Comic-Con

Premiere Dates Set for Dexter, New Showtime Thriller Homeland - Watch Promos Here!

Dexter and his Dark Passenger will brave new, bloody good adventures starting Sunday, Oct. 2, it was announced at Showtime’s San Diego Comic-Con panel touting the killer drama, Shameless and the upcoming Homeland. (More Dexter scoop from SDCC can be found here.)

Dexter Boss Spills Season 6 Secrets, Reveals How Much Life Is Left in Showtime’s Killer Saga

In fact, Oct. 2 is also the date that Homeland will make its debut, leading out of Dexter at 10/9c.

Shepherded by 24 executive producers Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa, Homeland centers on Scott Brody (Life‘s Damian Lewis), a Marine Sergeant who returns home eight years after going missing in Iraq, and Carrie Anderson (Temple Grandin‘s Claire Danes), a driven CIA officer who suspects Brody might be plotting an attack on America. Firefly alumna Morena Baccarin plays Jessica Brody, Scott’s smart, strong wife.

Promos for Dexter Season 6 and the new series Homeland can be watched right here:

Loading video...

Loading video...

1. Steven says:

Claire Danes and Mandy Patinkin. So excited!

2. Dink says:

Deb is in uniform….

3. ScottB says:

Who is the blonde getting down with Dexter?

4. DL says:

I wasn’t sure what to expect after the previous season of Dexter, but that trailer has me really excited. I hope Season 6 is as awesome as that clip makes it out to be.

5. jimmy says:

What about House of Lies? any news on that premier date?!?! I love Kristen Bell!

6. PaulH says:

So when’s the House of Lies trailer and start date gonna be revealed, Showtime?

7. Bee says:

looks more and more likely that house of lies won’t start until sometime next year. i’m guessing it’ll be paired with nurse jackie.

8. Pretty over Dexter. I like it but I think this season should be its last. Very much looking forward to Claire Danes on Homeland. It looks unique and hopefully it’ll last. Just so happy to see Angela Chase grown up to kick some terrorist ass. Who knew what she’d become?

• MV says:

Oh, my, the bloom is off the rose. Yeah, I’m kinda over it too. The last two seasons weren’t that spectacular and since it took a while for the premiere I overdosed on reruns. Maybe my enthusiasm for the Dexter will be reinvigorated on Oct. 2nd whereupon they’ll change my mind about needing to bring the show to an end.

• Mr. Rogers says:

BOOO! Dexter is awesome!

9. Tej says:

I can’t wait for Homeland! I’ve missed Damian Lewis on my TV since Life ended. Homeland looks super good. I just hope it comes on iTunes cause I don’t get Showtime.

10. Mick says:

Homeland looks awesome. So happy to see Mandy Patinkin back.

And Damien Lewis. And Claire Danes. And Morena Baccarin ;)

11. Agnes says:

can somebody tell me the name of the song in dexter’s promo..?

12. Denise says:

I subscribe to Showtime when Dexter is on. Homeland looks good and I will give it a try.

13. JD says:

I’m excited for Homeland and the return of Dexter.

14. Lauren says:

Saw the preview of Homeland at Comic-Con, it looks amazing!

15. Socaldiva says:

Wtheck why did they push the date back ?? It always started in sept

16. Mee says:

Dexter is amazing. I wish there were real people like him. What a turn on!! I hope it continues for many more seasons to come!!!! He’s hot!!!

• MV says:

I think people like him are best left to the fantasy and make believe worlds. Someone who was really like him wouldn’t get away with all the stuff he does, nor would he be quite as acceptable to us if he existed in real life. Most of us bearly accept killing when the government does it legally.

17. charles says:

Colin Hanks (son of Tom Hanks) is in the 6th season of Dexter…He is a great actor. I’m anxious to see his role in the show

18. MD says:

Plot centered around faith, professors of religion and ancient artifacts, apparently it won’t be just “one big bad”, Marilyn Manson music… Is it just me or does anyone else think that Dexter might be taking on a cult this season? Sort of excited now! As long as it isn’t trying to follow the plot of the third book…

19. Maureen O'Connor says:

I love Dexter and Michael C. Hall – I cannot wait until it returns to Showtime – I discovered it the very first season it came on and have been watching it ever since – the first season was so good I watched the whole thing twice and I’ve been hooked since that time. See you on October 2 Michael (I mean Dexter)

20. hahahah that silly marilyn manson cover reminds me of this funny onion article on him http://www.theonion.com/articles/marilyn-manson-now-going-doortodoor-trying-to-shoc,459/