Comic-Con

True Blood @ Comic-Con: Eric-Sookie Shower Scene 'Weirder and Dirtier' Than Expected?

Get More: Comic-Con, News

True Blood fans familiar with Charlaine Harris’ source material may be in for a surprise when it comes to a pivotal shower scene between Eric and Sookie. Exec producer Alan Ball spilled some intel about the hotly anticipated moment during a scoop-tastic panel Friday afternoon at Comic-Con that also included key cast members giving clues about the future of Bill’s incestuous tryst, Sam and Tara’s romance, and a particularly creepy baby doll. Oh, and for good measure they shared a new promo video.

Comic-Con Video: True Blood‘s Alexander Skarsgard Discusses the Eric-Sookie Tango

Grandfatherly Love| Now that we know Bill and his great, great, great, great (?) grandaughter (played by Courtney Ford) have done the nasty, will they keep their distance? “They do see each other again, but Bill has bigger fish to fry now,” teased Stephen Moyer, who added with a laugh, “I’m glad that I didn’t go into some dirty, filthy, neck-breaking sex with her, and then found out.”

Romance Report | “Nothing is ever done on this show,” Ball advised when asked if Sam and Tara are kaput for good. As for a potential romance between Jessica and Jason, who just engaged in some sharing of the blood, Debroah Ann Woll chimed in: “We all know what happens when someone drinks vampire blood, so I’m actually more interested in what happens when the effects of the V wear off, how those feelings transform.”

True Blood Boss On Bill-Sookie-Eric Threesome Buzz, Jessica’s New Crush and Major Deaths!

Toy Story | What is the deal with that damn baby doll? Let’s turn to Ball for the answer. “We will find out what it is about that doll that makes it creepy — and it’s something very creepy,” he said.

Hot ‘n Dirty | For all you shower-scene fiends out yonder, brace yourselves for this tidbit from Ball: “There will be a moment in the show where Sookie and Eric are together in the shower. But it may not exactly be what happens in the books — it may be weirder and dirtier.”

Lady Loves | Now that Tara has seemingly switched teams, might we see a little lovin’ with Bon Temps’ resident bi-curious vamp, Pam? “I’m gonna write that down and send myself a memo,” Ball joked.

Maker’s Mark | Unfortunately, we will not see how Eric made Pam before the current season ends, but “you will definitely see it in Season 5,” Ball promised.

Comic-Con Video: True Blood‘s Kristin Bauer on Pam’s Biggest Crisis Yet and Why She’s Team Eric

All in the Family | Unity is the name of the game as True Blood‘s fourth season continues. “The entire vampire community is under siege this season, so they’re all sticking together to fight a common enemy,” said Ball.

Double Trouble | When asked when and how Sookie’s powers might change now that her fairy godmother has been killed, Ball hinted, “I will say that if you follow the books, you know that faeries are born in litters — and they’re identical.” Wow. So, um, another Sookie is out there somewhere?!

Long Live Bon Temps | “I think this show has a tremendous amount of life,” Ball said of the longevity of the HBO hit. “I hope to get to the point where it becomes a problem in the writers room for us to explain why the vampires are aging.”

Hello, Hooligans | Will the club featured in the books appear in upcoming seasons of TB? “It may not have the same name, but it could involve people of both sexes taking their clothes off for paying audiences,” Ball teases. “And it will have a completely different, twisted supernatural aspect in Season 5.”

Super Supes | “This year we will see spirits without bodies, whether you want to call them ghosts or not,” Ball offered up about the baddies we’ll encounter moving forward. “We have only seen glimpses of a brujo-based creature so far, but we will see a lot more of it this year.”

Witchy Wonder | “There’s a little darkness in everybody,” said Kevin Alejandro, when asked if Jesus might not be such a nice guy. “There is some good s–t going on though.”

Backwoods Breakdown | Ryan Kwanten expressed relief over his character, Jason Stackhouse, finally escaping the grasp of those creepy panther people, but then added, “I think he was actually enjoying being called ‘Ghostdaddy.’”

Beautiful Disaster | In between moments of utter adorableness onstage with Alexander Skarsgard, Kristin Bauer van Straten discussed Pam’s recent, um, facial work. “We worked really hard to make you squeamish,” she said with a laugh.

Watch the new promo video here:

Thoughts on these True Blood developments? Hit the comments! And remember that if you’re not actually at Comic-Con, no worries! Follow our TV-obsessed team — @MichaelAusiello, @MegMasters, and @VladaGelman — for up-to-the-minute scoop on all your favorites.

Comments (17)

• I don’t think “freaking out” even comes close to how I am feeling about this.

Comment by Emily – July 22, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I died right after the trailer finished.

Comment by Alex – July 22, 2011 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Claudine = Claudette.

Comment by Sivat – July 22, 2011 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really wasn’t expecting the inclusion of Claudette, but that item definitely sounded that way. I know we’re getting Claude since we know who is playing him, interested to see just when he appears and what they plan on doing with him.

Comment by Eric – July 22, 2011 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shower or no shower, I dont care!

Just more Eric & Sookie – PLEASE HBO!

They are the reason I wait for Sundays!!

Comment by DarlaS – July 22, 2011 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How long is the Comic Con ? It just started but I swear, I can’t stand it anymore !! On Twitter or here, or even on EW, journalists and bloggers only talk about that !!!!! enough already or tone it down please.

*end of rant*

sorry for putting it here but I didn’t know where else to write it.

Comment by Shurly – July 23, 2011 02:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *sarcastic voice* Oh, I wasn’t aware Pam was now “bi-curious”. I thought she was firmly established as lesbian, or at LEAST bisexual. /sarcasm.
    On another note, the Pam/Tara storyline is such a stupid idea for Alan Ball to approve of–they have written Tara to be completely against vampires (as we see in the promo, with her wanting to kill all vampires) and TRAUMATIZED by them. Maybe if the vampire was somebody other than Pam, but Tara and Pam are both badasses. I would hate to see Pam be otherwise, which she would need to be to “woo” Tara. I would also be disappointed in Tara. Just so stupid. Alan Ball is so annoying.

Comment by Lex – July 23, 2011 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um dude…he was joking.Just reread it….as for myself this season has been ok.Im so glad the “Mr.Jason” inbred panther people story is over.That was annoying…I want more Sookie and Eric.King Bill rules…oh and i respect that they were the source but the books suck (:I guess if i was a woman and lonley i might like them but the tv show is 100 times better.(IMO)

Comment by NickC – July 23, 2011 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wait each Sunday to see Bill and Sookie. I undertsand Erics fans need their day too, but I just need some Bill and Sookie to keep me hanging on.

Comment by marce – July 23, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too!

Comment by My Obsession – July 25, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way!! Eric & Sookie are so, so, so much better!! Have you ever read the books?? Eric & Sookie totally fall in love & Bill gets sent to Peru or something like that! Not to mention Skarsgard is so much hotter than Moyer!
      Eric&Sookie4eva!

Comment by hot4theViking – July 29, 2011 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mannn she is fuglyyyy.

Comment by Angel Heart – July 23, 2011 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • who is the guy playing luna’s ex bf?? i would really like to know. please and thanks :)

Comment by megan – July 24, 2011 12:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG ive been so wanting and waiting for thiis eric and sookie this season has got me hooked and counting down the days till sunday night ….

Comment by ana eva – July 24, 2011 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am hoping we don’t have to wait too long to see Bill and Sookie back together. I’m taking my cue from her grandmother’s comment that “the situation is temporary”. I want Eric and Sookie to be OVER.

Comment by Eileen Bentley – August 1, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post