Fall TV Preview

CSI: NY Exclusive: Smallville's Cassidy Freeman Cops Role in Premiere

CSI: NY has supe’d up its already sure-to-be-thrilling Season 8 premiere by casting Smallville alum Cassidy Freeman in a guest-starring role.

TVLine has learned exclusively that in the CBS crime drama’s season opener, airing Friday, Sept. 23, Freeman will play a bartender whose male co-worker is killed in a robbery gone bad.

Ask Ausiello: Scoop on the CSI: NY Premiere

Just as Smallville wrapped its 10-season run, Freeman landed a role on the A&E pilot Longmire, which is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels by Craig Johnson and revolves around a dry-witted Wyoming sheriff (played by Matrix actor Robert Taylor). Freeman plays Longmire’s daughter Cady, while Battlestar alum Katee Sackhoff is Vic, one of his deputies.

Smallville‘s Erica Durance Plays Doctor (and Producer!) In New Pilot – But There’s a Catch

Comments (19)

• LOVE HER.

Comment by sarah – July 21, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!

Comment by Sarah – July 21, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, awesome sauce. I adore Cassidy, so it’ll be great to see her on my screen again. Thanks for the scoop, Matt!

Comment by Snap – July 21, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad she’s back!

Comment by Derrick – July 21, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A reason to watch the first episode.
    A very good reason. :)

Comment by HOURGLASSKING – July 21, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be nice if A&E would order Longmire to series!

Comment by Jason – July 21, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hear the Longmire pilot is brilliant, everybody is freaking out about it, so………..fingers crossed.

Comment by Ticky – July 21, 2011 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I love Cassidy Freeman!

Comment by Emily – July 21, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!

Comment by Alex – July 21, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg yay! She was amazing in Smallville. I’m so glad she’s gonna be in the season premiere in another one of my faves CSI:NY

Comment by Mimi – July 21, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t get back into the series after Stella left. However, this is something I will be tuning in for. Maybe it’s got better.

Comment by Jamie – July 21, 2011 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Glad to see her on my TV again:-).

Comment by Lana – July 21, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Back in May I was stoked to see all three CSIs shows come back for another season but I really think the upcoming 8th season of CSI: NY may end up being its last since its move from Wednesdays to Fridays last year and hoping that CBS may not have the same luxury when ratings has become a problem with its grueling primetime schedule.

Comment by Kevin – July 21, 2011 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay thanks for the scoop. Detailed spoilers about season premiere is out on several CSI fan sites and it sounds really good! I hope you give us who’s playing the new recurring character.

Comment by King – July 21, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Erica,she is a gr8 woman walking wt a gr8 man(clark).I hop u both get marry at last in smallvile

Comment by Prince stephen – July 21, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like cassidy gentle manner of approaching/tackling situations in smallvile,nd i lik her gentle luk

Comment by Qudra – July 21, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy for her!! HAHA YES!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Smallville Fan - THE GREATEST ONE - Joker – July 21, 2011 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice choice picking her, i know she’ll do jst fine.

Comment by Anthos – July 22, 2011 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad she is back

Comment by Osuolalekan kafayat – August 24, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post