. Too bad I couldn’t be there this year :(

Comment by Jon – July 23, 2011 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, Anna. Seriously, could this woman be more awesome? Can’t wait for S4 to start. :)

Comment by JG – July 23, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a friend with hearing problems and she gets incredibly frustrated every time she has to ask me what’s in the videos. Would a transcript/little summary be too much to ask? :(

Comment by Myself – July 23, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, get typing I’d say.. What’s keeping you from helping your friend out..

Comment by YouToo – July 23, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I, myself have the same problem. Sonic Ear is the answer.

Comment by Ricky – July 23, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great interview. I can’t wait til the show returns!

Comment by Kate – July 23, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s great. Interesting to hear her talk about having to play the 2 characters and how she’d deciding how she wants to shoot those scenes.

Comment by ML – July 23, 2011 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s so lovely! Can’t wait for s4.

Comment by Fergus – July 23, 2011 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna Torv is amazing!

Comment by quantumx – July 23, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this won’t be the last season, it would suck to have both Fringe and Chuck end during the same season cycle.

Comment by David – July 23, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah :( when he asked her about them being heavier on the mythology and catering more to fans, I was sitting there shaking my head cuz I think the only way to get the viewership back up from 2-3M to where it was originally, around 6-9M, is to have those more standalone plotlines…. I hope the writers realize this…. if this is indeed a large reason why the viewership has gone down so much. This show deserves to run about as long as the X-Files (if not longer…I can always dream :P)

Comment by RJ – July 23, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So, you’re basically implying that you want the show to be less good – in order for it to get more viewers? *headshake*

I’d love a season 5, but first I’m going to enjoy season 4. The 1,5 years of Fringe have been of such amazing quality and I’m sure the coming year will be too!

Comment by Marieke – July 23, 2011 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. I can’t wait for season 5 of Chuck but I aslo know that I’m gonna miss this show. So it can’t be the end of Fringe, it would be too much for my heart ! x)

Comment by Sarah – July 23, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore Anna Torv! She’s such an awesome, classy, charming gal. FRINGE is the show that I’m most excited to see return this fall.

Comment by Mena – July 23, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man, she’s gorgeous!!!

Comment by Mae – July 23, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE her! I love interviews with her because we see her smile and laugh. Like someone said she is charming and so smart. Can’t wait for the Fall. Thanks for the fab Comic-Con coverage!

Comment by Mandy – July 23, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn she is such a beauty! Love her, Love Fringe!

Comment by Andy – July 23, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna! I just love her so much. My cheeks hurt from smiling. My birthday is the day after the S4 Fringe premiere. BEST GIFT EVER.

Comment by Sarah – July 23, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great interview. I remember the interview from last year and was just blown away at it. It’s so great to see actors/actresses so invested and excited about their show and how much it means to them. It just makes me that much more of a fan because to me, that kind of reaction is rare.

Here’s to many more seasons of Fringe.

Comment by Malcom – July 23, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • might be nice if the video actually played

Comment by Rachel – July 23, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I missed half of what Anna Torv said because did… did your shirt just blink? That. Is. Adorable.

Comment by Kristen – July 23, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! Yeah, I thought I was seeing things, but it did! Love it Mr Ausiello! :)

Comment by Liz – July 24, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved how you flat-out asked, “So what happened to Peter?” Best delivery ever.

Comment by Sharon – July 23, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been watching ever since Fringe was about to make its premier at ComicCon a few years ago. I’ve watched every episode faithfully. And although I thought the show good–very good, even!–I often found myself saying out loud to myself at the end of episodes: “God, I miss Scully!” I don’t say that anymore, even though The X-Files has been and will be #1, Fringe has come into its own.

God job guys! looking forward to Season 04.

PS: I HEART Anna! <3

Comment by Sean Flynn – July 23, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really enjoyed X-files, especially the occasional tongue-in-cheek humor. Unfortunately, the last season was lame and never should have been taped.

Comment by Gary – July 23, 2011 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t mind being a shoulder double for Anna…even though I’m a man. Just give me a leather jacket and Altliva’s wig.

Comment by RKron – July 23, 2011 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Marry me Ana!! You are my dream woman!

Comment by Eric Reyes – July 23, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s so lovely, amazing actress.60 more until Fringe, cannot wait!!!

Comment by Calyx – July 23, 2011 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *days*

Comment by Calyx – July 23, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s stunning. Im in love. Cant wait for Fringe to return to Australia. Smartest show in years.

Comment by josh – July 23, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh my, she could not be any more awesome!

Comment by stacey – July 23, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t focus on the interview because I can’t help but stare on her breasts. I love you Anna Torv!

Comment by FringeFanatix – July 23, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love her voice … is so exciting … I love Anna Torv is really charming, beautyful

Comment by Luke – July 23, 2011 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So awesome. Great interview. Looking forward to the return of Fringe.

Comment by Kelly – July 23, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They moved it to Friday night. That is why viewers were lost

Comment by teresa – July 23, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come back Peter!!!

Comment by Guess – July 23, 2011 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just adore her. That is all.

Comment by Justin – July 23, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The stand alone stories is what caught us,these later years have lost us if we miss a story.
    I enjoy a story that doesn’t need us to watch every single show!

Comment by Al Thorstad – July 23, 2011 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Go watch CSI then.

Comment by ana muller – July 24, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna is amazing, but we all knew that. ;) Can’t wait for season 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Michelle – July 23, 2011 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really of the opinion that the last series episode where we had a flash forward of 15 years was suppose to be the end. Renewal was in question at the time that episode was produced. With future Olivia killed and Peter disappearing that was the end. Upon renewal, anything else is bonus in my opinion. I’m going to enjoy each and every episode like a gift for another season. It’s a niche show that hasn’t garnered the ratings for a long run. I don’t expect it to last with Fox’s track record of axing, so I am happy with another season regardless. I’m just not holding my breath for anything beyond that. Please surprise me Fox Network.

Comment by forrest – July 23, 2011 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. This show ought to be extended with new twists and a storyline that reflects the kind of mysteries surrounding the human race. For example, the issue of parallel universes should delve deeper in events shaped by the Observer, that strive to keep ‘continuity’, consistent character development and any revelation of ‘odd jobs’ they do to keep everything shaping up nicely to their aspirations.

On the individual episodes front, there are so many possibilites that can be exploited further in this fringe science rollercoaster!

Comment by Sandro Cutajar – August 6, 2011 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she is just a talented girl and beautiful,Anna is amazing as we all knew that cant wait for season 4///..,

Comment by petermushimba – July 24, 2011 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Anna Torv – love Fringe – loved this interview – thanks Michael!

Comment by Leslie Mac – July 24, 2011 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice interview! There were some good questions in there. Love how engaged and animated she was. Love her!

Am looking forward to your next interview with her.

Comment by Blue – July 25, 2011 03:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not to tangent, but Michael Ausiello, I want to marry you. That’s all. Can’t wait for the new season. Carry on.

Comment by Aaron – July 25, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna Torv, amazing actress, wonderful woman.

And two Olivia’s in one scene, great. Loved the ones she did so far.

Comment by passing – July 25, 2011 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post