A&E Orders Stephen King's Bag of Bones Mini

A&E Network announced on Friday that it will begin production next month on Stephen King’s Bag of Bones, a four-hour mini-series based on the New York Times No. 1 bestseller. The two-night event, starring onetime 007 Pierce Brosnan and X-Files alum Annabeth Gish, will premiere in the fourth quarter of 2011.

For the uninitiated, A&E sums up Bag of Bones as “the story of grief and lost love’s enduring bonds, an innocent child caught in a terrible crossfire and a new love haunted by past secrets.” Brosnan stars as “Mike Noonan, a bestselling novelist who is unable to stop grieving after the sudden death of his wife Jo (played by Gish).” When a dream inspires the author to return to his and Jo’s lakeside retreat in” — of course! — “Maine, Noonan becomes involved in a custody battle between the daughter of an attractive young widow and the child’s enormously wealthy grandfather.”

There, Noonan experiences “mysterious ghostly visitations, ever-escalating nightmares and the realization that his late wife still has something to tell him.”

Any King fans out there care to weigh in on this new TV adaptation?

1. Justin says:

OMG. Wonderful! Bag of Bones is my fav Stephen King book. I doubt it’ll be all that good but what a nice surprising piece of news.

2. Jennifer says:

This is great news! This is an amazing book. I think I will re-read this weekend because of this news! Thanks for the scoop!

3. EllenDa says:

Love Annabeth Gish!

4. Sam says:

I adore Annabeth Gish. She always elevates everything she’s in.

5. Matuse says:

Wonderful news! Stephen King is a master story teller and this is one of his best. Great casting too. Re-read a must before it airs.

6. jill says:

Does anyone know the date of when this series starts?

7. Peggy says:

One of King’s best book ever….. I doubt the tv show will be AS good, but I’m sure it will be very scary!! I am looking forward to it.

8. Nancy Moeller says:

I read the book when my kids were little and I always believed it SHOULD be a movie. (I will never looked at ABC refrigerator mangnets the same way)I had them on my frig when I first read the book, put them away, a NEVER put them back. Very greatfull to see that it was recognized as being worthy. The movie is following the book, and very well, amazingly so. Also, as an artist, I think the art work that the wife painted is amazing. I give my props to the props. And the acting and casting couldn’t be better. The old evil man in the wheel chair takes the cake, but the gardian adleidem, is about as scary as, the hurst driver in the original Amityvile Horror. Overall Bag of Bones is going great, can’t wait to see parts 2,3 and 4. :)

9. chibabag says:

Hello there, I found your web site by means of Google at the same time as searching for a related subject, your website came up, it looks great. I’ve bookmarked to favourites|added to bookmarks.