Exclusive

House Exclusive: The New Season Will Take Place Where?!

It looks like House won’t be hiding out in paradise for long.

Fresh intel about the Fox drama’s new season suggests that the hit-and-run fugitive — who fled to a tropical island after driving his car through Cuddy’s living room in the finale — will first be seen this fall (spoiler alert) behind bars!

A Fox rep declined to comment, but a source reports seeing House production vans setting up shop outside a Los Angeles-area prison. That, combined with some recent casting buzz, strongly suggests that Season 8 will kick off with Dr. Crankypants doing hard time.

Makes sense, considering Cuddy’s final words to the cops were to arrest the bastard should he ever set foot in Princeton-Plainsboro again.

Of course, if my theory is accurate, questions remain: For instance, how much time has lapsed since the shocking finale? Was there a trial? How long will House be in the pokey before his inevitable return to P-P?

One more question: If I’m right, what do you think of all this? Personally, I think it’s brilliant. It both appeases fans who were livid about the violent nature of his crime and kicks off the new, Cuddy-less season in a provocative way. It’s a win-win. Well, except maybe for the jailbird himself.

Want House Scoop and Spoilers 24/7? Follow Me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. missy says:

RIP House MD.

• Chris says:

To my dismay, I think that statement may be accurate.

• Thomas says:

About the most accurate observation on this page. This piece is full of palaver and apparently where good sense has come to die.

“Personally, I think it’s brilliant. It both appeases fans who were livid about the violent nature of his crime and kicks off the new, Cuddy-less season in a provocative way. It’s a win-win.”
        O_o
        …more in today’s specious claims: Butter is a fruit

• sara says:

Sadly, I agree.

• Sam says:

Yeah, I’m sure a quick prison montage coupled with a time jump will fix the situation right up! No need to dwell on the violent crime of an unhinged lunatic–House has cases to solve!

• Agree says:

Yep. They made it all too easy for viewers not to come back.

• Courtney says:

THIS. Any conclusion to this show that doesn’t have Huddy end game is not worth my time.

• SusanM says:

I so agree! I guess I’m a naive romantic but I always assumed House and Cuddy would be a couple at the end of the show. I felt this way from the very beginning of the series – the spark between them was so obvious. Breaking them up as a couple just about destroyed the show for me but I held out hope they could find their way back to friendship at least. Now that I know that can’t happen, I don’t know if I’ll be at all interested in season 8.

• ITalkFast says:

I agree – the show is doomed. The only good news is that the past season made me not care anyway.

• Kelly says:

Agreed.This show is well past it’s prime and IMO should have ended around S4-5. Too many crazy storylines to keep me interested and turning Lisa Cuddy into a woman who became totally baby obbessed and a joke of boss to House was one of the last straws for me. I don’t blame Lisa E one bit for leaving this sinking ship. Hopefully all those staying tuned will enjoy even more raunchy teenage boy humor & violence for the sake of violence while the medical stories continue to lack any real emotion or connection with the audience.

• TQB says:

I may be a little starry-eyed and naive, but I like to think that Lisa E walked not just because of the money, but also because of the idiot they’d made her once-strong character into. In addition to baby-obsessed, as you note, Cuddy had also become incapable of maintaining her professional integrity, as well as breaking up with House in a manner that no HUMAN, much less DOCTOR, would do – practically guaranteeing his relapse. Everything I have seen or read about Lisa as a person makes me believe she is a smart, strong and dignified woman; good for her for not standing for it.

• lipsticksocialism says:

ditto ditto!

• Sam says:

She is greedy and didn’t want to be put in the corner evn if she and her ars were a big failure! Glad she is gone

• Jill says:

Don’t forget Lisa Edelstein came up with the baby rabies and Huddy ideas for her character so I can’t feel too sorry for her. Both of those brought the level of the show donw.

• Oh, puh-leeeeze says:

TQB: You need to start wearing your Big Girl Panties. Lisa Edelstein left the show because of the money. End of story. It had nuthin’ to do with professional integrity, dignity or even her menstrual cycle. It was always about money. Money, money, money. And FOX wouldn’t cough it up. So now she can do guest starring roles for a sh*tload less money than she would have made, had she stayed with House, and I think she’ll find that her age will factor in to her future career plans as well. Let’s face it; in Hollywood, once your nipple line starts skimming the area around your belly button, your ingenue days are over. Good night and good luck, Lisa E.

• Karen says:

I love how ppl on here who are probably a bunch of overweight, twinkie eating losers are taking pot shots at Lisa E’s body and her age. She looks better than you ever will, has done more with her life that you ever will and managed to get a deal from TGW in a blink of an eye after things didn’t work out w/Fox. Put please, go on and keep hating since you have nothing better to do…like idk maybe be happy you still have House? Finallly none of us know exactly why Lisa left House and I for one don’t really care because this fall I will get to see her on my TV screen regardless.

• Jenn says:

Oh, puh-leeeeze: “Lisa Edelstein left the show because of the money. End of story. It had nuthin’ to do with professional integrity, dignity or even her menstrual cycle. It was always about money. Money, money, money. And FOX wouldn’t cough it up. So now she can do guest starring roles for a sh*tload less money than she would have made, had she stayed with House, and I think she’ll find that her age will factor in to her future career plans as well.”

There seems to be a flaw in your logic. It’s all about the money so she walked away from all of that money to take less money?

Sorry. Chances are it was largely about money, however, after the finale, I don’t think TPTB made it too difficult for her to walk away. Now she’ll have to slum it on “The Good Wife,” what with its multiple Emmy noms, where she’ll have to face the consequences of leaving the singularly-nominated “House.” Hope she’ll be okay, man. Hope we don’t see paparazzi shots of her at the unemployment line, given that it took a whole friggen’ month for her to get her old, wrinkly bum hired on another job. It’s sad, really.

We really should just take older actresses back behind the barn once they hit 35.

• Oh, puh-leeeeze says:

@Karen: Who said anything about “hate?” Don’t be such a drama queen.

@Jenn: When LE left House, it was because she didn’t get what she wanted in her contract negotiations which, like it or not, are always, always about money. Do ya think she walked because the network refused to install a doggie jacuzzi in her dressing room? So she walked away, hoping FOX would chase her. They didn’t.

• Anna says:

Yes. I was appalled by the ending but the way they handled the aftermath of that finale made it even more disgusting. I am not coming back and it feels like the right thing to do. Much easier than I thought.

• Alicia says:

Ausiello really did a wonderful job of regurgitating TBTB’s agenda.
      The talk of “appeasing fans”, dropping “brilliant,” “provocative,” and “win-win”–look at all those buzz words! DS must be brimming with pride. ;)

• I'm impressed says:

Alicia! Clearly you are smarter than the average schmoe! To use a word such as “regurgitate” is downright awe-inspiring. Of course, your statement would support the assumption that our sweet Mr. Ausiello actually ingested that which The Divine David attempted to force down his throat. Let’s hear it for the Hyperbolic ‘Ho that is “House, Season 8.” Long may she swallow!

• K says:

Indeed, never thought it would go like this. I miss LE already and the season didn’t even start yet.

2. Michael Sacal says:

The season should take place in prison, with House acting as the prison’s doctor. They should at least do ONE story arc about that.

3. Akshay says:

I think it’s a good move, and probably the only way to realistically move the show forward. Given the info that they’d be skipping forward in time a few months in the season premiere, it seems pretty logical that that skip would happen while House was in jail. My guess would be that the first 10-15 minutes will be spent showing how they found House on his island escape and brought him back to NJ, and then will skip up X months to show how/why Cuddy left.

• doubtin says:

What do you mean a few months?! Clearly for House’s violent and disgusting crime he would get at least TEN YEARS in jail! Right?

• Kim R says:

At the least, he would never be able to practice medicine again. They’ve ruined the show & any believable scenario for the next season. We’re not idiots. :( I’ve watched every season & have always been a fan but this is it for me. There is no way they can fix this as far as I’m concerned. My 2 cents. :)

• jackyjj7 says:

Not necessarily as the law shows. There would be all kinds of mitigating circumstances. Some of the legal options are mentioned on this blog:

The Charges Against Dr. House http://is.gd/BWkDxm

4. Sally says:

Tropical Island? And no Cuddy? Sounds.perfect!!! Can’t wait for the new season!

• João Amaral says:

did you read the article?

• dari says:

WORD!! Can’t wait for the new season too :D

• Blackdahlia1972 says:

*facepalm!* House will not be the same without Cuddy …

• Jess says:

Without Cuddy and the huddy crap the show will be better just like it was the first seasons when Cuddy was backgroud and huddy was never mentioned.

Can’t wait for season 8

• anon says:

You know, even if you don’t care about the Cuddy/Huddy stuff, which I don’t, having the main character try to kill his girlfriend and her family is not a very endearing characteristic. It’s just gross. I’m amazed anyone wants to watch this show anymore.

• sadtroll says:

You know perfectly well he wasn’t trying to kill her. He could have, to be sure. But he was just a pissed off irrational and yes, criminally negligent ex boyfriend. Trying to kill her, notsomuch.

• Niobe says:

Some people are addicted to the show or to Hugh Laurie, some people practically worship him; they make excuses for this stuff because they have to rationalize it to make it okay for them to continue watching their addiction. House’s actions in the finale were enough for me. I don’t care what show it is or who the actor is, if you bring the main character to the point where that level of massive self-absorption, selfishness and violence is okay and make excuses for it because you had no clue that it was bad, if you have your main character do what he did to all of those innocent people, risking their lives for his sudden burst of jealousy, destroying a house, possibly hurting an innocent child, then top it off by having said character hanging out at a beach after, not a care in the world who knows how long after (even if it was in the moment by then he’d had time to think about what he’d done and feel bad about it, but clearly after all that time he didn’t)-I think it’s pretty obvious what House has become and that I can’t watch and support a “protagonist” who is like that. House didn’t feel an inkling of remorse and hadn’t a single thought about everyone’s lives he impacted with that action. He was all about himself-finally peaceful and content.
            I don’t even like the character anymore after that.

• blackdahlia1972 says:

are you sure that you watch the same show that i watch??

maybe is better HOUSE with hookers and vicondin for you but for me House is better when he was happy!!
          the very end of this show was HELP ME … perfect end.

• Jill says:

If you want happy then go watch something else, like Disney Channel!
            And yes House was better the first seasons when he was on hookers and vicodin and the ratings were amazing and the critics praised the show. Then huddy came and ruined everything

• nohuddyfan says:

HAPPY HOUSE MD ???YES You are defenetly watching a different show!!

• Ange says:

Ending it with Help Me is the only way Huddies could have their happily ever after ending. House and Cuddy were a train wreck waiting to happen and it finally did at the end of season 7.

House could never have been happy with Cuddy. He probably could never be happy with anyone.

• spoilerchicka says:

House being happy showed he was on track to being what he wanted to be= not alone AND Happy. Now we’ve got a guy who can’t help but screw up his life. I will miss Lisa Edelstein’s wonderful timing and amazing chemistry with House as well as their backstory of meeting in college. Now House is lost and to tell the truth, I really no longer have the patience for this idiot who can not keep it together by this time in his life. Yes, he’s got physical pain but he also has options about the leg. Apparently the psychosomatic aspects of the leg pain were muted when he was in love and happy with Cuddy. Losing her means he lost his way. Instead of trying to get her to change her mind, asking her for 2nd chance, he spirals out of control screwing hookers and marrying some stranger to hurt her. Given this direction, no wonder Cuddy booked from House. SHE makes sense. Don’t blame her a bit. House is a mess and his charm wore off long ago. Will miss the show for what it was in the first half of season 7. I still think the powers that be at Fox studios ordered David Shore to kill off the Huddy romance once Lisa Edelstein did the pro-women’s choice ad for moveon.org. The timing makes sense. LE did the spot in early Feb. The romance broke up about 2.5 months after (the time it takes to produce a script/shoot/edit/air an episode). No coincidence there. Sad to see what happened to Lisa Edelstein’s show options but enormously proud of her for giving the FOX network the finger and a great view of her gorgeous backside as she departed the FOX lot for good. Way to go Lisa E!

• Jen says:

Yes! More hookers and degrading of woman is SO AWESOME! I can’t believe some ppl have the nerve to attack Huddy fans and defend the awful writing of this show. I’m sure House will sink to the bottom of the ratings soon enough though.

• sadtroll says:

Jen, put down your copy of “I just discovered feminism, and I’m pissed” and do tell how this show degrades women.

Is it just the existence of hookers on the show that offends you or the fact that House frequently hires hookers? Or is it some claptrap about how poorly he treated Cuddy?

Please, I’d like to know if you just have a strong point of view or if your a delusional fan.

• Jill says:

House has been with hookers since the first episode of the first season but that didn’t bother you so why now? Easy, because you’re a bitter huddy/LE fangirl

• Jen says:

Yes, House did have hookers during season 1 but the story behind his use of them held more water (aka the Stacy arc)than the …oh, lets bang a dozen hookers to get Cuddy off my mind even though half of my thigh muscle is missing and let’s jump into a pool while I’m at it b/c criples can sooo do that too! But the best was the over the top cheesy monster truck stunt w/that awful green screen. Also during these last few seasons any woman in power or with any kind of persona that threatened “the good ole boys” was either dumbed down (Cuddy & Cameron) or killed off (Amber).Of course we still have 13 the sexy bi-sexual*wink*. Finally, once more ppl are claiming that anyone not in “lurve” with the show anymore must be a “bitter Huddy” . Get over yourselves already. IMO the writing has sucked for along time but I continued to watch…sifting thru & finding a few jewels in those seasons that reminded me why I love the show so much, hoping things would get better. Well…I was wrong. And for your information I like Cuddy and I like Cameron and many other females who have been on the show. Too bad TPTB can’t find anything but hookers, strippers, and green card brides to amuse themseleves with these days.

• Jeez says:

Jen, go watch another show! I don’t even know how you managed to go after the first episodes of House!

• sadtroll says:

Nah, I think that was a thoughtful response. I might disagree with the idea that Cameron & Cuddy have been dumbed down but at least there were reasons.
            I think Cameron’s turnaround on Chase & House after she found out about the dictator’s death was in character just VERY abrupt.

Thirteen, well yeah that’s just omigodisntoliviawildehawt silliness, her being bi is essentially an excuse to have her make out with chicks.

• jenn says:

sadtroll: I admire the juxtaposition of of “hookers” and “claptrap” with zero hint irony. Well done!

• El says:

Sally you should add and without Cameron too. A Cameron free show is enough reason to watch.

• Jenn says:

Girls are icky.

Prison’s a lovely way to skirt (no pun intended) the issue of the rapidly shrinking female cast on this revolutionary and feminist-inspiring television show, yes. The cameos by guest actresses can be limited to conjugal visits, so it will be within the comfort zone of TPTB. Depending on House’s wacky roomie, the violent nature of his crimes can be minimized — maybe his cellmate won’t possess the superhuman spatial reasoning skills of House and *actually* killed his cheating bitch of a girlfriend (who, let’s remember, had it coming; maybe through a revealing wardrobe) and her kids (maybe the window was smaller, so he couldn’t predict their movements through the house with as much precision from 50 yards away). House will, through his keen observational and diagnostic skills, figure out at 9:52 that this was due to a lazy eye, and he and his cellmate will skip out of jail together and live to drive through another house. A beautiful story of redemption.

5. LC says:

And Thirteen shows up to pick him up from jail with a martini in hand?

• Michelle says:

That would be PERFECT! :)

• sadtroll says:

I think she might show up with a beer and a vicodin.

• Dan says:

13 picking House from jail would be so predictable & dumb & a recycled story line,but oh wait!…. I swear if they are going to continue this route of the same House/13 forced drama of late S7 ,I would be so done with the show as early as after the premier of S8 .The last thing I want to watch is a 13’s show . I highly doubt that OW would want to waste the opportunity to be the female lead of the show & leave, even if she’s having a movie career.So, I’m not holding my breath for S8.

6. evs says:

Do you actually have to murder someone to have ur medical licence revoked?

I used love house but I really don’t anymore.

• postsalot says:

You have to get *caught* murdering someone. And it has to be in your capacity as a doctor.

• Huh? says:

No you don’t. You can be a doctor Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and murder someone while standing in your front yard, watering your pansies, and you’re gonna lose your license, if you’re CONVICTED. Doctors don’t get a free pass on murder, just because they’re doctors.

7. Jerry says:

Here’s my problem with this – and it’s the same when it came to Thirteen last year. In the “real world”, how soon (if ever) after being convicted of a felony and being in jail can you get your medical license back? It seems like no big deal on this show. And as much as I want to go through a period of House not having a license/waiting for it again like he was after getting out of rehab.. yeah. I hope this season can re-invent itself a bit or I’m done.

• housefan says:

13 was never convicted of a felony. They didn’t find her prints on the syringe that was used to kill her brother, so she pled down to a misdemeanor. That means suspended license. And while it seemed like only a week that 13 got out of jail and her license back, we really don’t know how much time actually passes between each episodes. It could be days, weeks, months.

8. JP says:

Hits pretty close to home in comparison to the psych ward beginning. I’ll still watch even if it seems kinda cheap to me.

9. Fran says:

It sounds like the same misery I’ve watched in Seventh season… even worse. No trial though, they would need Edelstein, but luckily she’ll be in a real series (The Good wife) where characters aren’t constantly assassinated.

• postsalot says:

Oh please, they didn’t assassinate anyone’s character on House. At worst they just drove a car into one character (House ironically).

And don’t act like the Good Wife is so perfect cause . . . actually, go ahead that is a damn fine show!

• Jenn says:

I think Fran might’ve meant a metaphorical assassinations (and, really, there are multiple offenses on this show). As someone who’s watched since the beginning, they didn’t just take a piss on House/Cuddy fans; they absolutely slaughtered their titular — sorry, I’m quickly learning you can’t use too many multi-syllable words on this site — *main character* when they had him pummel his car into his ex-girlfriend and boss’s house, escape to a tropical island (they needed a shark nearby, I presume) and not only show absolutely no sign of remorse, but rather appear more at peace than ever.

It’s not funny, it’s not cute, it’s not groundbreaking. It’s insulting.

10. Michelle says:

no cuddy..more fun anyway
    Yaitanes say on his twitter that “if i answer questions who is replacing the talented @LisaEdelstein as DoM then @MichaelAusiello will be very upset that i scooped him.” when you say somethings about that? house fan move on with cuddy drama uen moment and hugh laurie fans are ready fo the la seaon..

• enough says:

I so wish TPTB could read your post. You perfectly represent the type of audience they are catering to now.

Well done, TPTB! You should be beaming with pride!

• Jess says:

Yes because they were so proud when the huddytards screamed “Huddy sex, huddy kiss, huddy baby, SQUEEEEE”.

• enough says:

Eloquent and deep, as usual. Please write some more, you are really helping to get my point across. Thank you!

• Patrick says:

+1 , you pretty much summed up the behaviour of H/cu camp after the season6 final and it was simply childish & embarrassing.

• Fion says:

I don’t think it’s fair to lump all the people who were disappointed with the finale as squealing Huddy fans. There are many posters (in this very thread, in fact) that profess all sorts of levels of apathy towards Huddy, but still felt the finale went too far for cheap shock value, at the expense of the House character.

I watched for a brilliant, sarcastic, rule-breaking and often very funny doctor solving interesting mysteries. I’m not as interested in watching a flat out dangerous lunatic, sunk to yet a new low.

11. bruce says:

Interesting, looking forward to new eps. Hoping they focus more on the medical aspect of the show over personal relationships.

• sadtroll says:

Oh didn’t you hear Bruce, no one is looking forward to new eps because – this show has hit rock bottom, will drop to the bottom of the ratings, has the worst writers on tv, celebrates abusive relationships and, of course, is disrespectful to its fans.

12. Megan says:

HOUSE in jail I guess i’m not surprised. It was just a matter of time for two reasons before he broke down and ran a car through Cuddy’s house and going to jail. but ohh..HOUSE you never seize to amaze me.

• anon says:

*cease to amaze

• Jenn says:

Anon, maybe Megan is on to something where. Maybe House didn’t intentionally drive a car through someone else’s house. Maybe he balked at that last moment, except, no, he went into a full-blown seizure and couldn’t stop himself. And, uh, the tropical island… clearly it was the post-ictal phase and it was’t the REAL House.

13. starbuck says:

BRING IT ON !!!! Can’t wait for season 8 ^^

14. Sun says:

Nope. It’s lose/lose.

15. Luc says:

After boxing themselves in a corner, they didn’t have much choice but to go this cheese route. It’s just more to detract from actually exploring the character of House. Dealing with this type of mess in his standard deflective way will take up valuable time needed to get to the root of his issues. They really know how to waste opportunities. But, then it was crazy to want them to actually pursue the story of House. They only write smoke and mirrors, not a character exploration. Everybody lies. Especially them.

• BlueCat says:

never imagined that there would be shiny happy outcome for Huddy but interesting seeing House become a tad more human. Finale erased all House character development and destroyed any rooting interest for him. On plus side, they say it’s the last season so they can do anything they want, including have 13 finally get sick and die, preferably at the hands of House who would then off himself, ending the misery.

16. Marie says:

Sigh.

17. dunzo says:

Who cares about verisimilitude and artistic integrity, lets all just worship the all-mighty God of Syndication! After reading some of the comments, I think TPTB might have a point by treating audience like a bunch of brainless morons. Seems appropriate.

• principesa says:

I have to ask WHY people who have decided to NO LONGER WATCH OR BE INVOLVED WITH THIS SHOW (and they are certainly entitled to their opinions) keep responding and putting this show down?

If you’re no longer interested, why don’t you show it by not responding? Your bitterness, frustration only serves to add toxins to this fandom. Find wonderful new things to comment on and “Move On” please.

Those of us here who read this spoiler are interested in Season 8. If you are not…why are you here? To spam this thread and throw out some more poison pills.

Really. I wonder what would have happened if many in the fandom actually said what they thought regarding your hateful posts about Hugh Laurie and how much you want this show to fail.

Respectfully…”Move On” and please…”Move Out”.

I am a bit disappointed with this decision as I hoped that House would be running away from the law. This would have opened up new settings/people/interesting story lines. I am looking forward to the new season though. Brilliant? Hardly.

• Ali says:

90% of these bitter posts are made by few LE’s fangirls and I have to say they’re funny in all their rage and bitterness. I can’t wait to see what they’ll do in TGW fandom

• LE fangirl says:

Nah I think the bitterness is pretty evenly spread across LE fans, Huddy fans, Huddy haters and general fans of the show. And it’s only the rabid ones that post here. But you’re right, they are entertaining in the foaming at the mouth kind of way.

• Earth Orbiter says:

People are pissed because we all signed on for “House MD,” not “The Huddy Show” (which was one of the very worst written two-and-a-half-year story arcs in the history of television). This show doesn’t even come close to resembling what it once was; it is no longer special or unique. Its just another soap/rom com/chick flick, like the hundreds of others televised throughout the years.

People may turn their nose up at shows like NCIS, but the fact that their audience is growing after 7 or 8 years – largely due to the fact that they found the right formula and are doggedly sticking with it – they are clearly doing something right. TPTB at “House” have completely lost their way. When their writers desperately and unabashedly tweet their followers for “story ideas,” then that’s a clear indication that they’re floating aimlessly on sh*t creek.

But we continue to watch because of all of the time invested and our admiration for Hugh Laurie, who has proven that he can do absolutely anything that he puts his mind to, so we hope that he will be able to deliver a decent final season. And it will definitely be his last season; next spring he’s going HOME, so we may as well see this through to the end.

• sillyrabbit says:

@principesa LOL Read these comments. Very few in this thread are looking forward to season 8. You obviously don’t realize that if there were only comments from people who are looking forward to S 8, there would be almost no comments here. Here’s a little secret for you. Anyone can comment here……

18. hasta la vista says:

Brilliant? Win-Win? appeasing?

ARE YOU KIDDING AUSIELLO?

do you believe your own BS? coz we don’t!

it’s actually funny to find you still pimping this show when you probably feel miles away from what you say in public only to keep getting scoops from your new BFF Greg Yaitanes…

• Scarlett says:

I think it’s actually funny that your still reading and commenting on a show that you now obviously hate… never mind the fact that this is all speculation and they haven’t even shot a minute of the premiere yet, so it’s impossible to judge how it will turn out.

If House is beyond repair for you, why not ‘Move On’?

• Alicia says:

Right, I’m side-eyeing this article so hard. Well, Ausiello gets points for enthusiasm but the lack of subtlety is appalling. No worries though, he’ll get plenty of opportunities to hone his ass-kissing skills in the future. He’ll be an impressive sycophant yet!

• you're lame says:

“do you believe your own BS? coz we don’t!”

It’s the “we” that makes you lame. You feel like you’re part of a community of wronged fans and like your voice is one of many.

SEEK the HELP of a qualified MEDICAL professional.

Alicia, you’re just being snotty – obviously I think that’s okay :-)

19. Scarlett says:

So excited for season 8!

Interesting intel… no surprise that he’ll probably serve some prison time, though I hope they’ll show us a little of House on the run first. The recent pics of Hugh Laurie from a couple days ago, with the longer shaggy hair, certainly could play into House in prison or on the run, or both.

I believe, and hope, it will be different than Broken. I don’t think they’d copy another premiere, TBH, and prison would be quite a bit different from Mayfield.

I’ll be perfectly happy if they skip tedious trial stuff (and with LE gone, they don’t have a lot of choice anyhow), and the majority of his sentence. An ep or two in prison could be interesting, but I’m not sure I’d want to see more than that.

20. Sarah P. says:

Not a fan of House, but I did enjoy that premiere a while back ago where House was institutionalized. I think that I might just tune in for these jailhouse episodes! When the House writers write outside of the box (or, the hospital), it’s interesting to watch!

21. Doya says:

Ugh! Worse than I feared. They have really destroyed an incredible show. I don’t know who is screwing this up more, the network or the House team, but it’s very sad to see this decline. It could have gone out with a bang, but they insist on reducing it to a cliche, a shell of what once was great.

And the PR lately is pathetic. If this is how they hope to elicit excitement when they know the bad taste they are contending with, they need a new public relations team.

22. artiste411 says:

I’ll probably watch the first couple episodes, but if it doesn’t catch me right off the bat, I’m gone. Sorry, my beloved House, but you’re going to have to pull something pretty impressive to keep me around.

• Earth Orbiter says:

Aw, c’mon. You at least gotta tune in a see House as the “Personal B*tch” of some cretinous tranny con by the name of “Big Sally.” That alone should be worth the price of your cable TV.

23. more says:

No, Ausiello, it’s a LOSE-LOSE situation.
    For viewers, for women, for television, for decency and for common sense.

24. Smitty says:

Sound intriguing! Would love to have them keep Dr. House in prison/jail for at least a few episodes and dealing with medical situations in that setting, but obviously with much of the cast returning its not a long term deal. Never cared that much about the Cuddy love interest and won’t miss it. There are many layers of House to still explore, and looking forward to the new season of medical mysteries.

25. Susie says:

Nah….The answers to your questions aren’t interesting at all. It’s just the show digging a deeper hole. Then again, why not. They have created an impossible situation so they might as well try and reinvent the show. Wonder how long it will take for the writers and David Shore to be giving interviews again trying to explain what they are doing and why because it’s obvious they have reached the point where that’s become necessary. Sadly, I’m not sure they understand either.

26. Kevin says:

Guess the people heard about Rupert Murdoch’s phone hacking scandal all over the news this week and Fox is in grave danger which may not do the same with the other three networks depending on ratings but I wish the upcoming season of HOUSE would end up being its last and Fox better do the same with a few other shows like BONES and a couple new series like TERRA NOVA and NEW GIRL.

27. Kat says:

I’m so over HOUSE

28. Game Changer says:

After last season, sadly, there’s nothing at all brilliant about House MD but as Greg Yaitanes is so quick to point out, those of us who comment here and other places are only a percentage of a percentage anyway. Oh and as he also mentioned, those who don’t live in the US don’t count either.

• Dani says:

It would appear that Mr Yaitanes’ ‘percentage of a percentage’ also appeared to be on the Emmy panel. Unlucky that. :/

To be honest I don’t see how it couldn’t start off in jail. I just hope they take things seriously and the writers don’t bow to the studio’s demands as they did with season 7. I hear Murdoch and all who sail in him are unfamiliar with morality so it’s unsurprising we’ve ended up here. I’ll still be watching though. It’ll be like rubbernecking from the safety and comfort of my home.

• gemma19 says:

You don’t see how it couldn’t start out in jail? OK…I’ll help you.

1. We could have started with an awesome two hour opener where House is on the run (a la the classic TV show) The Fugitive. He would meet new people and be in new places and it might be quite interesting to see him in a totally different situation. Eventually, the police would have caught up with him-possibly even during the episode but to start out in jail is certainly not “brilliant” thinking.

2. Don’t sigh please. There were so many possibilities after that last scene in Season 7 and indications that House was not being House. We could open with some sort of operation or some sort of amnesia (because of the drug he self administered which caused tumors)

Honestly..either of these is far more exciting than jail..again.

3. I am looking forward to the start of Season 8 and find myself extremely disturbed over the extreme nastiness that still invades this fandom. I don’t know if this happens in other fandoms but it can really give one a pretty bad taste for some of its fans. No wonder many in the media are so afraid of some obsessed, crazed House fans.

• timshel says:

Totally agree with you on #3. It’s just appalling behavior.

• Scarlett says:

Man, do I agree with #3. I firmly believe that all the nastiness is driving away a lot of normal fans, too. You can not like developments and express discontent w/out being cruel and hateful.

I haven’t been involved online in a lot of fandoms, but the few that I have… they’ve never been so mean-spirited and nasty and a couple of those shows took major downhill dives in their last season(s). Bigger ones than what I’ve seen from House, by far. One of them got rid of two of it’s most popular and crucial characters and ended w/ killing off the last 4 main characters… and the online fandom wasn’t this horrible! It’s just ridiculous!
          No wonder no one wants to cover House OR subject themselves to the comments section. You practically need combat gear.

• Earth Orbiter says:

The next “Ka-BOOM” I want to hear from “Greg Yataines Yo!” (what’s with the “YO!” anyway? He’s a middle-aged, rich, white guy. What a putz.) is when his head finally explodes.

29. Brandie says:

Honestly the story arc drives me crazy used to be my favorite show but House has went from being a jerk who is always right to being a person who in real life deserves to be behind bars for life. I do not know why the show decieded to take the course it did last season it seemed like a tease to me then to have him make the choice to destroy Cuddy’s home. I’m sorry but if they were true to Wilson’s character this is something I dont even see him being able to move on from this and forgive House. With most shows only having 10 seasons they only have a few seasons to figure out if the show will end with him finding peace with himself or with him dying cause for it to end with him still a drug addict shows no growth for the character and makes the shows run pointless. But the writers already have a big fan base and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t going to watch it anymore but truth be told I’m curious, however I am expecting the same cringe with every episode this years as i did last year.

30. nohuddyfan says:

I am so happy to read this.. a new ‘BROKEN’-type of episode?? Would be wonderful… House in jail with his wife bringing him some oranges?? LOL

Wonder who’s the ”guest” …..

31. patrick says:

I never really cared about the House/Cuddy soap opera. I`ve merely watched a handful episodes of season 7. I agree houses` actions were shoking in the S7 final and it is not a big surprise that he is ending up in jail.
    Anyway i liked the mayfield episode, thus i`m looking forward to the season8 opener, where house is again outside the hospital. :))

32. doddle says:

Predictable after what he’s done to cuddy but I loved “Broken” so I’ll enjoy this ep too!

33. Cuddyfan says:

LOL Not watching without Cuddy. Enjoy the prison H fans. considering what he did, he should spend there the rest of his sorry life while Cuddy lives her happy life with somebody else who deserves her! :)

• Janus456 says:

Oh please. The way Cuddy was written the last season..she was a shrew who said “She didn’t want him to change” and then she did, and then she didn’t. Her character bore no resemblance to the one we all loved Seasons back. She (the person and the character) have left the show…but not without leaving their mark (both good and bad).

• Kath G says:

I totally agree with you, I grew to really hate Cuddy these last 2 seasons. I for one is very happy that she is gone. LE walked from the show, nobody made her go. Thankfully she will take her rabid fans, who quite frankly runined the fandom with all their Huddy crap and venom for the show, producers and other fans, because things did not turn out the way that they wanted! Feel sorry now for the Goodwife fandom. Because according to them she will be the star of that show now!! Anyway where did this spoiler come from? as somebody else had said, they have not even started shooting yet. If House is in jail fine, but I hope that is done in one episode, and then get House back to doing what he does best being that brillant doctor, and the puzzles of the case. Plus can not wait to see who will be the new dean for him to do battle with.

• Earth Orbiter says:

I’m actually curious to see if there is going to be any “tension on the set” of TGW after LE is introduced into the mix. I wonder if there will be any insecurities and/or hard feelings popping up from the addition of such a (currently) popular and controversial individual. Especially if the ratings go through the roof, she might be offered a more permanent role. Actresses are the second most insecure species in the world (actors are more so), so it’ll be interesting to see how all this plays out. Especially if LE is offered the opportunity to indulge in some gratuitous (yet integral to the plot) nudity. She does have a problem keeping her clothes on…

• Kevin says:

What a cheap shot! Yes, Lisa E had control over all of the writing on House and so made sure she could take her clothes of as often as she could. Give me a break. Oh and nevermind that House was naked in Wilson’s apartment earlier in the series..right? Because that was of course HL acting brillant and not gratuitous at all. Ppl are such asses.

• El says:

Moron much?

• nohuddyfan says:

I’ve never seen an interview with HL talking about his naked scenes … But we all know EVERYTHING about her scene in the shower in 5to9, so ridicolous…. she loves to shows her body… Hugh Laurie is just acting…

• Earth Orbiter says:

Kevin: I’m confused. Are you spanking me or supporting me? You accuse me of taking a cheap shot (yeah, I’m really good at those) in one breath and then, in the next, you agree that Manhattan’s Most Famous Party Girl shucks off her knickers without so much as a “by your leave.”

Nohuddyfan (yeah, me, too): HL talked about his nude scenes the last time he was on Ellen and again on another talk show (Leno or Letterman), where he pointed out to everyone that the lap top resting on his, uh, lap, was a 17 inch model. Then he blushed a lovely shade of puce. However, in truth, being the Good English Boy that he his, I suspect that, following that first mostly naked episode of Season 7, HL’s testicles STILL haven’t dropped back into place after retracting so far up into his abdomen, Wilson couldn’t find them with an MRI and a sigmoidoscope.

And speaking of “asses,” Kevin, Old Son, I’d rather look at HL’s than LE’s, thanks.

• Kevin says:

I’m not supporting you in the least my dear. Oh and if you had an ass like Lisa E’s I’m sure you’d have better things to do than sit on your fat ass and hate on a woman who got closer to HL than you ever will. Yes, I see you all goggled eyed over this man who wouldn’t even let you lick the bottom of his shoes and your hate for Lisa E is pathetic to say the very least.

• Earth Orbiter says:

Kevin, Sweetie, I do NOT have a fat ass, but thanks for caring. And its been many, many years since I’ve been “goggle-eyed” over ANY man. And, finally, I left my foot fetish behind in my 20’s, so I’ve not indulged in any “shoe licking” for some years, either. And I never once wrote the word “hate” or any like-minded term. To that end, at the risk of repeating a previous post: please dial back the “drama queen” performance. Sites like this are supposed to be fun, so lighten up.

34. 5ja says:

I love this show! And don’t care that LE is gone…

35. housefan says:

Jail time appeasing fans who were livid at the finale? Back up a minute, Mr. Ausiello. The fans were livid because House was turned into a violent man. And I really think “spoiler” articles like this should not be permited anymore than accidental “leaks” about shows. Give us your thoughts and opinions AFTER an episode ends or a season starts. Stop rocking the boat. House fans are sick and tired of all this. Season 7 was a joke in many ways and except for “After Hours”, the scripts were a waste Of Hugh Laurie’s acting talents. That applies to the rest of the cast as well. The House that drove into Cuddy’s house was not the man we have been rooting for for the past 7 seasons. “Moving On”? Who moved on? No one. So now jail time will explain the jump in time and a Cuddy-less PPTH? How about the fact that House hallucinates on Vicodin and injected himself with dangerous rat medicine that was supposed to regenerate muscle? He operated on himself to remove tumors in his leg. He popped a stitch and was bleeding. One camera shot focused on the blood stain on his jeans when he was at the bar on the beach. DS and his writing staff have ruined this show almost beyond redemption and having House do time will finish the job. If he is a convited felon, he can’t practice medicine even in DS’s little fantasy world.

• Katija15 says:

Good points because THOSE story lines have always seemed much more brilliant than the obvious choice they have now taken.

*sigh* I will be there Season 8 but why do they have to opt for the most OBVIOUS and unsatisfying choice of him being in jail right away?

David Kimball…where are you? Not a House running from the law, seeing people in little towns and villages and THEN getting caught….that’s clever. Neither one however is “brilliant”.

• @Katija15 says:

These two men and their situations are far from equivalent even though it seems you are blithely equating them as such. David Kimball was an innocent man. House wasn’t.

If a man runs into a house in a fit of rage and jealousy and endagers five human beings and runs off to hang at a beach after then jail is what he deserves. Kimball was cool because he was a brilliant man who was innocent and used his wits and tenacity to prove he was innocent and find the real killer of the woman he loved-his wife. House is more like OJ Simpson. OJ was jealous and in pain too over Nicole and her boyfriend.

The point is, House deserves to be incarcerated and I don’t feel sorry for him or root for him at all, unlike Kimball.

• @Katija15 says:

Wanted to add: If you weren’t equating the two then I appologise for saying you were. Upon rereading your post it seems you might be mocking the poster above you? Regardless neither is brilliant as you said, but Kimball was still cool and watchable; House isn’t anymore for me.

• Luc says:

I so agree. If they are out to “appease” they missed the point completely. They reduced House down to only the most pathetic part of him, destroying all of the redeeming qualities that gave him complexity and made the audience love him. They assasignated his character, and jail time doesn’t change that. It just means he’s a weak, pathetic man who did time. They removed the life and complexity from most of the characters and these obvious “shocking” twist don’t recover what was lost. I was hoping they’d give us something that would get them back on track, not prove they are still lost in arrogance and contempt with their heads up their hind quarters!

• Earth Orbiter says:

But Sweetie, he always WAS a weak, pathetic person. He was never strong or brave enough to even try to get what he wanted, or thought he wanted. Both Stacy and Cuddy had to come to him, he couldn’t screw up the courage to declare himself to them. When he double-crossed Vogler, he didn’t have the guts to face him, but hid in an empty clinic exam room. Instead of confronting Tritter for being a d*ck, he shoved a thermometer up his rectum and ran away. Bottom line: if you’re looking for stalwart character, integrity and dignity, go watch a Clint Eastwood movie. You won’t find any of that on “House.”

• timshel says:

Hey housefan, perhaps you and your rabid, obsessed cohorts should take your own advice and reserve YOUR judgement until after the new season starts. As a rational house fan, I, and many others, are sick of your whining and complaining. If you don’t like what’s happening, go away!

36. glory says:

Not sure they have the funds to pull off another Mayfield, so it’s probably not going to be an “out-of-the-box” episode. They will only show a brief time of him in jail and do the flashback thing to get them back to the hospital. It’s a filler episode to pacify and attempt to fix a disaster. Then they go to formula and House is miserable and never changing. For people who were in it for the misery, this is great. If you were in it for a journey, it got sidetracked and docked in S6 when they didn’t go any further with his therapy storyline. I’m sure there will be a few good episodes this season – HL is too good for there not to be – but they destroyed some of the magic when they lost the nerve to stay on the path (1 step forward, 2 steps back). They stopped moving forward at all. That was the irony of Moving On; they can’t really move forward with this character assasignation. They can only reiterate House will never change. That’s why some people watch and that’s why some will leave. It is what it is.

• SusanM says:

I agree with your assessment of the downfall of the show and I firmly disagree with David Shore’s belief that people don’t change. I want to see growth and change in my favorite fictional characters whether they’re in a book or on television. It makes them more real to me. Characters reliving the same scenerios and repeating the same mistakes year after year (and spiraling further downward each time)becomes pretty sad and uninteresting after a while.

37. housefan says:

A post-script to my first response to your article, Mr. Ausiello. I really hope you are way off base. Your “theories” as such would probably get House cancelled half way through the season. DS and his writers still don’t have a clue as to why the finale angered the true House fan as did the way they handled “Huddy”. If they had to explore “Huddy” as they always claimed they intended to do, the show should have premiered with the implication that House and Cuddy had been in a relationship at one time, and not a one-night stand. It would have been easier to stomach that way. They turned that into a love affair for the ages and screwed it up royally. House in jail because Cuddy told the police that she wanted him arrested if he set foot back in PPTH? There is no way that could be anything else but an hallucination. Cuddy had grounds to fire House the minute he swalloed Vicodin and she didn’t.

38. lainie5 says:

I once appreciated LIsa Edlestein’s character but due to the way it was written the past season, I ‘m happy her character will not be there any longer. As you can probably hear through many of these comments, this fandom is very upset STILL. The Powers That Be, had an opportunity to create something exciting at the Start of 8 but sadly have chosen a most conventional and un-inspiring route.

I would like to say something about Lisa Edelestein. She will be sorely missed but I can’t help wonder why she hasn’t spoken out about this. I do think that most of the cast were warned NOT to speak after OE tweeted and that is why they haven’t spoken.

I’ve been very bewildered by her actions. They are the actions of a woman scorned in some way and who didn’t want to stay for the “greater good” of the show or its fans. I think many of Lisa’s fans tend to adorn her with properties she may or may not have. So..she would have made less money. So…she wasn’t happy with the way the character was written or….whatever. Passing up 2 or more millions and a show she clearly became un-invested with are not traits that speak to me of the Lisa I once thought existed. Until she says something that makes sense and is not PR- I will always think that “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”.

• Luc says:

Since no one has spoken, no one knows the truth, so ridiculing her is equal to putting her on a pedestal. She has a right to put a worth on her time, to not allow restrictions on her beliefs, and to be disatified with her job. If any of that is even the cause. The Network has a right to their stand as well. This is all casting stones in a glass house and the fans who take either side have the largest rocks.

• Jenn says:

As was reported during the negotiations, RSL and LE were asked to take pay cut. Right around this time, RSL gave some interviews with some posturing that he might be leaving. News shortly broke that RSL would be coming back at his previous salary, sans cut; LE announced she would not be renewing her contract. Please tell me why LE some how owes it to the “greater good” to take a pay cut (hey girl, you know women still make less than men; just take it!) AND continue on a show that had so little regard for her character so as to write “Moving On.” How the hell was Cuddy supposed to come back from that? The hugely unfortunate thing is that House, the perpetrator, will ultimately end up back at PPTH and Cuddy, the victim, will leave a prominent position and “her baby.”

Sorry, for this long time fan, there’s no coming back from House’s actions in the finale — even more so, his complete lack of remorse. They had House indirectly “cause” Amber’s death in season 4, but at least we had House doing everything he could to save Amber, and we had to memorable “get off the bus” scene. (Although even House and Wilson’s reunion after than was a rather hollow one, IMO. At least we didn’t have every reason to hate our anti-hero, there was some nuance to it.)

• @jenn says:

In what universe was it Houses fault that Amber died. He had no control over that a car crashed into the bus, that amber took the flu pills and he didn`t asked her to get onto a bus. It was a big unfortunate accident. These things happens in life.

Sorry,when you are so unhappy with House`s action in the finale that don`t watch. Nobody is forcing you to like House or the show after LE left. Please move on and stay away everything house related.
        This negativity of some former fans pisses me off.

• I don't get it says:

In what universe does a DOCTOR, who had her own car in the previous episode, get on a BUS to pick up a drunk someone at a bar, and then get BACK ON a bus to take him home? I never understood that whole set up. Why not take a cab?

• well says:

She went to the bar to pick up House. He didn’t care for that and got on the bus. She followed him onto the bus to make sure he got home okay as he was very drunk.
            Diet pills, bus crash, pipe through kidney. Horrible ending for Amber. Too bad, she had a ton of potential.

39. Amy says:

I think it is a good move, but I am tired of House and am pretty much done with it unless the season premiere is brillaint.

40. Ali says:

I’ll tune in for season 8, love this show and with LE gone it’ll be even better

• doddle says:

I agree but it’s mainly Lisa Cuddy who I won’t regret, this character was destroyed with this stupid baby arc in season 5.
      I’ll miss Cuddy the boss from S1 to 4, not the girlfriend.

41. Karina Muñoz says:

Perfect!!! Can’t wait for the new season!

42. Deb says:

I find it very amusing that the ppl throwing out words like “Huddytards” are some of the same ppl who used to come on sites like these and act like “Hotards” when Huddy was in full swing. Now these same ppl want others to move on? LOL. I’m not shipper but will not be watching House this season after that awful and lackluster season ending. Also, if I wanted to watch domestic violence instead of a medical drama I’d turn to a daytime soap.

43. mandy says:

Honestly, I wasn’t that much into Huddy; but, that said, I think the writers handled it horribly. The bottom line for me is that I have to enjoy a show to continue watching it; and I no longer enjoy House. I’ll watch the premiere and maybe an episode now and then, but I no longer care what happens to him. I admire Hugh Laurie, but it’s time to put House to rest.

44. RIP House MD indeed. Seriously? Can things get any worse? The show’s ratings sank to an all-time low in Season 7 and not because of the brilliant acting but because of direction of the show and our beloved characters. Whether you like House or Cuddy or not, we’re all saying the same thing here, the show we once loved is gone.

TPTB totally changed Cuddy’s character and we didn’t even recoognize her compared to past seasons. And House? Don’t get me started. They took from us the brilliant pain in the butt misanthropic diagnostician we have come to know and love and replaced him with someone we don’t recognize anymore. Hugh plays him brilliantly which is what has kept us going through Season 7 as hard as it was to watch. One of the things we loved about House was that despite his being miserable and lonely, we saw a flicker of hope and humanity in him, something that made us cheer him on and want him to fight for what he wants in life. We knew it was there. Underneath all that misery and jerkiness is a man who, believe it or not, wants to be happy, he just doesn’t know how. We saw ourselves in him, we saw his humanity even when he tried to hide it. What kept us glued to the show wasn’t as much the writing as it was the TERRIFIC acting.

I am not a “Huddy” however I enjoyed the relationship House and Cuddy two shared from Season 1. Nobody can deny the chemistry and dynamic between House and Cuddy from the start, thanks to the same chemistry and dynamic between Hugh and Lisa. They were great. They brought their characters to LIFE and made us love them. I miss the banter, arguments, and the games between them. I watch old seasons now and laugh so much at their banter just as I laugh at all the great House-Wilson interactions we used to love so much. Then I think about what TPTB did to them and it makes me angry. I didn’t mind a relationship between House and Cuddy if they had played it out right. It didn’t need to be the focus of the entire season. The relationship overshadowed everything. That’s because the whole purpose of Season 7 was to break them up and throw House into an abyss so that yeah Shore could show us once again “people don’t change” and that House can’t be happy. WHATEVER! All I know is that all that prep in six seasons between two amazing characters who have known each other over 20 years comes down to this? PLEASE! There were so many ways Shore could have directed that relationship to make it a little lovable, a little dysfunctional mixed with anger, hate, and all the things those two shared for 20 years. They could have played it out in the background so as not to alienate the fans.

The first mistake TPTB made was bringing House and Cuddy together in a romantic relationship for the sole purpose of breaking them up. The second mistake was breaking them up the way they did it. The third mistake was everything that came after. Oh and an honorable mention for big mistakes goes to Greg Yaitanes who publicly chastised and mocked House fans on Twitter. True GY was heckled by some real jerks but he also said some pretty rude things to most of the fans who tweeted him even those who were civil to him. Shore should have reigned in Yaitanes and left the PR to the people Fox hired to do PR for the show. What happened in Season 7 was not necessary. It makes me so angry.

We all deserved better than what we got. The actors who put so much of themselves into their characters for SEVEN years deserved better, the crew behind the scenes who made it happen deserved better and WE THE FANS deserved better. Shore and Yaitanes claim they don’t really care what the fans think, they don’t base their storylines on what the fans want. To a point I can go along with that but let’s face it ratings started to plummet for a reason. They should have been watching and listening. When your loyal fans start turning off their television sets and complaining, doesn’t anyone listen?

Greg Yaitanes tweeted recently regarding who will replace the talented Lisa Edelstein? (nobody knows) and fans were outraged. Why? Because nobody can replace her. Besides what actor in their right mind would sacrifice the opportunity to do a long-term gig in favor of one season on a once hit show which plummeted in the ratings and is going downhill even more in its final season? I seriously doubt they will be able to get anyone who would make a worthy adversary of House to fill Cuddy’s shoes. Not to mention, TPTB built up a long time dynamic that just can’t be replaced no matter who they get as House’s new foil.

Losing Lisa was a HUGE loss for the show and for the fans but watching House sink even deeper into the abyss is the final straw. The dynamic that was that show for so long is just gone. Hugh is one of the most incredibly talented actors ever to appear on screen and I am sad to say I will MISS watching him in the final season. It is nothing against him or the rest of the cast, this is about what David Shore and his team did to what was once deemed “the best show on television” and “the most popular television show in the world”. I can’t bear to watch this train wreck thinking about how great this show once was. We lost the talented Lisa Edelstein, we lost a great show and like Shore once said, “you can’t go back” and I for one won’t be going back.

It would take a miracle to redeem this show in its final season. It would start with Fox convincing Lisa Edelstein to return and then Shore pulling House of the abyss for a real chance at redemption of his life and career as well as a return to the magnificent medical mysteries we all loved so much. At least that would be a start. A long-shot no doubt but a start.

• Jeez says:

TLTR, BORING! Go, follow LE on TGW and go bother that fandom!

• Shosh says:

I agree with you!. Still hoping for a last minute reprieve from TPTB, that they’ll find the money and gumption to get LE back. The show is nothing without her interaction with House. I haven’t watched the finale yet because I don’t want to get upset.
      Hopefully she’ll come back for at least some guest episodes and that in the end she’ll be together with House.
      Six years setting up the romance and then they kill it for no good reason.

45. Dan says:

I’m done with this show and I’ve got a feeling many are.
    Not only because of the departure of Cuddy but because the writing is not up to scratch anymore.

46. Idonotwatchforcuddy says:

I wish the writers would realise that 99.9% of the madness was caused by 0001% of the fans ans now that Cuddy has gone perhaps that 0.001% will now take their madness to The Good Wife.

• BabyGoz says:

So the other 99.999% including yourself think this season was all down to Cuddy & Huddy? Nothing what so ever do to with the writing? You think ‘chicken games’ & hooker OD is Emmy worthy TV? Good to know I suppose for all those aspiring writers out there who are currently emptying bins for McDonalds….they apparently have an audience waiting.

And to think this was once an intelligent show that left breadcrumbs & clues for those who had something about them to interpret. Who let the morons in??

• Luc says:

Interesting. You think the writers adapted all of their ideas for that small percentage? So you agree they sold out and that the story was horrid. You just see a different root. You just proved the point: more than “huddytards” and .0001 percent dislike the direction.
      By the way, it’s not just fangirls and women who find the violent House distateful. A lot of men do, too. And apparantly the showrunners didn’t drink their own koolaid because House did change. He’s not the House we knew. He is only a piece of him, and not the part that attracted viewers. Too bad for Hugh Laurie. He deserved better!

47. Kerry Lee Haas says:

The writers screwed up when they paired House and Cuddy together and when they altered the story line to suit Olivia Wilde’s movie career. Lisa Edelstein is a great actress, so I don’t blame her for what the writers did to the Cuddy character. Cuddy should have been written out a long time ago, especially way before that awful adoption storyline took place. UGH! I think Jennifer Morrison’s Cameron should have taken her place as Dean of Medicine. Fingers crossed for a great Season 8.

48. luminous says:

A Cuddy-less season is my kind of season. I ship House and his misery. I thought the car crash was brilliant. Rock on, Hugh Laurie — and hopefully, Robert Sean Leonard!

49. Gray says:

In the season finale WTF moment, it was a game changer. Not for House, but for the audience. Normally, I would watch the repeats of House during the summer rerun phase but this time I haven’t. Setting up this attempted murder scenario and then the showrunner making the claim that the kid wasn’t in harms way was a total cop out to reality. What was the point? What happened to House’s “do no harm” ethics? I’ve grown weary of showrunners running out of ideas for their show and thinking by giving the audience anything that vomits out of the heads as creative geniuses, we are suppose to accept it without question. Well, we’re questioning it big time. Hollywood’s world of crime and punishment is the Lohan defense. Keep screwing up but we’ll keep rewarding you by indulging in your delusions of grandeur. Not only have you jumped the proverbial shark, you jumped Moby Dick. It’s over guys, wrap it up and call it a day. You lost a lot of fans of this show.

• Gray, loved your comment. I’ve actually enjoyed reading ALL the comments. I don’t even think this is about just one character anymore, it’s the whole show going haywire. This show should have ended end of Season Six but no they dragged it out because they could. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.

• drdren3 says:

Yes, that’s what they’ll do. Just cause you said so- they’re gonna wrap it all up.

Well i’ll tell you what. It actually is NOT too late to redeem most of this show for its final season. Will it happen? Who knows. I like the “entitled” attitude here. No one owes us anything except good performances. Many shows totally lose their way. This is not the first show to do so but here’s what gets me: PEOPLE WHO HOPE THE SHOW DIES because they lost their beloved Goddess (who abandoned the show for whatever reasons- money, boyfriend, character). It doesn’t matter why she left anymore. Odd that people have said that she truly acts like a lady scorned and Hell Hath no fury. It’s about time that some of us spoke up against this toxic Cuddy army that spews its poison all over the place. if you’re only watching for LE and she left the show…what keeps you around? Maybe you have nothing else to do with your time? Now THAT’S pathetic.

• Katie says:

Literally, my blood is boiling at the comments on this page. The majority of you are obviously Huddy-Crazies, and thus, your opinion should be taken with quite a bit of eye-rolling, but seriously. Are you just trying to ruin it for those who actually applaud the ditching of Cuddy, and can’t wait to see how the next season goes. If you’re so mad, please, please just leave. It is beyond infuriating that I can’t even read an article about House without having scores and scores of people using this place to vent. Ever heard of Facebook? Or Livejournal? Use those areas to spout off your poisenous comments and get the hell off a page where actual fans gather to read updates and news. You make me sick.

Oh, and btw, the expression “jumped the shark” is so overused that it doesn’t even have meaning anymore. So stop talking **** about one of my favorite shows.

50. IdonotwatchforCuddy: An awful lot of people watched for the show itself, not for one particular character. The outrage over the direction of the show isn’t necessarily from one group of people who follow for one character, it seems to also be from people who follow because they enjoy the overall show. Most comments anymore from all around the spectrum seem to be saying the same thing–that the show which exists now is not the show it once was, it is no longer riveting, dynamic and interesting. That seems to be the main idea of nearly every comment I’ve read since somewhere around mid season 7.

• Cindy says:

You obviously hang out in the wrong internet blogs. There are people outhere who still care. Probably you should think outside your red coloured LE/huddy box. Please Don`t speak for the whole fandom.
      Cuddy or Huddy was never the reason why i watch this show. I watch for House and cuddy was a par of his journey. Yes this man stil intriuges me.
      The truth is /after i read your superlongcomment, you wouldn’t be bitching about the storyline nearly as much if Cuddy/Lisa E was part of the show. You are obviously super disappointed with the Show. Why are you here and complain endlessly ?
      This rage of some fans annoys me. Do youself a favour and move on.

• leilak257 says:

I NEVER watched for Cuddy. I liked Lisa Edlestein and thought she did a great job as Cuddy but some of her fans are really awful.

You’d think fans would want to emulate their Goddess? Is this what you think she is? Foul mouthed, nasty and poisonous? I never thought that. It’s a real shame that some of her fans have given our fandom such terrible reputations.

• J says:

I know it’s not fair but thanks to the rabid, ugly LE’S fangirls (especially the idiots of IWFLE)now I can’t stand the actress, they’re doing her a bad name

• Karen says:

Are you really that influenced by others? Wow, I don’t know what to say. Good luck in life.

• J says:

It has noting to do with being influenced by others! I don’t like LE’s behaviour after she left and considering what her rabid fans say she should have the decency to say something, instead she let them talk because she wants the publicity. Her fans rudeness just increase my dislike for her, that’s all.

Sorry english is not my language

• lol says:

The comments you’re talking about come all from bitter huddytards just like you!